Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Valentine's Day to the womens.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb 14 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
- Meeting with my dietician today; I can show her my really pretty sticker decorated calendar. (not a goal, just a note really)
- 6 runs, 3 swims, 2 rides
- Hip exercises twice; shoulder exercises twice.

Meeting with dietician went well.
Ran 8 times; 40 miles.
Swam 4 times - 6800 yds (so a bunch of short swims)
Did not ride. Had a flat and it took me all week to get to the shop for a new tube.
Hips and shoulders: check.
Eating: 6/7 :D

Goals for the coming week: 6 runs, 3 swims, 2 rides. (Though I rode this AM and my back hurt after, so that second ride may be cancelled if it's irritating my SI joint). And I am trying really hard for another good week of eating :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did my second 18 miler. Felt less beat up after than the last time, so I guess that's progress. Six weeks to go to my first marathon.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Week of 2/7 - 2/13:
MO: 60 min XT, 4000m swim - XT 75, swim 3000
TU: 90 min spin, 2000m swim - spin 75 + run 5m
WE: 60 min spin, 60 min run (IF hip flexor agrees) - trainer 60
TH: off / 3000m swim - run 7m, XT 60
FR: 90 min spin, 3000m swim - spin 60, XT 60
SA: 60 min spin, 60 min run (IF hip flexor agrees) - spin 145
SU: 120 min spin, core - spin 60 + run 8m

Big FAIL on the swim 3 times thing... ugh!! I haven't gotten this weeks schedule yet, so I guess I'll update later with that. But I definitely chose to SLEEP IN this morning and I think today will be a day off. :) The SA/SU workouts were HARD!

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs, starting small - WIN. 4 runs.
- 3 bike - FAIL. 2 only, and neither was very long.
- 5 core/strength w/2 full workouts - semi-FAIL. no full workouts; 4 x morning "wake-up" + 2 foam roller only.
- 2 swim - WIN.
- xc-ski this weekend - super WIN! got out for about 2.5hrs on saturday (95mins ski-time, plus stops for photos, water) and 3hrs on sunday (90mins ski-time).

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout
- 2 swim
- xc ski, snowshoe and skate while winter camping this weekend (assuming the snow doesn't all disappear when the temperature goes up to 7c on friday. if it does, we'll nix the camping and just go skate at one of the outdoor rinks that has a refrigeration system)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week: THE BIG WEEK (25 days til IMNZ)
Run 4x (M/F at lunch; T/R in the morning; if time, short run off the bike) => DONE, actually ended up with 5 runs
Swim 3x (T/R at lunch; St or Sun morning) => DONE.
Ride 4x (2x to and from work with some extra circuitous routes in there; 1xMTB ride; 2x 3-4hrs on trainer or outside) => DONE (2 shorties and 1 LSD outside where I froze and 1 tempo trainer ride 2+hrs which left me shelled)
Try not to sabotage myself with food. Try to get enough sleep. => Small d-done, got enough sleep and ate well most of the week but did have one day of nutrition fail.

This week: The 85% week (18 days til IMNZ)
Run 4x (M/W in the morning; T/F at lunch - focus on intensity)
Swim 2x (R at lunch, sun am?)
Ride 2x (trainer only)
It will be hard to get any riding in, my sked this week (work, K) is already overloaded...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll play..

Got 3 runs, 3 bikes, 3 swims and 1 pilates. Lost one pound. Lots of work for one wimpy pound!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb 14 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job on getting everything in!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my second bike workout in this AM. Have not swum yet this week (considering going at lunch today).

Definitely something going on with the trainer and my back/hips.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well aside from the workouts on my schedule this week, my primary goals were to a) rock my interview on Tuesday, and b) kill my medical spanish exam today. I feel really good about how the interview went, and all I can do now is wait until next week when we hear back. Considering I was not born with a single patient bone in my body, this has been a very long week. (And it's only THURSDAY?! Ugggh.)

As for the spanish test, I feel pretty prepared. But for the LIFE of me I can not keep straight sarampión and pamperas (measles and mumps) and their symptoms!! Other than that, I can perform a full diagnostic exam and patient history in spanish! Thankfully in English we stuck with mostly the latin words for bones and muscles, so there aren't a many differences I need to learn.

Oh wait, this is for workouts? Here's what I got so far:

MO: run 30 min (indoor. ick), swim 3000m, pool run 30 min
TU: ride 80, run 40
WE: ride 60, XT 60
TH: XT 90, run 30 (was supposed to swim this morning, but I can study for my spanish test while I'm cross training...)

FR: SWIM good Lord... just get in the pool!! Doing a VO2 max test in lab, and then the run +/- (does anyone else use that for warm-up/cool-down?)
SA: long ride
SU: run, swim

_____

Nadie dijo que la vida sería fácil, sólo dijeron que valdría la pena.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb 14 Edition [Dr.TriRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love running before I swim, makes it easier to get in the cold water.

In Reply To:
FR: SWIM good Lord... just get in the pool!! Doing a VO2 max test in lab, and then the run +/- (does anyone else use that for warm-up/cool-down?)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this week's not shaping up so well. I did get my last long run in yesterday (15k with a ridiculous amount of climbs on trails - it's not the distance but the duration and efforts required to complete that run that make it "long"), I may have another flat&easy 15-20k left in me, but I wouldn't consider that "long" anymore ;-)

I had to blow off a swim already this week for... a job interview. I desperately need to leave the co I'm at now. My staff, all 20 of them, are amazing and I love working with them every single day. My boss, the COO and his boss the CEO - well both are passive aggressive bullies, stubborn, will not change one iota and will never leave the company kind of people. I am so tired of being verbally abused by the COO, and often in front of my peers or my staff. I am in the wrong role at the company as well; I was brought in as a "change agent" and have done just that, but I cannot develop my career any further in such a short-term-thinking environment (we are a project based company). The job interview was for a role that is much more suited to my skills and offers a lot more opportunities in the future, even if it is a step back in responsibility and pay - for now. I have a week and a bit left at work before we leave for NZ, and it's looking good for an offer for this new role. I'm very excited but nervous and really worry about my staff. I don't know what will happen to them. I guess I might have a chance to poach some of them ;-)

Sigh...

Editing my goals: This week: The 85% week (18 days til IMNZ)
Run 4x (M/W in the morning; T/F at lunch - focus on intensity) => so far 1 ez and 1 long+hard, on track.
Swim 2x (R at lunch, sun am?) => will swim today, but not Sun
Ride 2x (trainer only) => will only get 1 trainer ride in.
It will be hard to get any riding in, my sked this week (work, K) is already overloaded...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Feb 17, 11 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understandz issues w/ people @ work ;-)

Fingers crossed that you get the job you interviewed for.

Quote Reply