Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: run outside at least once; two speed workouts (one done), one long run, swim a couple times (1 done)
this is kinda my vacation week because my brother is here :-)

I ran outside, did speed workouts, did a long run, and swam twice. Had a great time with my brother. Totals 50.6 mi run (7x) and 4225 yd swim (2x).

I have one more week of camp. I am feeling stressed about the academic stuff I need to finish by Aug. 15, particularly since we have cousins here this week so there are more social things.

goals are to run outside at least once, do one speed workout, one long run, swim at least 3x. Get some time in on schoolwork...

hope everyone is well

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens,

It's been 8 weeks since my accident and I'm out of my sling, my bones are healing well, my road rash is gone, and my mobility is improving every day.

I got back on my trainer as soon as I could. Yesterday, I very carefully rode my bike outside so I figured I could returning to updates here :D

My runs are okay -- slower and harder than I'd like but that's to be expected. I ran 20 miles last week, almost all slow.

I won't be lifting or climbing or doing yoga for a while and I can't swim yet but everything else is getting back to normal and I'm feeling optimistic.

I have no idea when I'll race again or anything like that but things are looking up.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay for riding outside!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good to have you back posting SoCal! Hurray for being back on the road too.

Last week was a big week for me. I became a Canadian citizen AND I got a 50 minute PB at Calgary 70.3!

The plan for this week is to have no plan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week's goals- FINISH LINE HOLLLAAAAAAA. Sprint tri with my IronBae on Saturday! I'm nervous because I know I'm not where I used to be and am not sure how that frustration is going to hit me, but excited to see where I am now and what to work on for the rest of the year.

M- 2600 swim, 2.7mi recovery run
Tu- Zwift and short brick run (maxmium effort!)
W- 2450 swim and short run
Th- 25000 swim, Zwift and short brick run
F- shakeout, lol. Just going through the ol' motions to get ready and racked for a tri. Short bike and run with spin/pickups.
Sa- Race!

Su- We move the brewery ride to this day, and I really want to go, so I'll probably use it as a recovery day and take it easy. Also, beer.

Well well well.

I hit all of my workouts.
And
I got a massive sprint PR and placed 5th in my AG at the triathlon.

Short recap- nerves hit me hard on Thursday, like massive imposter syndrome nerves. All that went away when IronBae showed up on Friday in Annapolis to race with me. We drove the bike course and realized it was pretty technical (lots of turns, hills, and all narrow lane, plus two speed bumps on the looped section we had to do twice, which was just mean). Saturday we rode our bikes to T2 to drop our stuff, then to T1. Thankfully we didn't stand around for too long and the gun went off- self-seeded, time trial start. Swim was long by 100m (which, for a 500m course? WTF), but after that it was like all the rust had fallen off in the water. I had good crisp transitions, a fantastic bike split, and eventually blew up on the run after mile 2 (of 4). I'm just not conditioned to run that fast for that long anymore, especially after swimming and biking, which was frustrating but I accepted it for what it was. I was happy with where I placed in my AG and apparently managed a massive sprint PR (I had not done one in AGES, apparently, lol). I'm ready to declare myself "back".

This week's goals- just keep building.

M- 2500yd swim, 2.7mi run
Tu- Zwift session and mid-range run
W- 2700yd swim and tempo run
Th- 2900d swim, zwift session, and short run brick
F- long run, maybe an easy spin in the PM to flush out the legs
Sa- cycling club duties in the AM, and then we'll ride in the PM.
Su- rest day- Going to see Hamilton!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week - swam 2x- total of 6600m (getting back up there in distance) rode1x (longest ride since accident) . The ride was twice the length of any ride I have done since my crash and over 1800 ft of climbing, all other rides were relatively flat. It was part of the leading ladies series put in by Specialized, so nice all women’s ride. Didn’t run, but did a lot of walking on Saturday, about 6 miles in total for the day- taking pictures on the beach of open water swim clinic, walk to teammates house (limited parking, near the beach) .5 miles or so for team breakfast, walking around at USA Swimming Nationals checking out all the booths with my friends who had never been to a swim meet before. Seeing a world record set in the 100 back was definitely the highlight of the week,it was one of my favorite events as a swimmer and it was fun to share that moment with friends who had never been to a swim meet before.

This week’s goals- swim 2x (1 done), run/walk-2x, ride 2x (hopefully going to try the ride from last week again, sponsored by the same shop, if it isn’t as hot as it was on Sunday).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is fantastic news! Hooray!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 30 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the PR!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of good posts!

My week last week was good, until Saturday.

Swim: 6,137 yds (3:03)
Bike: 15.1 mi (1:30)
Trainer: 0
Walk: 1.3 mi (39)
Weights/Yoga: 3:34
Time: 8:43

A decent week of training, though I need to up the bike and figure out how to fit in a second workout on a couple of days. I had planned on a longer ride for Saturday but it was a charity ride and a lot of short, steep hills right off the bat and that really stirred up my knee and hip flexor so I did the shorter ride. A PT re-eval yesterday and the PT said take yesterday off. Done, but not sure that helped!

For this week:
M/W/F – swim
Tu - rest
Th – strength probably
Sat – easy bike ride and walk
Sun – Aquabike race

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply