Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 2 edition
Quote | Reply
... and what are you doing for the 4th of July? I think the Canadians have today off, right?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 2 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 9.6 mi run + 1 hr kayak
T - 4.5 mi run + 3000 yd lake swim
W - 15 mi run
T - 6 mi run + 1200 yd lake swim + 11 mi bike
F - 7.5 mi run + 3200 yd swim
S - 10 mi race (2nd FOV, 1:14:15 = 7:26/mi) + a bit of canoeing
S - 5 mi run + 5000 yd lake swim

totals 12400 yards + 58 miles running + 11 mi bike

Goals had been ride 1x, kayak 2x, swim 5x... so short on the swim but that's ok. Eating 7/7 :-)
goals this week = 4 swims, 2 rides, 1 run speed workout, 1 long run, and a swim speed workout of 10 x 100 fast or 10 x 200 best average

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of us have the day off today yeppers.

Last week: 1 run and a lot of packing.

This week: Ride 4x Commute+ (ie: adding time & distance to my commutes); WCP (weights/core/plyo) 2X; Run 3x; Swim 1x.

Our new company is starting to get a lot of attention so we now have to get off our butts and get the wheels in motion!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Canadians in Ireland went to work... :p

I went surfing on Canada Day. Kind of shitty 1.5-2" waves with an onshore breeze, but the upside is that I can't get away with bad body positioning when there's no power in the wave - so it was a solid technical day, if not quite as much fun as when it's ripping...

Day before was a BBQ and I made sucre-creme avec sirop d'erable and a tarte sucre d'erable. The only other "Canadian" dessert I could think of was Nanaimo bars...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 2 edition [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Canadians in Ireland went to work... :p
If it makes you feel better, I will be spending July 4 turning my thesis work into scholarly articles and meeting my Dutch professor for language lessons. :-) I actually can't think of any way I'd rather spend the day.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting back into the swing of things.

Last week
Mon - Workout with personal trainer. Man she is tough.
Tues - Day off. See reason above.
Wed - Repeat workout from Monday on my own + 20 minute run
Thurs - Swim 25 mins. 150 w/u, 50 hard kick 4x(25 easy, 25 medium, 25 hard + 50 hard kick) Cool down of 200y + 50 easy kick.
Fri - Off because of migraine :(
Sat - Workout with personal trainer.
Sun - 10 min elliptical, 10 mins rowing machine, 10 min run. Intervals on all.

This week
Monday - Workout with personal trainer + 20 min cardio depending on what she does to me. Sometimes she does hard circuit training so no additional cardio needed.
Tuesday - Run 20'
Wed - Repeat workout from Mon + 30 min cardio. Likely elliptical + row + treadmill combo unless the weather is nice then I'll run.
Thurs - Swim 1200y
Fri - Workout with personal trainer + 20 min cardio if necessary
Sat - Run 25' or cardio machines 30'
Sun - Off

Very slowly making a comeback from extended hiatus where my body was not treated well. Trying to drop the 20+ lbs I gained. With the extra weight running is hard on my body so trying not to do too much of it too soon. All cardio is hard intervals so I'm working up a serious sweat even though they are short workouts.

My eating is getting better now that I'm tapering off the meds that caused the weight gain. Goal is to keep calories around 1200. I can go a little higher on days where I meet with my trainer because those are tough, high calorie burning workouts. That sounds low but I am a desk worker who is 43 so my BMR is pretty darn low. Always has been so it is easy for me to overeat. I'll stick to short, intense cardio plus strength training for at least 10lbs then probably up my cardio times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 2 edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to see you back at it. xoxo.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 3: WIN, though one of them was in a 10m hotel pool and only 20mins.
- bike x 2: FAIL. 1 only, but decent length (2h40m)
- run x 4: WIN, including a longer trail run.
- core/strength x 2 (done): WIN

my in-laws finally flew back home sunday evening, so i now have my life back and can resume normal workouts and eating (oh, the irony of my mother in law telling me "you need to take time for yourself to relax" and then staying for 8 days). was off yesterday but didn't get much training done - we were out at a friend's birthday bbq until 02:30 on sunday night/monday morning so didn't get up until 11-ish, then tried to grocery shop after breakfast but everything was closed (last i checked the holiday is july 1st, not the 2nd), got myself all hot and cranky and then spent hours finally unpacking the garbage bags and laundry baskets we've been living out of for the past 3 weeks. not everything fit in the new bedroom setup, so we ended up taking 2 garbage bags full of cast-off clothing to the local thrift store. finally did manage to get out on my bike for 45mins and run for 35mins around 8pm, but really had to kick my ass to get out the door; too tired and unmotivated to do anything at all.

this week's goals:
- swim x 4
- bike x 4 (1 done)
- run x 6 (1 done)
- core/strength x 3 (1 done)

have an olympic distance tri on the 14th, so i'll try to put in some sharpening workouts - haven't been up to anything other than easy or at most a bit of tempo lately, so i'll chuck in a couple of hills and fartlek stuff since the bike & run courses have some elevation change to them.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
It was going pretty good until storms knocked out power, and with temps at 100+, it's been tough without electric--kind of like a bomb exploded in the middle of my training. Finally got power back late yesterday (after four days without). Managed to stay almost on target, despite the obstacles.

This week is the first week of an eight week build for me. No volume increase but some intensity increase. Shooting for 4 swims, 4 bikes and 5 runs.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply