Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How was it? What are your goals for this coming week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty rotten week last week. My grandfather died, so the week was consumed with visiting hours, the funeral, and a lot of sadness and stress. I coped okay with it (See all the running :P )... had some eating issues, but given the circumstances and all the stress (my mom absolutely went to pieces... she snapped at me a lot and I know she didn't mean it; it was just stress, but it still hurt). I have today off from work and I am just trying to let the dust settle, and settle back into school. I am still sad. I am hoping to see my therapist this week because I know that would help.

My goals for the week: get my thesis ready to turn into the grad school; write my ethics paper; bike 1x; swim a vo2 max workout OR a sprint workout (I did threshold this morning).

Workouts last week:
M - 6.2 mi run + 1600 yd swim
T - 9.5 mi run
W - 12 mi run (6 x 1 mi @ 6:36 pace, quarter recoveries)
Th - 6.6 mi run + 3300 yd swim
F - 13.1 mi run
S - 8 mi run + hip and shoulder exercises
S - 12.5 mi run + hip exercises

Totals: 4900 yd swim + 67.9 mi run

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Mar 19, 12 7:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry about your grandfather. That's such a difficult time. I agree, see your therapist! And get back into a routine. Take care of yourself!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

How have your past few weeks been?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My week went well. It was spring break, so my girls were home from University, so the schedule wasn't normal, but still got in the majority of the workouts I had planned.

monday - off
Tuesday - run 8.5 a.m., swim 2000 m, p.m.
Wed - run 8.5 a.m., bike 1:30 p.m.
Thurs- run 5.2 a.m., bike 1:30 p.m.
Fri - run6.1 a.m., swim 3000 m p.m.
Sat - Run 18.5
Sun - run 3 miles w/ dogs, bike 4:35, 2 mile transition run.

Totals
just 5000 swim, disappointing
Run 51.8 - Ok
Bike 7:38 - ok, but would have like to bike 4 times.

Goals for this week:
Swim x 3,
Bike x 4 - w/ one long bike
Run - keep it at 50-55 mpw

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sorry to hear about your rough week. :(

I am currently in somewhat of an 'unstructured' training zone...
two and a half weeks ago I was diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia. I have been taking iron supplements now for two weeks. So I am doing what I feel I have the energy to do until I start to feel better. My levels of ferritin, hemoglobin, hematocrit were crazy low.

Last night I ran 3.4 miles and it was the best run I've had in months. The pace is still pretty slow given the effort level, but it was nice just to be out in the great weather.
Other workouts have just been sporadic and doing what I feel up to doing.

I'll have to figure out how to ramp back up in a couple of weeks (based on how I'm doing). I go back for another blood test at the end of April.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 19 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember your post about being super tired. Glad you figured out why! Get better soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Thoughts go out to your and your family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TigerChik, sorry to hear about your grandfather. Now more than ever it will might be good to get back into your routine.

Determination, glad to hear you figured out what was going on.

last week was a recovery week from my race. This week, the tri season starts for me with eight weeks to go until my first 70.3 of the year. Kicked it off with bang, getting fished out of the pool today by the guard when my calf cramped up on me! Poor kid, he was shaking like a leaf. I didn't really need to get pulled out but I did want someone keeping an eye on me until I could stop cramping enough to let go of the lane rope and get to the side of the pool.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, i managed to run 1km without a break which is a unique performance

http://nationsloan.com/boat-loan-rates/
Quote Reply