Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 16 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 16 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for the week
swim 4x (1 done)
do at least 90 min of schoolwork M, T, W (am at an academic conference Th, F, S)

run outside twice
do mile repeats :P

I met none of my goals. I did an hour of work M and T and Sun. The conference was ok. I swam 3x.
The campers had a blast and I really missed them when I was at the conference.

M: 3.1 mi run + 1075 yd swim
T: 9.7 mi run
W: 8.5 mi run
T: 9.3 mi run + 1225 yd swim
F: 4.1 mi run + 4700 yd swim
S: 5.3 mi run + 7 mi hike
S: 2.3 mi run

totals 42.3 mi run, 7000 yd swim

goals for this week: 1+ hr of schoolwork every day M-F (Wed. possibly excluded as is sibling's bday). Picking up my brother at the airport Sat. AM !!!!! run outside at least once; one long run; one speed workout. Swim a couple times (1 done).

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: Make it back into an established sense of normal after two weeks of not normal:

M- unplanned rest day due to my IT band hating me out of nowhere (I blame all the crummy beds I slept on)
Tu- planned rest day (travel home)
W- 2600yd swim, mid range run and core
Th- 2200yd swim, Zwift session and brick run
F- 2600yd swim, mid range run and core (also my first appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist...whee)
Sa- long ride with my crew! And a short run brick

Su- long run and stretching

Well, I made almost all of this. Which, yay. IT band is feeling much better- that's the last time I forget any kind of rolling device when I travel. Ugh.

Also, fantastic news from the Reproductive Endocrinologist. I'm cleared to train and not just tralala through some workouts, so obviously I'm doing a sprint tri in two weeks, HA. Also, I did a fuuuuckton of bloodwork on Friday and the preliminary results show that the HRT IS TOTALLY WORKING OH HECK YES. Estrogen, FSH, LH are all not only in normal parameters, but are in the parameters for where I should be in a typical cycle. Score! So now I wait for the scarier stuff- the diagnostic tests for autoimmune issues and Fragile X and a host of other crap that could have caused this to begin with. My family is full of crummy genes so I'm expecting some sort of news.

Goals for this week- Since I've been cleared to start pushing my limits, I'm going to start pushing my limits. Speedwork in the pool, on my runs, and I'm going to chase some of my faster friends on the bike on Saturday during our group ride.

M- 2400 swim, 5.5mi run w/pickups
Tu- Zwift and short brick run
W- 2500 swim with strength sets, 20min tempo run @10k pace
Th- Zwift and short brick run- also a crazy day of volunteering and hosting a TdF happy hour for my cycling club, whee!
F- 2400 swim with speed sets, long run
Sa- half century+ ride, short brick run and BEER!
Su- rest day!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 16 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the happy hour during the live broadcast?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gradually getting back to it. Swam 2x last week, & biked 1x. Survived the last week 0f Summer School, and the students who were really worried about their grades ended up earning the grades they wanted.
Goals for this week; swim 2x, run 1x bike 1x. 1 swim done, going to Disneyland tomorrow for their 63 anniversary.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 16 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Is the happy hour during the live broadcast?

Sadly no, that would take a bit of scheduling gymnastics for too many of us. But the bar we'll be at is doing a special replay at 6pm EDT for us, and putting on some happy hour specials as well.

If you're ever in the DC area, check this place out. It's every cyclist's dream recovery zone: http://www.roubaixdc.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A pretty good week.

For the week:
S: 4,268 yds (1:55)
B: 28.7 mi (2:10)
Trainer: 30 min
Walk: 0
Weights/Yoga: 3:28
Total: 8:03 <— This is the second highest volume of the year after the week at Xantusia, so I’m pretty happy about that.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Also, I did a fuuuuckton of bloodwork on Friday and the preliminary results show that the HRT IS TOTALLY WORKING OH HECK YES.

hey, that's good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oooh awesome looking place (and I happened to check out the website when I was hungry and all that food sounded so good)!

I'm kind of jealous you have such a great group of cycling-minded friends you can do this with.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 16 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Oooh awesome looking place (and I happened to check out the website when I was hungry and all that food sounded so good)!

I'm kind of jealous you have such a great group of cycling-minded friends you can do this with.

If you were within reach you could absolutely join us for any ride or shinding like this, any time!

The bar is amazing, and we're their adopted local cycling club so it's a win-win for me every time I'm in there (ah, the perks of being on the executive board...). They even have an opensprints setup which has gotten out of hand to the point where a local bike messenger broke one of the rigs due to the urgent need for bragging rights, lol.

Quote Reply