Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 30
Quote | Reply
Hope the womens are well :-) is anyone else following the World Cup?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES! Killer comeback by my Oranje yesterday, watching FRA v. NGA right now.... love world cup!

Last week: 5 runs, 5 rides, no yoga (cancelled), lots of walks. Was still jetlagged a while, waking up early + crashing early. Feel more on schedule now.

This week: M+T off work (Canada Day!) so, 4x run, 3x ride, yoga, swim planned. Aiming for a nice long road ride on Sunday (6+ hrs).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First post here: did my first triathlon yesterday. Panicked on the swim, crashed on the bike, decided to just take it easy on the run. I finished, I didn't come last and now I know what I really really need to work on for the next one (September 6th).
Hoping for 3 x run, 2 x bike and 3 x swim this week.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YEOWZA! What an experience. Open water swimming scared the CRAP out of me the first few times, too - to my great embarrassment, I ended up walking along the shore for a portion of my first tri). I hope the crash wasn't too bad - it sounds like you learned a lot that will help you in the next one.

---

I had a crummy week, missing the first three days for being sick.
1 x bike
2 x run
2 x strength
1 x swim ... in which the FFF's wrecked my day.

Story time. So I was feeling good and ready for a long swim on Saturday morning. Suited up and headed to the pool. Two folks were swimming in the first lane, one woman the middle, and I hopped in the third. No sooner had I put my goggles on than a morbidly obese woman ORDERS me to move to the middle lane so she and FFF#2 can share the 2nd lane. My default setting is 100% support for the larger folks - at least they're at the gym and trying - and I was in no mood to fight, so I move over and get going. She and FFF#2 proceed to slowly bounce down the lane, riding foam tubes (pool noodle between legs, legs weighed down with ankle weights). Now we officially have the rudest people I have met since moving to Utah: Fat Fucks on Floaties.

I completed one lap and paused to check my garmin (I've been having issues with it not recording distance) at which point FFF1 yelled at me "You are the SLOPPIEST swimmer I have ever seen!!!" After thinking to myself "What the fuck would she know about swimming?" I simply replied, "Excuse me?" She then declared with much exasperation, "You splash SO much!".

I then realized that the FFF's main concern that day was not messing up her makeup while she bounced with her FFF buddy. Ew. I kept my trap shut and swam for another 40 minutes... I MAY have made sure to give an extra kick each time I passed them. I think she's the kind of person who tells children to stop laughing so much.

/EndRant

This week's goals: 3x bike, 2x run, 2x swim, 2x strength, and don't kill FFF's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've been watching the World Cup. So excited to see Brazil win, especially since my husband was on his way there for business entertaining. I didn't want him flying into a riot of angry and disappointed fans! My mother was in town this weekend and I had a slightly embarrassing episode at the airport when she found out the US had advanced -- she had a little too much to drink on the plane (she's very small, so I can always tell when she's had that second glass of wine!) and so did another big guy who was walking around baggage claim yelling USA! USA! USA! Mom joined in and added some clapping . . . . she's 70 years old and barely 5 feet tall . . . . hilarity ensued.

Anyhow . . . training for Ragnar is going pretty well. I've ramped up the run miles, trying to pay special attention to not hurting myself. I ran Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, maxing out at 9 miles on Sunday. Tuesday/Thursday I did some stretching and strength work. Saturday was my kids' swim meet. First time I solo deck ref'd a meet, so was on my feet for about 5-6 hours. Other than that, no workout on Saturday.

This week, will be running Monday (check!), Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday will be super easy and Sunday will be 10 miles. Tuesday/Thursday easy stretch and strength workouts. I find out what legs I'm running tonight when our Ragnar relay team convenes for the first time. Should be fun!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
YES! Killer comeback by my Oranje yesterday, watching FRA v. NGA right now.... love world cup!

I speak Dutch and am also an oranje fan... cheering for them and the US; too bad they are in the same bracket :-(

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That woman was really rude.
I am sure your swimming is not sloppy :-) I splash a lot too.
Flip turns are a good way to seek revenge on mean people at the pool... I can get a pretty good splash to the deck or the next lane if I try :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
before I post - I am desperately in need of a kayaker for the Bridge Swim on July 13. Race starts at 7:30 am in Portland, OR and I will try my best to be done in time for the World Cup final at noon... any Oregon/southern Washington ladies (or lurking men) who would be interested in kayaking? I would be so grateful...

Quote:
Goals for the week:
keep doing well with food (have been fine for quite a while now, actually) had one day that was not great - it was the rest day - I often eat cr*p on days off. There is, however, a solution to that! Next time I will make a meal plan for the day. (why has that not occurred to me before...)
at least 20k swim DONE!!!!!!
not run so much that it cuts into my swimming done pretty well. Was a bit low energy Sunday afternoon

M - 4.2 mi run (3 x 4 min @ 6:40 pace / 1 min recoveries) + 3600 yd swim
T - 5 mi run + 6400 yd swim
W - 9.5 mi run (6 mi @ 7:19 pace) + 1000 yd swim
T - 6 mi run (1,2,3,3,2,1 min @ 6:27 pace / 1 min recoveries) + 1500 yd swim
F - 8 mi run + 4200 yd swim
S - off
S - 12 mi run (8 min miles) + 3300 yd swim

Total: 20,000 yd swim + 44.7 mi run

goals for this week:
same as last week

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
before I post - I am desperately in need of a kayaker for the Bridge Swim on July 13. Race starts at 7:30 am in Portland, OR and I will try my best to be done in time for the World Cup final at noon... any Oregon/southern Washington ladies (or lurking men) who would be interested in kayaking? I would be so grateful...

TC - do you mind if I post your request on my facebook? I still have friends in PDX. One even works at REI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The scale is depressing me but I'm tracking my food and doing pretty well. Sunday was a very busy and tiring day at the shelter, 10 kitties got adopted!, so that meant bad dinner choices. Otherwise I'm pretty well on track.

My knee is still messed up. Running is pretty much a joke. I don't even want to talk about it.

Last week:
2 x weights w/personal trainer
2 x swim @ 1000y each
2 x lameass run/walk
1 Body Pump + Core work class

This week:
(What day is it?)
2 x personal trainer
3 x lameass run/walk
2 x swim @ 1200y each
No body pump this week because of the holiday

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay for 10 kitties being adopted - and sorry to hear about your knee :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This little bugger went home with her twin sister.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Jul 1, 14 20:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sooo cute!
I am cat sitting Sunday through Tuesday and I can't wait. I can't have pets at my apartment, so I get super excited when I can pet sit :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could spam this thread with adorable cat pics but I won't.

I walked 9000 steps on Sunday afternoon at the shelter. Stayed an hour and a half late to help fill in for someone. I was wiped.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't mind if you did. I used to foster and I love all the kittehs! We have three in the house now. There's always someone looking for a lap.

Last week, I did...jack. And oddly, I feel great. Less pain, less swelling, and some actual motivation coming back to start up on the bike and in the pool in my new, less painful state. My walk is improving and getting easier. I won't say I overdid the beginning of my recovery, but it is weird to say that I think I made the most progress by doing nothing. Just something to chew on in this period of extremes.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a couple more when I get home. They are seriously cute.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN
Bike x 4: WIN
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Sorry to hear your first tri was a poor experience Scheherezade! Glad you haven't let it put you off - you'll nail that race in September!

Agileciper, that freakin' blows! I don't know why people feel the need to be such jerks.

This week's goals:
Run x 4
Bike x 2
Swim x 3
Mobility/stretch x 4

And the major one:
Do Not Break Self at off-road tri on Saturday.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Well one of your problems is now solved... Sorry, was supporting BEL. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zomg... so kyoot!!! We already have 3 fuzzballs and are planning to get puppies once we have a backyard.

Thanks for volunteering!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... I ran into the FFF's again today. I was halfway through my swim when they raised the water level by 2". No lane sharing issues, as I was the only one in the pool at the time. After I finished, I popped out of the pool and FFF#1 yelled out, "HEY" and did a "come hither" motion with her finger.

I may have sunk to her level... but I replied, "Sorry, I don't speak cow" and kept going to the locker room.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL... I am staying tuned for more... what will happen next time?!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you hate them as much if they weren't fat?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 30 [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not at all - like I mentioned in my first post, I am 100% support for the bigger folks doing ANYTHING and respect all at the gym trying to work out. What they are doing isn't working out, and beyond that is being rude. I mentioned this to my trainer today and they are aware of this couple of "ladies" and that they are rude to a lot of folks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was curious since their weight factors prominently in every post - beyond just the things they do/say. ie - the fact that the water level went up in the pool 2" when they got in really has nothing to do with their behaviour (the only thing you say that you find objectionable).

I have no doubt that they are not very nice.
Quote Reply