Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March. 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
It's March!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week have been (a) day off from running done, yay!!! (b) bike to work at least 3 times done, enjoying it (c) do well with food am slipping on this (d) do a long swim no (4k)
Super busy at school/work but at least am enjoying it... still true :-)

M: 11.5 mi run + 1700 yd swim
T: 7.5 mi run + 1500 yd swim + 6 mi bike
W: 8 mi run + 6 mi bike
T: 10.5 mi run + 6 mi bike
F: 7 mi run + 1800 yd swim
S: 9.6 mi run + 5 mi bike
S: 25 mi bike

totals 5k swim, 48 mi bike, 54.1 mi run

goals for this week: day off from running, at least 10k of swimming with at least one 4k workout, at least 50 mi of biking. Start using my healthy coping skills instead of bingeing.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: 4 runs - DONE, 2 rides - DONE, 2 skates - DONE, 1 swim - FAIL, and chief referee-ing a short track meet this Saturday - DONE. K will be racing, so it will be fun to watch. :-) Watch the snackiness - think before eating of what I'm eating and why - DONE/good work here.

This week: last week of skating :-(
- 4 runs
- 2 rides
- 4 skates
- 1 swim
- Keep watching the food intake (less garbage, more veg/salad)
- Find a 5k or similar to keep me motivated
- Keep looking for a new job :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got a new dog!! Not yet, we get her after next weekend (already had out of town plans). She's a super sweet little terrier cross. My son loves her & I can't wait to love her up & convince her she's home.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oooh that is exciting! What's her name? I can't wait to see pictures!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her name is Lucy. We planned on renaming her - but our son is pretty adamant that she's a Lucy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got a kitten last summer. My brother and I couldn't agree on a name, so I call the cat Chester and Isaac calls him Hobbes...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
- run x 6: win
- swim x 3: win with 4
- bike x 2: win though 1 was really just sit'n'spin
- core/strength x 4: win

This week's goals:
- run x 5
- swim x 3
- bike x 2
- core/strength x 4

Expecting really horrible freezing rain/ice pellets this evening (starting right at the time we commute home), so not sure if I'll get a run in this evening since the last time I tried in those conditions I was lucky to escape with just a couple of frostbitten toes.

Cycling is having to take a back seat to running as mileage ramps up and my motivational stores have been too depleted from kicking my ass out the door in sub-arctic temperatures and horrible road conditions every day to get me on the trainer.

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Preschool tours are done, as of this morning! They totally threw me off. I got the Sufferfest Triathlon training plans (Novice and Int) and I registered for Vineman Monte Rio and Oakland Int'l Distance.

Did a breaststroke and butterfly clinic on Saturday and absolutely killed it in the pool this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
run 6, swim 3, bike 3.

It was my cutback week last week so I took it easy, specially given the motivation issues the previous week. As a result, I ran x 3, swam x 1 and biked x 2. And went to ski race training. Feeling far more refreshed this week.

Had a busy few days in terms of fire call-outs. Last Friday we had three, another one on Saturday and this morning we had 4 before 10am.

This week, aiming for bike x 4 (one down; FTP tested with other half sitting there yelling at me and FTP went up by 11%!!), swim x 3, run x 6. Expecting highs of between 3 and 9C towards the end of the week so really hoping I get a run or two outside (dependent on the ice melting a bit)!

Oh, and I signed up for the Edmonton police half at the end of April.
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Mar 3, 15 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did a breaststroke and butterfly clinic on Saturday and absolutely killed it in the pool this morning.

nice!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to go on the FTP!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! My FTP Is pretty low so making some newbie gains. And having Dan there hollering at me was clearly helpful since when I FTP alone I only tend to see a 3% rise :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I continue to hate being injured. The end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been somewhat reluctant to post since I feel like I sound like a broken record - "marathon training going well, I'm not getting on my bike enough because I'm not motivated, and swimming is holding steady in maintenance mode".

The dog is holding steady. Though, his neck lumps (the lymph nodes) seem to be getting bigger again. He's mostly acting fine.
Sometimes, I look at him, and I feel like crying. This will be the first pet I've lost as an adult.

I'm doing the ITU race in Sweden this June. Plane ticket purchased and I reserved a ground package spot, traveling with a friend. Really looking forward to the travel.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March. 2 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My broken record is "ran a little, should have ran more, need to bike & swim". I think it's just that time of year (that's what I'm telling myself at least). Even the threat of my sister being faster than me at a 10km in May isn't motivating me to get running more (and that would normally be a HUGE motivator).

Sorry about your doggie. I still cry about mine & we put her down a year ago.

Hooray for Sweden - Scandinavia is on my bucket list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always wanted to go to Sweden! My dad's side of the family is 100% Swedish... though the great-grandparent level is when they moved to this continent from Sweden.
I won't be there very long, budget is tight for us but it will still be SO COOL. I'm going to try to make the most of the time I have!
Thanks. I'm just definitely trying to watch the dog and make sure he doesn't suffer much.
Quote Reply