Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 12 Edition
Quote | Reply
I hope all the womens are well. What's up?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 12 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't make any goals last week as I was home for a funeral, so the "goal" really was to spend time with my family and whatever training happened was fine. Here are the last two weeks

(May 5-11) TOTALS 2500 yd swim, 55.5 mi run
M - 7 mi run + 30 min. stairmaster + dove into the Atlantic Ocean :D
T - 6.5 mi run* + 2500 yd swim
W - 9.3 mi run
T - 8 mi run
F - 7 mi run
S - 8.5 mi run
S - 9.2 mi run**

*4 x 1 mi @ 6:53, 6:49, 6:44, 6:44
**5k warmup, 10k tempo

(Apr. 28 - May 4) TOTALS 12,800 yd swim + 12 mi bike + 56.3 mi run
M - 8 mi run* + 4500 yd swim + 6 mi bike commute
T - 8 mi run + 4000 yd swim + 6 mi bike commute
W - 8 mi run + 1200 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 3100 yd swim. Flew to Maine that evening, arrived in Boston 6 am Friday morning
F - off. Really nice walk on the beach with my dad
S - 14 mi run**
S - 10.3 mi run

* 2 x 2 mi @ 6:53 pace
** 1:51 very happy with this

I have been doing really well with food; no issues despite being under some, well, stress :P

Goals for this week:
- swim at least 15k with a long swim of at least 6k. Need to get back into the swim of things, as last week was unplanned recovery but I have the Portland Bridges swim on July 13 and need to start accumulating yards.
- day off from running
- total run mileage less than or equal to 45 mi
- bike at least once
- keep doing well w/ food :-)
- get caught up on schoolwork...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Bike x 6: I only did 3, but I'm still calling it a win (well, except that 1st one).
Run x 6: Zero.
Core/strength x 4: 1

I managed to get out for a little pedal around my neighbourhood with my husband on Thursday evening, then cycled down to the farmers' market on Saturday by myself - all on my hardtail mtb, which feels good to ride. I've been doing a bit of walking as well, but was in too much pain to attempt running at all. I did actually swim on Saturday, but yesterday was all about my Mum coming over for brunch - she stayed late enough that I couldn't make it to the pool, and that's just fine. I rode my motorcycle and went for a walk Sunday, but that was it; I'd tried lifting something too heavy for me while my mom was over, and re-injured something in my back. D'oh.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 4
Run x 3
Core/strength x 4

Going to see if I can get back to running this week. Will play it by ear..

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goal last week was 3 swims and 4 bikes.
Goal met.
I got in 10k total swimming:
M - 3600yds
T - 3000 yds (can't remember the last time I did a back to back swim days, it was tough... whew)
F - 3400 yds
Sat - bike 56.6 mi, solo, on TT bike, most of the time in aero (gosh did my neck get sore), first time this season for the tri bike...pleased with my ave speed...
Sun - bike 39 mi, again on TT bike, not as much time aero as I was with husband and we were trading off pulls.
Wed - trainer, intervals
Thurs - trainer, steady state

So I'm happy.
This week my goal is to do 3x of each sport, easing back into running. I'd like another 10k swim week, and maybe around 60mi on the bike this weekend.

I'm debating on my workout schedule. With my work schedule, it's really tough to get out on the road on the bike after work. before work it's still dark.
So , I was wondering about doing Sat/Sun rides and putting my "long" run on Thursdays, since that will only be about 90-100 mins.
But, then I also could use a good butt kicking, which I seem to be unable to do when solo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad, 4 runs, 4 rides including a longer pre-work super hilly ride which was awesome (gotta do more of these!) but no swim. Boourns. Oh well - my cycle started this past week and I refuse to swim during that time (yes it is that bad).

This week I am doing a 3day stint if teaching and facilitating, so it will get in the way a bit but:
- 4x run
- 1x yoga
- 2x ride
- 1x swim
And if I'm lucky...
- 1x skate:-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One great bike ride, 3 days of laziness/recovery of sore legs, then I pulled my neck/trapezius.

Now I'm stuck in CA with 4 days till my race. :( Hoping to get a couple jogs in this week without being sore for Saturday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday: Work
Tuesday: Travel to NorCal and work; dinner out
Wednesday: Work; dinner out
Thursday: Huge outside audit at work; dinner out
Friday: Ride bike day 1
Saturday: Ride bike day 2
Sunday: Watch women's Tour of California race (where I knew a bunch of womens racing!!!); ride bike day 3

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starting PT in about 10 minutes.

Wishing I were riding up Mt. Diablo to watch the TOC today, but that's utterly impossible. :-( Still, while driving to SF I was glad to see so many cyclists out on the road today to support the Tour!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 12 Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
katcycles wrote:

Wishing I were riding up Mt. Diablo to watch the TOC today, but that's utterly impossible. :-( Still, while driving to SF I was glad to see so many cyclists out on the road today to support the Tour!

I'm in Livermore and we walked over through the vineyards to see them come off Mines Road. Then I rode 10 miles in the 91F. HOT!

Good luck w/PT.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 12 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
katcycles wrote:

I'm in Livermore and we walked over through the vineyards to see them come off Mines Road. Then I rode 10 miles in the 91F. HOT!

Good luck w/PT.

I think it went well. (Owwwww.) I only have 22 degrees of motion in my ankle, but I CAN move my toes better than expected. (Yay?) Got to ride an exercise bike for 10 minutes in my big honking boot. And now I'm completely exhausted and my ankle is sore.

So cool that you got to see the Tour! I was coming back during the podium ceremony and I could see the choppers up above the mountain. So jealous. Except, to your point, it is ridiculously hot today.
Quote Reply