Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 16 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 16 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing much better. Family stuff is still hard but far, far better than last week.

June 2-8:
16,300 yd swim
46.1 mi run

June 9-15:
13,400 yd swim
39.5 mi run

This week: swam 2k in Seattle this morning, flying to Salt Lake City tonight - rest of the week will be in Salt Lake so we'll see what happens :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN
Bike x 3: WIN with 4
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Awesome relay tri with my sweetheart on Saturday (7/12 teams but lots of fun), cheering on fellow ST member Cee Cee doing her 1st tri after 6yrs of duathlons & spending the last year and a half learning how to swim, fantastic side trip to Niagara Falls for some super relaxed cycling sight-seeing afterward. Sunday was exploring some new trails on our mountain bikes as we made our way up to a memorial/share the road awareness ride in Waterloo and rode home again a different way. There was amazing food, a lovely campfire Saturday night, lots of sun and laughs! Got to spend almost the entire weekend with my husband just doing fun things.

This week's goals:
Run x 5
Bike x 3 incl 1 singletrack mtb ride
Swim x 4
Core/strength x 4
Paddle x 1

I FINALLY HAVE A WEEKEND WITH NO EVENTS! Time to put in some work on the trails and lakes!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
So YOU are responsible for the lovely weather! So glad to hear you're feeling better. Ping me if you want to do lunch sometime this week (or go shopping or w/e :D )

My week was good - recovering from the DinoTri and focusing on consistency. My quads took the longest to recover, hence no running.

I would have done more swimming, but my trainer CRUSHED my shoulders/back on Wednesday and my chest on Friday. I was thrilled with the yoga class I did - folks were nice and the instructor was great. I definitely felt the benefits of the upper body work between the training and yoga today in the pool - my catch feels SO much stronger and my numbers are slowly improving. I also splurged on a massage, which was great for loosening my super-tight neck/shoulders but somehow hurt my lower back.

This week's goals: LOTS of biking and swimming, a couple easy jogs, but leaving my legs ready for a Fairy Tale 5k on Saturday. I somehow bribed my husband to be Prince Charming to my Cinderella for this interesting run at 7pm (every race I've done in the last 1.5 years has been over by 10am!). It is definitely not a race - I doubt I could PR in this getup (but with running shoes).

Pictures to follow :D

<3

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Last edited by: Agilecipher: Jun 16, 14 12:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good week. Got together with a friend after work last Monday.
Got a massage on Tuesday, which was a good one and really helped my post-70.3 soreness. :-)

Got in an abbreviated swim on Wed. - due to the lightning/thunder alarm going off at the pool. We got kicked out and waited around to be allowed back in.
Thursday was a late day at work so I got in a decent am run. Friday I was going to swim again but it was chilly so I bailed and ran after work. Saturday was an early bike ride and then a day with my non-tri ladies. :-)
Sunday I got up early to run and then church and father's day festivities with the family. All good.

This week, back to it. yay! I'm hoping to restore my 'normal' tri schedule - or rather, figure one out with the job, life, commute, etc.
LOL.

Hoping for
run & swim mon
bike & run tues
run & swim wed
bike & run thurs
fri either off or swim
sat bike long
sun run long
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm okay. By Friday PM I was walking like a little old lady. Fortunately, I had a deep tissue massage booked and she attacked my calf. The muscles were completely stuck together. I was sore on Sat but all of a sudden on Sunday I could walk!

I didn't make it to the pool and only rode 2x last week. Work got on the way and my PT suffered. I missed exercises 2x. Once was deliberate because I had walked longer than expected and was sore. Friday night I was exhausted and sore and sleep won.

This week's goals:
PT x 6
Bike x 3
Swim x 1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm happy to report a pretty good week on my end. I backed off the walk miles from 20 to 15.5 and added 2 very EZ 30 minute trainer bike rides, and got in 2 x 1200 meters EZ swim. Had to resort to pain meds only a couple of times. I almost started to feel like a ghost of my old triathlete self!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first open water swim since probably Oct. 2011. They go every Sunday morning at 6:30 AM, so I'll hit it up again this weekend.

Saturday was the Tennessee State Time Trial Championships. Not that many women my age race bikes, so I am the W55+ TN State TT Champ. Love my new bike, but need to work on fitness. Fun time with my teammates.

I still can't seem to get up and out the door to be in a pool at 5AM. That's just crazy talk.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 16 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoo hoo! Way to go, clm!
Quote Reply