Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: run outside at least once, DONE
do a run > 10 mi, DONE
do a run w/ mile repeats, no, started doing one but am not sure what pace to run them at so it turned into a 5k tempo something
swim 4x DONE

M: 7.3 mi run + 1375 yd swim
T: 6.5 mi run + 975 yd swim
W: 1h45 very easy outdoor run
T: 4 mi walk, 2000 yd swim
F: 4.8 mi run + 1075 yd swim
S: 4.2 mi run + 2175 yd swim
S: 8.2 mi run, lifted

totals 6725 yd swim and between 42-43 mi run (not sure of distance of outdoor run but it was hot and humid and I was moving slowly)

The summer camp I work at started this week! I taught swim lessons and lifeguarded all day; it's a day camp. Goals for the week
swim 4x (1 done)
do at least 90 min of schoolwork M, T, W (am at an academic conference Th, F, S)

run outside twice
do mile repeats :P

hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! This is my first post in over 2 years! I took a lengthy break from triathlon but am signed up for IM Chattanooga, so back at it. This week I'm tapering for Muncie 70.3 on Saturday. My goal is to finish strong and figure out what I need to work on for the IM.

Monday: 90 minutes of weights and yoga
Tuesday: 2hr bike on trainer, failed swim due to lightening and pool closing
Wed: one hr recover bike/ 2 miles of pace running off bike
Thursday: 90 min run on treadmill working on sprints, 3000yard swim, 45 min yoga and abs
Friday: 3500yard swim, 70 min. strength
Sat: 65 mile bike, 8 mile run
Sun: brick workout: 3800yard swim, 17 mile bike, 3 mile run

All my workouts felt good this week! I am "off" from teaching high school during the summer, but also have a second job evaluating essays for WGU and I'm taking a graduate class online--so very busy all the same!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crashed and burned at swim last Monday, so ended up taking the week off, was going to ride Saturday, but had to watch my nephews.
This week - try to get more than one workout in. Did okay at swim tonight. Last week of summer school, have my last test and final written, just need a quiz for tomorrow and Thursday.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
I moved up a doctor's appointment and got a blood draw yesterday to see if I am overmedicated for my thyroid. It would be the first time in my life but maybe that explains the chest tightness and anxiety. If that's not it, maybe I try to see a pulmonologist or maybe it really just is anxiety. I live within 2 miles of Canada and they just legalized weed..... haha.

I'm hoping to sign up for a 5K in a few weeks to keep myself motivated, even if I do walk/run the whole thing.

Last week was OK. My knee was a little sore early in the week so I didn't do a whole lot, but I got in a couple of runs and a nice bike ride outside later on. I also bought a 10-class package of barre classes to use within 2 months so hopefully that will inspire me to get to the studio. =)

The saga of my thyroid continues, if anyone else has thyroid issues and wants to offer advice/commiseration. Bloodwork came back yesterday and my T3 *is* elevated. So I have to reduce my naturethroid and go back on a small dose of snythroid to make up for the reduction in T4. I really, really hope this is the last adjustment I need to make for a while because I have been dealing with this crap for 10+ years. The people at my pharmacy already hate me because of my odd dose of naturethroid they had to track down, which I can't even take at that dosage anymore... haha. It is something of a relief to me that there is a reason for me feeling "off" lately, though. We'll see if the change helps at all.

With that information I did got for a super slow swim last night at my beloved outdoor pool and it was wonderful with NO anxiety. Also, I am doing that fun 5K on Sunday, which I am looking forward to even run/walking it. I have a family event on Saturday so that will probably be a rest day. If I can get in a couple of easy run/walks and a barre class in the meantime, I will be happy.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was an OK week considering the pool was closed on the 4th. And - it was so hot here all week - high 90s and humid. I need to increase my number of bike workouts, but I'm liking swimming much more right now.

For the week:
Mon: Swim 2,000 (57 min)
Tue: Strength (1:00) and PT
Wed: Bike 15.1 mi (1:16) outside (no pool - holiday)
Thur: Strength + rowing (46 min)
Fri: off (storm - no swim)
Sat: Bike 10.6 mi (Zwift); strength (30 min)
Sun: Yoga (1:17)
Time: 6:28

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about thyroid issues, except that the med adjustments sound super frustrating. I hope you get it sorted out.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [trigirl102] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello! This is my first post in over 2 years! I took a lengthy break from triathlon but am signed up for IM Chattanooga, so back at it. This week I'm tapering for Muncie 70.3 on Saturday. My goal is to finish strong and figure out what I need to work on for the IM.

welcome; have a good race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trigirl102 wrote:

Hi there! I'm also new, so yay for buddy system ;)

I did Muncie last year and it was a good experience, minus the MMA bout that was the swim. Good luck!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks. First the PGA tournament (I MET TIGER WOODS ::fake swoon::) and then one day of rest and off and running on vacation. I managed to...not get all of my workouts in during the tournament, thanks to working outside for 10 hours a day in the crazy heatwave we had in DC, but did get all of my workouts in while on vacation. That was kind of easy though, because runs were either wicked touristy or trips back through time in my old haunts, I had a great bike tour of the beaches in Maine, and I swam in my friend's private pond (two out and backs was exactly a mile, score!). So now it's back to reality, boo.

Goals for this week: Make it back into an established sense of normal after two weeks of not normal:

M- unplanned rest day due to my IT band hating me out of nowhere (I blame all the crummy beds I slept on)
Tu- planned rest day (travel home)
W- 2600yd swim, mid range run and core
Th- 2200yd swim, Zwift session and brick run
F- 2600yd swim, mid range run and core (also my first appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist...whee)
Sa- long ride with my crew! And a short run brick
Su- long run and stretching

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weather for Muncie is calling for 95+ temps and high humidity. Since we start early, the run will be most affected. It isn't going to be pretty--but that is the nature of the midwest in the summer. Trying to stay positive:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes, yeah it was also that bad last year. But, the saving graces on the run are amazing volunteers, ice cold sponges/towels/water, and the redneck yacht club to make you laugh when you most need it :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good! Sounds perfect:)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MM - I hope the 5k goes well and that you are able to complete it pain free!
TriGirl - welcome back!

Didn't update last week; I've just been keeping my head down and getting my workouts in. And it feels like I'm eating everything in sight.

My 70.3 is on the 29th, so last week was my longest post-knee-injury run (2 hours) and I just did my last big brick today. Some of the workouts are feeling great, some are feeling awful. One stepped trainer ride last week was particularly bad (mentally but the kickr was also all over the place) so I abandoned it and got out on my road bike for a jaunt with Dan. I couldn't stop smiling - I have really missed riding my road bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
F- 2600yd swim, mid range run and core (also my first appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist...whee)

Guess who got cleared to train to race today? :D :D :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent news! What's the goal race?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 9 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:

Thank you! The goal for now is just to show up at a damn race and pretend like I belong there. And that race is a sprint tri in two weeks, because I have zero chill.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Thank you! The goal for now is just to show up at a damn race and pretend like I belong there. And that race is a sprint tri in two weeks, because I have zero chill.

sweet!

Quote Reply