Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just had a chance to read through last week's thread. CLM, was the non-motorized treadmill a woodway CURV? My former university had some of those; they're neat. I am glad you were able to run a bit!

I'm intrigued at the chocolate and tahini buns; I like all of those things but have never had them together.

My goals for last week were to swim 5x for a total of 4k. I swam 5 times, but only short swims - in part because I didn't plan my time super well and in part because the occasional issues I have with my SI joint made flip turns hurt. That all seems to have sorted itself out now; it also kept me from the 1 bike ride I had semi-planned. Anyway, 5 swims for a total of 1750 yards and 6 days of running for a total of 39.3 miles. Some climbing at the indoor gym, and one rest day.

I'm in Salt Lake for the week - visiting my brother for spring break. I have a bunch of work to do, but I'm happy to be doing it here :-) workouts = whatever I can get in.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik. Good work on your goals and safe travels to SLC.

My goals from last week were straightforward -- swim 3 times, ride 3 times, run 3 times, do PT twice, and yoga once -- they were completed as planned. I've been riding my tri bike again so that's positive and one of my runs was off the bike. On Sunday, I went for a casual and really enjoyable hike with friends and my dog and that was the highlight of my week.

I'm sorta unexpectedly attending a triathlon camp at the end of this week. I don't exactly know what we'll be doing so I'm not going to set any goals other than make some friends and have a good time. I'm looking forward to meeting some other athletes and coaches and working on skill development in particular.

I hope everyone has a good week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a GREAT weekend. My husband I went away for the weekend for the first time without kids (we should maybe do it more than once every 6.5 years). I napped. I slept all night. I ate too much. I was lazy. It was grand. And the weather in the mountains was beautiful. Only downside was no skiing - I have a bit of a cold and wasn't feeling very energetic.

I started swimming again a couple weeks ago and was enjoying having the pool all to myself. This morning I had to share a lane (gasp!) what's up with that?? Go back to bed people - I get up at zero dark thirty just so I don't have to deal with anyone else. (and the logistics are a lot easier when everyone else is still in bed and asleep).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Go back to bed people - I get up at zero dark thirty just so I don't have to deal with anyone else.

x2

glad you got a nice weekend away!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Go back to bed people - I get up at zero dark thirty just so I don't have to deal with anyone else.

x2

Me three. I hate waking up early but I hate people more. XD

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
CLM, was the non-motorized treadmill a woodway CURV? My former university had some of those; they're neat. I am glad you were able to run a bit!

No - it's a Technogym Skillmill. Only $9,700! https://www.technogym.com/us/line/skillmill/

Last week was mixed (again). I am on track for another 200 hour work month, but we have hired someone so that should (better!) let up.

I had an appointment with the ortho doc about my hip on Tuesday. He and the physician assistant (whom I really liked) did an eval and x-rays and they think that I may have a small impingement, but maybe not a tear (great news). And the surgeon said - "Compared to you pre-surgery knee x-rays, your hip looks fantastic." So, continue physical therapy (which does seem to be helping) and 30 days of anti-inflammatory meds. Though, I think the anti-inflam meds are not sitting well with me. I feel almost like the stomach flu and super, super tired, but hopefully feeling better each day.

Mon: overslept and then too busy at work
Tue: strength workout; ortho appt.
Wed: physical therapy and treadmill; started anti-inflams
Thurs: did not feel good at all – so tired – fell asleep at work
Fri: felt better; bike 10.2 miles (Zwift)
Sat: sick most of the day
Sun: felt better; yoga (1:20); walk outside 2.0 miles

I'm looking forward to "only" working an 8 hour day instead of 9-12 hours.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

x2

I'm spoiled. I never have to share a lane. Sometimes there are only 2 - 3 people in the whole (olympic-sized) pool. Like this morning - me and one other person 6 lanes down. And the lifeguard. I go to a fortress-gym (aka, University Rec Center). Kids don't wake up early and us grown ups aren't populous enough to make a dent. Not to mention it is finals week at the University.

Okay week last week. LOTS of work. Swim x2, Bike x0, Runx2. Oh well. Survival first. I still have a mad calf when I run so I'm taking it easy...

Rock on, Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

x2

Have y'all tried swimming in the ocean? It's almost ever busy :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC - If you have the time this week, try out the buns! They were super :-) Have fun visiting your brother!
Edbikebabe - woohoo for sleeping and indulging and spending time with the hubby.

Last week worked out like this:
M: swim + run
T: bike + strength
W: swim + run + strength (that I didn't do on T)
Th: bike
F: swim + run (despite my best efforts I caught whatever germs Dan had brought home)
S: rest (but probably not that restful a day, I've volunteered to help out as an interviewer at one of the local universities) - definitely not that restful, managed to land up in the ditch off a major highway. Luckily I was uninjured and the car seems undamaged but as Dan keeps telling me '[you] could have been KILLED'. I had a few big glasses of wine that night.
S: bike + strength

This week:
M: physio (done) + run
T: bike
W: swim + run
Th: Bike/Run Brick
F: swim + run
S: rest
S: bike + strength
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
definitely not that restful, managed to land up in the ditch off a major highway. Luckily I was uninjured and the car seems undamaged but as Dan keeps telling me '[you] could have been KILLED'. I had a few big glasses of wine that night.

glad you (and the car are) ok. :-(

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What triathlon camp, SoCaltri? I just saw an email for a free San Diego Series camp on Thursday & Saturday. Is that it? Do you know details?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes! What happened? Glad you and the car are OK.

SoCal, yes, I very much enjoy my peaceful lake swims on beautiful summer days! Sadly those aren't around for very long in Michigan. =)

CalamityJane, nice pics! How fun to run in four different places.... but I can totally understand getting burned out.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I can run again...a bit.

I set out last Thursday aiming for 2km, but felt ok and pushed it to 20mins. We went tubing on Saturday afternoon and there's the option to use a magic carpet lift or just hike the hill (about 300m at between 6% and 15% grade); due to the crowds and not being totally sure about the jump-off at the end of the lift, I hiked the full hill all dozen times.

From the bottom, looking up - magic carpet on the left side.

From the top, looking out over Kitchener. It was a gorgeous, sunny day just a few degrees above freezing, even if the wind was a bit nasty. Super fun!

Ankle dealt with that ok, so tried another run on Sunday; made it 30mins this time, so actually got to chalk one up for the 100 in 100 challenge. From holding my own in the top 10 to struggling to stay in the top 100, and I won't even make a bronze medal.

Decided not to swim last week (last time I did my left shoulder issue was quite bad) and only got on the bike once, but walked almost every day including one other day of repeats up the 350m/10% grade hill I live on top of. Climbed once at a new gym on Friday - sent my first 5.9 in 20 years but the pulley soreness was the worst it's been the next day, so may be awhile before we go climbing again. Crappy body really can't keep up these days..

Actually managed my most comfortable run yet yesterday on my lunch, but my ankle was really sore afterward despite not complaining much at all during the run, and I think I may be coming down with the cold that has had my husband sounding like death all week. So, we've just been getting to bed super early (which for us is 10pm - tantalizingly close to 8hrs of sleep) and trying to help each other rest and heal.

My big hope is to feel strong enough to run 6km of almost-flat, groomed rail trail on Sunday before our usually-monthly brunch with friends. We didn't manage to have one of those in February and I'm really looking forward to spending time with people I love like family who are blissfully apathetic about my athletic capabilities (or lack thereof)..

Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88, sorry for the delayed reply-- the camp is in Tucson and it's been a lot of sports so far!

Glad to see you back at, Mistress K!

Quote Reply