Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 24/25 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens are well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 24/25 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got in good training until I caught a full blown cold. Total fail on biking the last week. I was feeling tired, feeling like I was coming down with something so I backed off on a few workouts. Last Mon. I took an unexpected day off because I was just exhausted. Trained fairly regularly tues-thurs. Then when I got home from work on Friday, my normal workout-free day, my husband determined I was NOT doing the bike race on Saturday. I spent the entire weekend on the couch. Doing nothing. It was the right decision but it was awful. SO ticked. I still have a cold and I'm hoping to get back on track very soon. I definitely feel better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6 for 40-45k: WIN
Bike x 3 - easy spins will do: FAIL - 2 only.
Swim x 4: FAIL - 3 only. 2 pools closed on Sunday and I absolutely detest the only remaining option.
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Spent most of the weekend doing this:

New HDTV cable box required new receiver (no digital inputs on old one, and the digital-to-analog converter we'd been running wouldn't work anymore), which got wired with 2 additional speakers (plus one to come; currently on order), and required new DVD player (bought a Blu-ray player that does upscaling on standard-resolution DVDs). Old receiver & DVD player went upstairs & gave new life to an old set of speakers that had been unused for a few months. We probably have a slicker A/V setup in the spare bedroom/man cave than most people have in their livingrooms, and once the new dedicated centre channel speaker gets wired in we'll have damn close to THX-quality sound in our livingroom. Stuff falls off shelves already! I do still have to replace the corroded RCA plugs on our old turntable, too, so we can listen to our vinyl collection with eye-popping sound.

I did also manage to get a snappy, hilly 10 miler in as my last big workout before Around the Bay this weekend. Felt pretty good. Might just make my dream of sub-3hrs happen.

This week's goals:
Run x 4 incl ATB 30k
Swim x 1
Core/strength x 2 (already done)
Mobility/stretch x 2

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Mistress K - GOOD LUCK with your race this weekend!

Good training week for me and feeling strong on the run as I head into my first half marathon on Sunday.

Goals:
4 swim - only got 3 swims in
1 bike - Done!
5 run - Nailed all of them!
Finished my long run on Sunday feeling really strong and hit a personal best - longest run ever (9.1mi) and best pace ever for a long EZ run.

My swimming is suffering a bit - for some reason, I feel like a mess in the pool - I am trying to swim sets with longer distances/shorter recoveries. Am not a fish and may need to get back to basics and work on technique some more and stick with shorter sets. I like swimming, but damn, it can be so frustrating to put so much effort in and then go backward.

This week
3 swim (one done!)
1 bike
4 run including race.

Happy Training to all of the womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: spend M-Th running less and swimming more (am off to a good start with 6.5 miles and 4600 yds today) didn't really cut back on the running but got a decent amount of swimming in ... as I fly home on Thursday and my pool access is more limited there. So a goal of 15k swim from now until Thursday... though not quite 15k worth... and to keep doing well with eating! had some mild issues one day at home, but overall am THRILLED as am over 2 weeks now with only mild issues. Also am doing okish on the egg/cheese thing so still working on that, but a major major THANKS to the womens for the help on that other thread

M - 6.5 mi run + 4600 yd swim
T - 12 mi run + 1800 yd swim
W - 5 mi run + 5600 yd swim
T - 10.3 mi run + 1100 yd swim
F - off
S - 13.5 mi run
S - 8.5 mi run + 1 hr stair master

totals 13,100 yd swim; 55.8 mi run; 1 hr stairmaster

Goals this week:
at least 1 day off from running. Should do some snowshoeing while I have the opportunity!
2 swims
bike once
enjoy my break :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Mar 25, 14 13:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. Coming back from being sick the week before. Started week slow, but got better toward end.
I had 7 bikes, 5 runs and 3 swims

This week is 2 weeks out from 1/2 IM Galveston. I'm a little worried about the oil spill. We'll see if they have the swim. I would be really disappointed if we can't swim, I've really been trying to get better on the swim. Oh well...out of my hands.

Goals this week - start taper
swim when I can
Run 4-5, but long run short this week
Bike 3-4, long bike a bit shorter too.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week- Tues- track workout- good
Wed- off
Thurs- track workout- walked :(
Fri- swam & drove to Fresno (arrived just after midnight on Saturday)
Sat- cousin's wedding, & spent time with my nephews (2yr old & 2 month old).
Sun-drove home from Fresno, exhausted.

This week
Mon- off
Tues- Track workout- done increased milage a little bit from last week.
Wed- spin class
Thurs- swim
Fri-??
Sat- Bike & run (my local tri shop is hosting a mock triathlon & I volunteered to help)
Sun bike & run??

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week we were all in Hawaii (Kona-Kailua) so I can't complain :-) managed a run along Ali'i Drive and a whack of o/w and pool swimming. Have decided I will start swimming again, even if only 1x week. I have also decided that I am not going to let work get me down any more, get me stressed out to the point where I feel sick and eat/drink too much + exercise not enough. It's not worth it. So I will look for other ways to structure my work, including possibly looking for another job.

This week:
- ride 4x
- run 4x
- swim 1x (really!)
Anything else!!! :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply