Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 7 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My week was going well until about 9:30 on Saturday morning, where I got hit by a car at the end of a 2 hr ride. The driver saw me, and thought she had enough time to make her turn (INSERT MAD FACE EMOTICON). I have two small fractures in my sacrum, and am stiff and a little sore, but not in a lot of pain. I got lucky - I hit my head, but do not have a concussion. Helmet did its job (see pictures below). I don't have any bruises, nor do I have road rash.

My bike came out relatively fine - the frame is fine - I need to take it to the bike shop and make sure the fork is okay, and the shifters have some damage, as does the bar tape.

So, last week I managed the following... 5500 yards (3 swims), 45.9 mi run (5 runs), 53 mi bike (6 rides, most of it commuting)
yesterday I did nothing, and today I swam 500 yards very easily.
Did not have any food issues :-)

Goals for this week:
- heal and take it easy
- no eating issues

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awful. I hope there isn't more damage - did the driver get a ticket??
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
huh, that's a good question. I don't know. I will ask.

I took out her taillight :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear this, TC. The hood ornament life sucks! I hope you heal well and quickly - be good to yourself right now.

Last week's goals:
swim x 2: win. Would have been 3 but closed due to fouling on Sunday evening.
bike x 1: win-ish. It was just an easy 35min spin on the trainer.
run x 4: win with 6 - double on Saturday.
core/strength x 4: win

I also got my cross country skis out for the first - and probably last - time this winter.

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 1
run x 5
core/strength x 4

The weather is supposed to be very spring-like all week - I was out running at 8c last night well after dark, and loving it. I'm ok with saying goodbye to the snow for awhile! Hoping to get a couple of outdoor bike rides in this weekend as well, though I know the thaw and incoming rain will make the trails a muddy quagmire.

Quote | Reply
Well, it was a LONG weekend of racing, but I managed SILVER for masters in my age category yay! K moved up in her rankings (11 -> 9th) and had 3 more PBs and improved on her 3 club records. I had 4 PBs including finally finally getting the 500 I knew I could do - I've been stuck at 1:05.20-1:05.22 for almost the whole season, then finally got a 1:02.68. It doesn't seem like a lot but remember we cover 10m in 1 sec. So that's HUGE baby. Now I just need to try to aim for sub 1min. :-)

I am super tired, and sore and stiff. Two long days and I had in total 9 races, K had 11. This morning was our last Tues am skate for the season, and frankly, I'm ready for a break. It's been a long season. Flag football starts next week. No rest for the wicked.Oh and it's spring break next week too...

This week:
- Skate 5x
- Run 3x ez
- try to ride once - short - to see how my hand is doing (have to see how shifting and braking feels before committing to 50k rides again)
- go to the pool with the kids at least once (Sunday?)
- Write up my marathon plans - one for running and one for skate.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you are healing fast, Tigerchik. How scary! I am glad you were not hurt more seriously.

Last week was... a week. I only did three trainer rides, one swim and some yoga. The week was full of working late, some crying jags, and not sleeping very well. By Saturday I was like f it, I'll relax this weekend and start over Monday. It was good for my psyche.

After voting yesterday I went for a run in gorgeous 60-something-degree weather. I realize we'll probably get a blizzard next week but I sure am enjoying the warmth while it is here!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 7 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats AndyPants! Big ups to your daughter as well for kickin' some ass!

Midtown Miles, I'm very sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. Hope you can enjoy more of the springlike weather and have some light shine in to the dark places. Take care of yourself!

Quote | Reply
thanks.

Sorry you had a rough week too. Nothing wrong with crying!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 7 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw, you guys are too kind. Really, a stressful week is not a big deal in the great scheme of things. I hope everyone is doing well! <3

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply