Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 13
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jul 13, 20 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 13 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: 7/7 healthy coping

5/7 again :P

I ran all 7 days with a long run of 11 miles, total of 47.1 miles
swam 6 days for a total of 15,700 yds

The first week of summer camp was great. It's so fun teaching swimming - lots of hilarious things from the kids like "do you get paid more if someone nearly drowns" and "corona cannonball" jumps.

goals this week 7/7 healthy coping
lots of swimming

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I was just not motivated to do anything - work, read, train, etc.
Thursday, gym.
Friday, Zwift ride.
Saturday, gym.
Sunday, yoga.

And, I found out Thursday that my trainer/friend Evan's father died. He had been diagnosed with possible Lou Gerhig's disease last year and over the winter/spring, had worsening dementia. Thankfully Evan was able to spend some time with him in the past couple of months. So very sad as his dad was only 59 years old.

You wonder why life has to suck like this sometimes (when a faction of very undesirables get off scot-free for living life as an asshole).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The highlight was my helmet arrived and I got to ride my bike :-)

Hope your week is going well.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 13 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooof. Thursday. It's kinda like Monday?

Anyway, Ironclm, I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend's Dad. Sounds like such a difficult situation. Is Evan able to hold a funeral, or some other event to process the grief? Deaths are so hard right now.

TC-5/7 ain't bad!

Scheherezade, yay new helmet! Have fun.

I'm fine. I have a huge big work thing going on this week, but I still managed an almost 65-mi ride on Monday and a long run yesterday. Just trying to keep up with myself this week and next. I would say that things should settle down after that, but eventually I have to stop ignoring the coming semester, and we have problems to solve above and beyond the normal workload. Things we have to figure out: which classrooms currently turn around all of the air 4x per hour, and which do not, and how we're going to fix the ones that don't; how to sanitize the floors of the music department after students do things like play the trombone or the clarinet, which traditionally just let all kinds of spit fall on the floor; how to hold beginning-of-term festivities on Zoom...

And my pessimistic but is adding to the list: how much time until all of this is moot and we just go back online; how I'm ever going to get my tenure case together when I still can't go to a friggin library; how many people are going to die or be seriously ill because we're trying to accomplish this impossible task...

Ahh, think Im having a bad week too. My long ride was amazing thought.

That's what I got this week.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So happy to be swimming; 45 minute Masters Swim workouts at our lovely Alga Norte pool here in Carlsbad, CA.
Because it's an outdoor facility, it's not going to close again due to the latest round of re-closings (some YMCA's and indoor pools just reopened last week... )

Ah, clm, very sorry to hear about your friend's father.
I do wonder why it is we "lose the good ones" way too soon and the chuckleheads just keep surviving.
My hope is that kharma will win the day, but we'll need to be patient for this to come around.

Take care, everybody...
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry for your loss. =(

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply