Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 4 edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it! AP, how was your race and the beer garden?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: 2 swims, 2 rides (1 ride done this am :-), let running take care of itself, hip exercises 1x

In a complete change of tigerchiky pace, I had 4 rides and only swam once. (I swam this morning and was pleased that it came back super quickly and I swam fast!). One swim, 4 rides; running took care of itself; did the hip exercises.

M: 13 mi run
T: 2:30 bike + 5 mi run
W: 8 mi run w/ 0:30 bike to and from the gym
T: 9 mi run + short lake swim (10 minutes! It was freezing)
F: 9 mi run + 0:38 bike + 30 min canoe
S: 9 mi run + 0:50 bike to/from gym + hip exercises
S: 6.5 mi run

totals: 10 min swim, 4:28 bike, 57.4 mi run, 30 min canoe :-)

Eating: 7 for 7 :D

My overarching goal for the summer is to take advantage of my location and hike, kayak, canoe, and open water swim. This morning I rock climbed for a bit.
Specific goals for the week - hip exercises 2x, shoulder exercises 1x, 1 pool swim (done) + at least one OW swim, at least one short ride (hip was a little sore after jumping into cycling so much last week), let running take care of itself

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 4: WIN
- cycle x 4: FAIL. one hard TT on wednesday night and a noodle up to the air show and back on saturday.
- run x 6: WIN
- core/strength x 4: WIN

this week's goals:
- swim x 3 (will miss sunday AM due to event)
- run x 5
- core/strength x 4
- cycle x 4 including my first century ride on sunday

we'll call last week a run focus and this week a bike focus ;)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
It sounds like you both had good weeks! Well done.

My goals for last week:

Start weight training, wanted 3 x - I lifted 2 x, which I'm happy with. getting to the gym is a huge win for me.
bike 1-2 times - Only one bike. My biking partner fell and broke his clavicle. Bummer. I'll probably be on trainer a lot since I don't feel safe biking alone.
run 40 miles - WIN - ran 50 miles
swim 1-2 times. LOSE - none

Goals for this week:
weight training x2
Core x 3
Bike x 2
Swim x 1-2
Run x 50 miles.

Happy training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I re-broke my hand while helping a mentally handicapped child client with his coordination on Tuesday. Two weeks of recovery gone and probably a bigger calcified lump on my little finger :-(

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that Sally. That sucks big time!

Goals this week are 4x swim; 4x bike; 6x run; 7x home exercises; 2x PT. Time to get serious about my IM training.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry - that's no fun. I'm sure you've thought of this, but anyway to brace it while working w/ clients so this doesn't keep happening? Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which IM? How many weeks?
First IM?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second one, so I'm looking to see an improvement in time.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! What an amazingly hard and beautiful race - I was SO SORE for days - up up up and down down down then up up up then down down down. I would do that race again in a heartbeat!! Only 17Euro (~25CAD) got race, beer at the finish (and amazingly good beer at that), t-shirt, finishers cert, great course, holy cow. Running in the rain through the Ardennes forest, where some of the nastiest fighting in WWII happened (see: Band of Brothers mini-series if you haven't already, it will give you an idea) after a fantastic breakfast of fresh warm croissants, Ardennes ham (nom nom that's got Miss K written all over it), butter cheese and lots of strong coffee. Even had a sugar waffle at the aid station at ~12km. There were some seriously amazing runners out there - the folks that did the full get HUGE props for HTFUness.

Beer garden & snausages afterwards. La-Roche-en-Ardennes is just a beautiful little slice of heaven. While we enjoyed the rest of our time in Belgium - and no I did NOT train at all that week - La-Roche was the highlight. P even thanked me for sucking him in (he did the half too). Oh and we both finished 17th/18th in our categories, about 15-20min off our normal 1/2 time. I'll see if I can post some pics.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds great and I would love to see pictures!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a few in the latest HWYW thread :-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply