Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goal last week was not to stress eat - done :-) I also completed my Red Cross Water Safety Instructor course, so my camp can now offer Red Cross (TM) swim lessons. I learned some useful stuff in the class. The downside was that I was not as productive on schoolwork as I wanted to be.

I saw a doctor and got a script for prednisone, which is helping along with some hip/glute exercises, to clear up the hamstring tendon irritation. I also should be able to see a PT this week. I've kept all the running easy. Didn't try cycling as I didn't want to chance it; I'd rather be able to run.

Ran 6 times (41.3 mi), swam 2x (3375 yds), walked 3.4 mi on the day I didn't run, and did 30 min or so on the indoor climbing wall.

Goals this week are to do things that let the hamstring get back to full strength, and make some SERIOUS progress on schoolwork.

I hope everyone is well!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr TC - Hope the hamstring recovery continues to go well!

I had a good couple of weeks (I missed checking in last week but read what you all had to say) getting in most of my workouts! I skipped a couple because I was at a conference and was running short on sleep mid-week. I also managed to tear up the skin on my heel on a new pair of shoes and that needed a couple of days to heal up.

I am now 8 weeks out from my 70.3 and hoping to keep the consistency and momentum from the last 8 weeks going forward. I have a busy week ahead with a lot of public education activities and an exam so I'm scheduling my time carefully and just working on getting one thing done at a time.

Plan for the week:
M: swim (done) + run
T: bike
W: swim + run
Th: bike
F: swim + run
S: rest day (but I have my exam and I'm on call)
S: bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took it easy this week after overdoing it last week. Worked a long course swim meet over the weekend, so got a lot of walking and vitamin D.
This week-not working much this week as it is the last week of school, so not much demand for substitutes. Summer school starts next week and we have meetings and prep time on Friday, excited to be teaching Geometry this summer.
Training this week - swim 1-2x (missed Monday swim, tired from swim meet), run/walk 2x, working another swim meet this weekend, so no bike for me.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a little difficult. I spent 9 days in Kansas visiting my brother and Dad (and nephew and his family). My Dad is progressing quickly in his dementia - such a big difference from when I was there in mid-March, so it wasn't a real happy visit. I did get some sort of exercise done every day - walk 3x, swim 4x and strength/TRX 2x. My brother and I also got to go spectate the Dirty Kanza 200 (and 350, 100, 50 and 25 mile versions) gravel race and that has made me want to get back on my bike. Plus, I got to see Jordan (Rapp) finish (plus a number of other friends).

For the week:
Walk 6.6 mi (2:03)
Swim 4,900 SCY (2:09)
Strength 1:22
Total time: 5:34 (not that much, but OK considering I was gone from home all week and had no pool Mon/Sat/Sun and no bike at all)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply