Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 26 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good week. Tell us about it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My goals for the week: get my thesis ready to turn into the grad school; write my ethics paper; bike 1x; swim a vo2 max workout OR a sprint workout (I did threshold this morning).
Done for the most part. I have a couple more things to do on my thesis.

M: 5 mi run + 4500 yd swim
T: 9 mi run + 1800 yd swim
W: 6.7 mi run + 1700 yd swim
T: 5.2 mi run + 3400 yd swim
F: 14.5 mi run
S: 2 hr bike
S: 9.1 mi run + 3000 yd swim

Mile repeats on Friday in the long run; progressive 6 miles in the 9 yesterday - surprised how good my legs felt from the lack of a run on Saturday! Swim workouts were threshold Monday, vo2 max Thursday, sprint Tuesday.

Goals for this week: finish a project related to my research assistantship at school; turn thesis into grad school; bike 1x; swim 1 sprint workout and 1 vo2 max workout; running takes care of itself

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday-Run 4.2mi
Tuesday- Bike 1hr (trainer class)
Wednesday- Swim 2100 yds
Thursday- Run-Hill workout (w/coach)
Fri- off
Sat- Swim 800
Sun- Tri store grand opening, was going to go for a ride, but it started raining. Won a bike fit in the raffle.
Tapering for Oceanside this weekend...goal for the week is to finish!!

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided to make this last week a recovery week.
I only got one swim, two bikes and ran 46 miles.
I feel much better going into this week. I needed a down week.

But now I have IM TX in 8 weeks and coming fast. No more easy weeks until taper.

Goals
bike x 4 including one long ride
Swim x 3
run at least 50, w/ a long run of 20.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I forgot. I did do a 1/2 marathon on Saturday. I won female masters - which was a nice surprise since I've been injured since October, and didn't really run all that fast. So hooray for nice surprises!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 26 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad. With the anemia recovery, I have good workouts and bad ones. I'm still just doing whatever I "feel" like doing, and that's been just fine.

My Fri. evening swim was slow and I felt a tough lightheaded afterwards.

I had a really positive thing on my Sat. morning run though - I started out with a friend and we were running along, he looks down at his Garmin and says holey crap! We were going at a pretty good clip and I wasn't feeling it. So that was nice. We backed off after that because he was doing a half marathon the next day. Which was also probably a good thing to do.

Sunday's bike ride with my husband went better too.

I was more tired both days than usual. Sat. I took a nap and Sun. went to bed early!

Today marks 3 weeks that I've been on the iron supplements.

I'm sure there's going to be more ups and downs but I'm just trying to stay relaxed and positive. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ran a 30k race that i signed up for in october 2011, trained for diligently through november and december, got injured in early january (and nearly gave up), then managed to half-assedly retrain for through february and march.

goal was to finish (done), run the whole thing (done) and not re-injure myself in the process (done). as a bonus, i finished at least 5mins faster than i would've thought!

full race report here: http://illadvisedracing.blogspot.ca/...march-25th-2012.html

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Did the Melbourne IM. 2nd IM for me and smashed my last time by almost an hour and half. was a fast course. but any advice on how i can not die in the run would be great.. i hit 24km into the run and just lost speed exponentially from there until i was just plodding a waddle for the last 10km (with world of pain losing my little toenail in the process.. gee this sport is sexy!!)
... didn't walk more than a hundred metres or so and walked through the aid stations to increase nutrition. also had extra salt (in the form of vegemite - love that stuff but then again, i'm an Aussie). I've been working on the ride quite a bit and i'm slow on the uphill but i didn't smash my legs on the ride and started out pretty strong on the run but just couldn't keep it up so my marathon was a 4:28 but i cut my bike from 6:20 in Busso last year to 5:37 at Melbourne (yes - i realise very different courses and different conditions but still an improvement).
I don't live in a town where there are great running coaches so if there's tips and training advice out there i'm all ears (well, eyes since this is written format).
Cheers,
J :)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 26 Edition [noodlecat77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, some amazing weekly reports from the ST sisters. In my book, a 4:38 IM marathon is nothing to sneeze at.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How NOT to train for Leadman Triathlon 125K this Saturday:

Saturday = 13K run on base of next to nothing
Sunday = 69 mile ride after 2+ months without sitting on my tri bike
Monday = 2.5K swim. Very glad I learned to swim as a child so that I remember after months out of the water.

I will participate anyway because the CEO of my company is coming in to the race as well. Given his DNF last year, my training plan should match his ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 26 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the race report!!! Loved reading it. Great Big Sea - love them! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thesis turned in. Have swum 4x but not sprint or vo2 max - one nice threshold workout, though. Way less stressed than the start of the week; that's good.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 26 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks :) i've actually known that tune since i was a little kid, though - it's an old newfie folk song. it wasn't until i was searching for a youtube version for the blog that i found out great big sea had covered it!

cheers!

-mistress k