Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 20 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for the week: ride 4x (1 done) only twice. Would have ridden Saturday rather than swum if it hadn't been so rainy. Happy to swim in the rain..., take a day off from running done, swim at least twice 2 swims

had a good week; awesome to meet my brother (lives in SLC) in Boston on Friday. I hadn't seen him since February, and it's the first time in a year and a half my whole family has been together.

M: 6.5 mi run + 14.1 mi bike
T: 3 mi run + 45 min teaching spin class + 6 mi run
W: 10.3 mi run + 15 min. stairmaster
T: 6.5 mi run (5 x 800 @ 6:27 pace) + 1500 yd swim
F: 9.5 mi run
S: 4600 m swim (outdoor pool!)
S: 11 mi run w/ 20 min averaging 6:52 pace

totals 6,500 yd swim + 24 ish mi bike + 52.8 mi run

goals for this coming week: ride at least 4 times, one of them long (1 short ride done). Take at least one day off from running. Swim at least twice. Get a bunch of schoolwork done.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! Enjoy the visit.

Last week's plan:
- Ride 5x - DONE and 2 QOMs :-)
- Run 3x - DONE and even the doggy joined me, she's like a puppy! nah we took it really easy together
- Weights 3x - will go back to the 5x5 stronglifts but at lower weight and slower increases - FAIL did 1 session then was knackered after dryland...
- Dryland 1x - DONE and holy crap it beat me up - but it was worth it to outrun a bunch of 18 and 17yos. :-)

This week - I have 4 days onsite consulting, my last 4 days of my Master Black Belt, thank god. So close. But being at other sites means routines are thrown out the window. So....
- Run 3x
- Dryland 1x
- Ride 1x

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good. Spent the weekend with family. So weekend training was slightly down, just in that bike miles were a wee tad less.
This week is the final big training week before taper time and I am feeling good. We shall see.
My goal is to get through the week!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran x 4, biked x 4, swam x 2. I'm really enjoying getting out on the bike these days and no longer a nervous wreck about it; huge positive change from last year.

First 70.3 is on Sunday so I'm on a taper this week; feeling pretty tired so just going to take the week as it comes. Big goal for me is to swim the swim so we'll see how that goes - hoping to make the most of the practice session at the swim venue.

@tigerchik - I must have missed it, what are you training/tapering for?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
@tigerchik - I must have missed it, what are you training/tapering for?

my only plans are some 5ks, a sprint tri, and a 76 mi bike ride. I think you meant @determination

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 70.3 coming up with the plan to race it until I melt down / blow up / disintegrate / or hit the finish line, whatever comes first. I've done enough half IMs where just getting through it is too "safe", so I'm headed out to "live on the edge".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good week, first week off after working 3 weeks (1 session) of summer school.
This week should be interesting. Got a bike ride in yesterday and will run tonight, swim on thursday, along with a couple more runs.
Saturday is Opening Ceremonies for Special Olympics World Games, I'm volunteering at UCLA that morning, then going to Opening Ceremonies at the LA Coliseum that evening. Sunday- I am participating in the Triathlon for World Games as part of the Unified Sports Experience, Gee is volunteering for the race.
I have 4 more volunteer shifts at UCLA the following week...busy & trying to take public transit rather than put 80 miles a day on my car.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, totally meant determination and not tigerchik. D'oh.

Your approach to the race sounds very liberating. Hope it goes well and I definitely want to hear the details once you're done. In the mean time, enjoy the training and the taper!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interested to hear about the public transport, please share details (good and bad)

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done enough half IMs where just getting through it is too "safe", so I'm headed out to "live on the edge".
Quote:
I think you're going to be awesome.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I planned to use public transport to S.O., till I discovered it takes 2 hours and 2 transfers each way, plus I'd have to drive to the station. I could probably get there faster on bike!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gee wrote:
I planned to use public transport to S.O., till I discovered it takes 2 hours and 2 transfers each way, plus I'd have to drive to the station. I could probably get there faster on bike!
It's suppose to be 1.5 hours & 2 transfers for me, plus drive to station, will try on day 1 and see how it works (meeting w/ family for opening ceremonies and they are driving).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soooo - how was the race??
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 20 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I survived! Already thinking about signing up again for next year :-) Have to write a race recap for the fam so once I do I will cut & paste it onto here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hooray!!!
Quote Reply