Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
Canadians and Americans, what did you do / what are you doing to celebrate the national holidays this week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 2 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this week, I'm planning to do a 10 mi race on Saturday. I have no designs on actually moving fast, but it's one of the oldest races in the state and I'm trying to join the "10 Tour" Club (it's called the Tour du Lac). I've done either 5 or 6 Tours - I can't locate the race results for 2006. I'm kind of wary of showing up to a race in which I have in fact run some fast times, and going slow... but I think it's more important to me to show up. And I like the race; I know I'll enjoy the day. (Basically I'm not looking forward to the possibility of getting beat by women that I usually outrun by a lot. That's the honest, gut feeling here).

Had an okay week. Rough race, but I am glad I showed up. I got a side stitch at mile 5 that I could not make go away, and ended up walking a bunch, particularly after mile 7. I did meet the minimum goals of show up, finish, and have fun. I got my tush kicked by a local woman whom I usually outrun by a lot, but that's okay. She is in better shape than I am right now! The race was also a good reminder for me that I need to run outside more... I do almost all of my running on the treadmill. Then when I get to a very hilly 10 miler like Saturday, it doesn't go well. I am trying not to dwell on what is for me a very slow time, and instead focus on "okay, the things to do to get faster are A) run outside more B) do some long runs C) do some structured speedwork." I made a step toward that yesterday by running outside. I got back on the treadmill today because I'm wary of getting hurt if I switch to all outside.

M: 8.6 mi run + 1725 yd swim
T: 7.4 mi run + 1375 yd swim
W: 7 mi run + 1475 yd swim
T: 2.5 mi walk + 2000 yd swim
F: 4.8 mi run + 1050 yd swim
S: 10 mi race, 94:40
S: 4.9 mi very easy

totals 7650 yd swim, 42.7 mi run

goals this week: run outside at least once, do a run > 10 mi, do a run w/ mile repeats, swim 4x

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it can only get better from here... last week kicked my butt, session 1 ended on Tuesday, so didn’t swim on Monday due to needing to finish grades and writing final. Tried to get to swim on Wednesday, but it took over 20 minutes to go less than 2 miles on the freeway, wasn’t going to make it on time. Didn’t get to run either. Did ride on Saturday- had to do some sprinting to catch up to the group due to stops to make sure no one got lost. Sunday - went to Disney’s California Adventure-lots of walking; still working to get my stamina up.

Only pool swim for me is tonight, might get an open water swim in tonight, ride on Saturday, run Tuesday and/or Thursday. Possibly Disneyland on Wednesday or Sunday, my sister wants to go on Sunday.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suzanne - I do NOT miss that kind of traffic!!

For the week:

Mon. Swim 2,300 yds (1:01)
Tue. PT eval of knee and hip - pointing to psoas and weak/no left glutes leading to tight TFL/ITB pulling on knee ("We are going to build you a butt.")
Wed. Strength workout (50 min); 10 min trainer
Thurs. Trainer 31 min; PT session w/exercises
Fri. Swim 1,800 yds (47 min)
Sat. Strength - gym (1:25) including the rower at the end
Sun. Yoga (1:20)
Time: 6:04

For June:
Swim: 18,199 yds (my goal was 20K)
Bike: 36.7 mi (need to up this)
Trainer: 1:11
Walk: 4.5 mi
Weights/Yoga: 9:16
Time: 25:16 (highest volume of 2018).
Goal for July is 30 hrs.

Here is what I told my trainer last night after yesterday's masters' swim session (2000 SCY): It used to be where 1,400 or 1,500 yards was a big swim. As of today, I am over 50,000 yards for the year. That is more than any year in the past 10 years and we are only halfway through. 2007 was my last year of doing Ironman, and that year I had 255,700 yds. The year I raced in Kona I had nearly 339,000 meters for the year. So I’m pretty happy with my swimming! Now to get faster.

This week’s plan for the main sessions:
Mon: swim
Tues: PT session; strength session at home
Wed: holiday - hope to ride outside; no swim; gym closed
Thurs: gym/strength
Fri: swim
Sat: bike
Sun: yoga

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 2 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Suzanne - I do NOT miss that kind of traffic!!
2 fatality accidents on my way to work last week as well, one going my way and another going in the opposite direction (wrong way driver) and lots of lookie loos . Fortunately I knew about the first accident and took a different route, a colleague of mine who lives near me did not and arrived after 8 and class starts at 7:30. It was a really bad week traffic wise last week.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply