Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 25 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 25 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for this week:
swim 5x (one done) done
most likely racing this weekend (I have a hard time committing to races :P ), sooo, get legs ready to race ran a 5k and won, which was cool, wasn't super happy with the time (22:04) but a win is always nice. The course had some grass, some concrete, some dirt trail. It did NOT have mile markers, which annoyed me - I find it easier to push when I know how fast I am going! But it was fun and I'm glad I went. I did NOT do a good job of getting my legs rested.
bike 2x I rode once

M: 9.3 mi run + 2800 yd swim
T: 9.5 mi run + 1300 yd swim
W: 6 mi run + 3800 yd swim
T: 13.1 mi run + 600 yd swim
F: off
S: 5k race (short warmup, walked a cooldown) + 1100 yds at the intramural swim meet, raced 50s of each stroke, the 400 free (yes, they do a 400 yard not a 500...), a 50 breast and a 50 free in relays, and a 200 free in a relay
S: 11 mi run + 6 mi bike doing errands

goals for this week:
at least 1 day off from running
swim at least 5x (one short one done), have a meet on Saturday!!!
bike at least 2x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the win, TC!

Last week's goals:

swim x 3: win with 4
bike x 1: win
run x 5: win with 6
core/strength x 4: win

Did a tough 18k trail run on Saturday on lumpy snow that beat me up a bit, but I managed 8k of hills the next day, so I might actually be somewhere close to ready for the 25k trail race I'm doing on Feb 13th.

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 1
run x 5
core/strength x 4

I should really do some foam rolling, too.

Quote | Reply
Nice job tc!

Good on ya k, keep plugging away. Always found running on lumpy/packed snow so much more work!

Last week: oh boy my awesome luck continues.... Tues am skate was AWESOME but I must have had a sock roll on my inside heel, so I had a huge blister which meant I couldn't skate on Wed. Bah. Then at the meet, I got absolutely SMOKED into the boards in my 1st race (1000m) thanks to another racer who decided she's wide track me (legal unfortunately). I got my thumb caught under me, then at the boards, then bent backwards. :-( I thought it was broken. The chief ref, a buddy of mine, is a GP so he checked it right there on the bench after the race (which I did finish) - prognosis: close but not quite. Got ice on it, then got it taped up and finished my last two 500m races, not even close to any sort of PBs but I actually did win my last two races after all LOL. I am so demoralized but have decided I need a few days of NOTHING to get better, even my elbow is still tender (although improving). My hand is a mess of bruising but at least today I can write/type. Driving stick sucked yesterday. :-(

- take care of elbow - FAIL still a bit lumpy but improving
- skate 5x including a meet on Sat morning - 2nd to last of the season so hoping it's a good one. - FAIL
- run 2x - FAIL
- ride....??? - FAIL
- drills/core 2x - Once so FAIL.

This week: Get the hell better dammit - last meet of the year is on the 13th and we have a ski trip to Whistler coming up...
- run x2 if at all
- skate x1 if at all (already skipped today's skate, will coach tomorrow and maybe skate easy, taking Sat off to go out of town)
- go look at a property about 3hrs from here on Sunday - it's a log-style house on 5 acres.... I'm sure the dog will love it, but will we... :-)
- rest, sleep, stretch, drills, core...

Ugh.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 25 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sheesh, stop getting hurt!!!! Hope you heal quickly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah my boss said "you know you aren't 25 anymore..."

BAH

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply