Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 11 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 11 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday! Just did Eagleman 70.3 yesterday, woke up feeling pretty good! A little tired, but not really sore, just some residual fatigue. It was my training race for IMLP next month, so I was happy to know my training seems to be working. Looking forward to taking today off and getting back to some easy Z1-2 work this week before diving back into full-bore training.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 11 edition [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the Eagleman finish!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week are to do things that let the hamstring get back to full strength, and make some SERIOUS progress on schoolwork.

Yes and kind of! I saw a PT, who noticed my SI joint was a teeny bit out of alignment. He fixed that and I'm back to normal :-)

One thing I am really proud of last week was on Friday I just did not feel like working out, so I didn't.
totals 6 runs 38.5 mi, 5 swims 7500 yds.

Running a 5k this Saturday and I am excited to race. Nooo idea what sort of speed I have right now, but I like racing and it's a local thing for a good cause. Goals are to get legs somewhat rested for that, swim a bunch, make serious progress on schoolwork.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck for the race Dr TC - I hope your racing legs show up for the occasion!
nina - well done and good luck on the last push before the big day.

I managed to pull off all my public education activities, including the big one in three locations with multiple partner agencies that I was running for the first time. Phew. I was feeling a lot of pressure over that one.

I got all my training sessions in but fuelling wasn't great so they all felt tough. I was on call for the weekend and it was pretty grim outside: wind, thunderstorms, rain so I caught up on sleep and housework.

This week's plan:
M: swim + run (both done)
T: bike
W: swim + run
Th: bike + run brick (hoping to do this outdoors)
F: swim + run
S: rest
S: bike

If the weather is good I might head south on Thursday to join Dan who is travelling for work and get in my first open water swim in about 3 years. I already have anxiety about this but I'm hoping that all the time I've been putting in at the pool will help with my nerves.

I also need to get my coursework done for an instructor course I am doing. The knowledge test was supposed to be at the weekend but the officials forgot to send out the test papers so now it's been postponed for two weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 11 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I hope your racing legs show up for the occasion!

Hee hee, that made me laugh.
Great job on pulling of the public education event!
If you try OWS, one way to sort of ease into it is to simply swim for a few min as if you were leisure swimming - forget about the idea of trying to train, and just swim doggie paddle or breaststroke with your head above water.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a decent week last week. Rode on the trainer and ran three times each, lifted weights, did some PT homework.

I feel like now that I am in my late 30s, I am one minor ailment away from "just take me out and shoot me." My thyroid was all out of whack, and then I broke my knee, and now I am having breathing problems that I don't know yet is anxiety, asthma, or something else. I had a chest x-ray and blood oxygen test Monday and both were normal, so??????????????? Of course it is very likely that because I am not running as much I am just out of shape, but this shortness of breath doesn't feel like the regular "I am winded because I am running too hard" and it doesn't feel like an anxiety attack, either. UGH!!!

ninagski wrote:
Happy Monday! Just did Eagleman 70.3 yesterday, woke up feeling pretty good!
Congrats on Eagleman!

Scheherazade wrote:
I managed to pull off all my public education activities, including the big one in three locations with multiple partner agencies that I was running for the first time. Phew. I was feeling a lot of pressure over that one.

I got all my training sessions in but fuelling wasn't great so they all felt tough. I was on call for the weekend and it was pretty grim outside: wind, thunderstorms, rain so I caught up on sleep and housework.
Yay for education, getting your training in even though it was tough, and catching up on sleep and housework! (not that I would know what that's like, haha)

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
If you try OWS, one way to sort of ease into it is to simply swim for a few min as if you were leisure swimming - forget about the idea of trying to train, and just swim doggie paddle or breaststroke with your head above water.
I also do that when I OWS, just get in, splash around, get my face wet, float on your back and on your front for a few minutes, etc. Even before a race it really helps to calm my nerves.

And good luck, Dr. Tigerchik! And yay for taking a day off. I have had SI joint pain before and what helps me to unlock? crack? reset? the joint is to lie long-ways on a foam roller so it goes from my tailbone to between my shoulder blades. Then I put my feet together and butterfly my knees out and kind of rock back and forth. That seems to get things back into the correct place. Also, stretching out my back by sitting up high with my legs in double pigeon also seems to get the joint back in order.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply