Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 10/11
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 10/11 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
goals for the week:
no food issues! I CAN do it! issues 2 days
get at least a B on my upcoming test (Fri... very difficult maths class) don't have test back yet
swim 18k didn't swim that far but did swim 6 days which is good
day off from running YES!!! I WIN!!! and keep total running to 40 miles or less nope.
bike once nope

Had a very stressful work week last week. Less stressful this week though I have a lot of work to do.

M - 7 mi run + 4100 yd swim
T - 7 mi run + 2800 yd swim
W - 9 mi run + 3600 yd swim
T - 9 mi run + 1000 yd swim
F - 8 mi run + 1200 yd swim
S - 14 mi run + 1200 yd swim
S - off

Totals: 54 mi run + 13,900 yd swim + 1 rest day ;-)

Goals for this week:
- no eating issues. 1 day down!
- swim 18k (3600 yds done)
- day off from running
- total running mileage less than or equal to 40

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6 for over 60k: WIN - 6 x for 62.6km
Bike x 3: WIN but 2 were really recovery spins.
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Coming to terms with the fact that huge running mileage (for me) means I have to back off on bike work. Will still shoot for 3 x per week, but I'm basically using it as active recovery for my running legs.

This week's goals:
Run x 6 for 65k
Bike x 3 - easy spins will do
Swim x 4
Core/strength x 4

Last big week before taper for Around the Bay. Legs, don't fail me now!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
last week's goals: "I will try to spend some time by myself, as well as with family. I find that I need the alone time to process feelings. I have been feeling very blue since Sat and I need to allow it to happen so I can move on. So will run 3x, skate 2x, help run the ST provincials meet this weekend, and anything else would be nice. "

I ended up spending one of my days off going XC skiing right after a nice dump of fresh powder.... I hadn't been able to go xc skiing in over 3 years, so this was really a nice time for myself to just be alone and process my emotions. I sure felt a lot better after some down time, and was in a pretty positive frame of mind when I went back to work on Thursday. I did run 3x, rode once, only skated once, and the short track provincials absolutely rocked to watch but shelled me (14hrs+ of running off my feet both days).

This week:
- run 4x
- skate 2x - last skates with the club for the season :-(
- ride to work 2-3x
- ghetto gym/core 2x
- start researching skate boots for my wide feet. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 10/11 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is the little AP still doing ghetto gym work with you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a complete fail. I can blame weather and the work, but the truth is I just didn't get out and do my walks when i could have.

Already blew up this week by giving a go at some pre-injury paces for a half hour trainer ride. It felt great to cut loose but it was too much and I'm paying the price now.

Appointment with sport doc tomorrow. We'll see what she has to say.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall, last week was a good week until training was derailed by a stomach flu at the end of the week.

Accomplished 4 swims, 1 bike, 4 runs, 1 strength. Missed one bike and long run and not going to get down on myself for it.

This week, we have been blessed with a couple of nice days before winter returns with a vengeance tonight. Still can't run my trails or my beloved towpath due to the snow/ice/ankle turning ruts) and with the return of cold weather tonight, it doesn't look like I'll be running my favorite haunts anytime soon - this is the never ending winter!

This week goals:
4 swims
2 bikes (done already and first two rides OUTSIDE this year!!!)
5 runs including one race - 8K shamrock shimmy!
2 strength

Into my last few weeks before my first half marathon and have no idea how to pace it so am jumping into an 8k race on Saturday to try and figure out pacing. Am not a runner, so this will be a learning process!

TC - I hope you hear good news on your test!

Happy training all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some nights, yep :-) She loves burpees. Crazy kid.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good. I think I got in all my intended workouts. Had a stellar long run. Got outside Sun. afternoon on the bike with the husband for the first time this year. I'm not sure that helped my long run recovery though.... but oh well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, my sport doc told me to pull back on how hard I bike, but keep biking. Plan is to cycle until I can do so without pain, then add swimming until I can do both without pain, and then, when I can bike, swim and consistently walk 25 miles a week without pain, start a return to run program. So it's at least another 15 weeks of PT.

Of course, I got the "it can go south" anytime reminder, along with the list of symptoms that indicate the need for emergency surgery, but at least there's some hope.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply