Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 16/17 edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good week and a happy Valentine's day!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 16/17 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am headed to see my brother this weekend and will race Saturday morning (indoor track half marathon in Salt Lake City) and then my brother, mom (who is also flying in) and I will go to Bryce Canyon Sat-Monday. I fly to Pittsburgh on Tues. and am there Wed-Saturday, flying back early Sunday. Point is, I have a fun weekend to look forward to.

I'm in the airport waiting to go from SLC to MSP to Pittsburg... had a great weekend. AP!!! I saw speedskating! the Utah Olympic Oval track, the location of my 1/2, was around a speedskating track, and some of them were out practicing while we ran. Kept me entertained. Very cool. The half was fun - it was hard to tell how many laps we'd done because they showed lap counts on the scoreboard, but as it cycled through the names and you couldn't always see the scoreboard, you had to be in the right place at the right time (which I generally wasn't). I thought I was done, stopped, and was told about 5 min later I had a lap and a half to go. So I did them... I can't find results online but figure a 1:45. I was happy with that; I ran a 1:52 in Denver last year (which is a bit higher altitude I think) so it was an "altitude PR". Most importantly I had FUN. There were a couple military guys running with an American flag, and they let me carry it for a lap - felt like a super star.

Hiking in Bryce Canyon was awesome, so pretty, and I got to spend time with my mom and brother. :-)

The week leading up to it unfortunately was stressful and tiring. Food eeeehhhh I binged Wed night...

week...
M: 10 mi run + 35 min stairmaster + 6 mi bike
T: 7.6 mi run + 4000 yd swim
W: 8.5 mi run
T: 10.1 mi run + 1200 yd swim
F: 8 mi run + 3 mi bike
S: 13.1 mi race + 1 mi hike
S: 5.5 mi hike

Totals 5200 yd swim + 9 mi bike + 57.3 mi run + several hours of hiking!

Goals for this week
1. Do well with food.
2. Run 50 miles or under.
have not scoped out the swim possibilities for the conference yet. Hotel has a small pool; I can swim in that but did forget my tethers.

Valentines... the kid I tutor gave me a little applesauce cup with a homemade cover saying "you're awesome sauce!" which made my day. Also got a box of chocolates from my mom, and had a lot of fun making valentines for the kid I tutor and my family. :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: win
Bike x 3: win
Run x 6: win
Core/strength x 4: win

I got nothing..

Quote | Reply
Last week was a good one:
Runs 6 (of 6) Running mileage was about 24.5 miles for the week. When I first started running properly nearly two years ago and signed up for a HM, 25 miles was my BIG training week (and I certainly wasn't swimming and cycling as well); I had a little proud moment :-)
Swims 4 (of 4) Swim coach made a point of saying how impressed she was with the improvements I've made. Yay.
Bikes 3 (of 4)
Weights - 3 times, usually after my short runs
Didn't make it outdoors except to shovel and the 5am drive to my swim lesson was terrifying because of the road conditions. It was a long weekend here and we had a lie-in on both Sunday and Monday, which was awesome.

This week, run x 6 (1 down already), swim x 3, bike x 4.

We have decided to join a group riding the Golden Triangle for the May long weekend so that should be fun. Or a bear will get me. One or the other.

@Tigerchik - sounds like you had a great weekend. Did somebody manage to get a snap of you running with the flag?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 16/17 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Golden Triangle is a great ride. Which direction are you doing it?

That said - May long is crazy busy with traffic (trailers/RVs), so stay safe. I almost got clipped by a mirror the year I did it. I know why they plan to do it that weekend, but it would be more fun at a less busy time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! :-)

Last week:
- 4 runs -DONE
- 1 ride - DONE
- 4 skates - DONE
- 1 swim - DONE yes I actually went swimming. What the heck. :-)
- V-day: that is also our anniversary but P was sick :-( poor guy. So we had our nice dinner & bubbly the following night.

This week:
- 5 runs - 2 done already
- 1 ride
- 4 skates
- 1 swim
- Find a target race/event for summer running to give me a goal.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 16/17 edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure yet; last year the group did Castle Mountain/Golden/Radium/Castle Mountain. Thanks for the warning about the traffic - maybe we should plan an ST ride some other weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the direction I did it. Day 2 sucked - we had this horrible headwind all day. It was worse because there was another group going the opposite direction - they'd go by smiling & waving & barely pedalling. I wanted to hurt them all... :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no photos at all :-( brother who drove me there slept through the whole thing!

I will have to look up the Golden Triangle

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week
swim X 4
bike X 5
run X3
weights/core X1
Had to work Sunday {RN) so missed long run with my team, made it up on Monday alone (tough), 16 mi on road in a.m, +8 trail in afternoon. Now taper for Napa Valley Marathon on Mar 1st!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the go ahead to start losing my air cast! I have the rest of this week to train myself out of it and into a surgical/cast shoe. I'm wearing it at home, and the boot to go out anywhere that might be unstable, and then I'll wear the boot to commute and hopefully be able to make it through the day at work in just the cast shoe. Which I'm realizing means I'll need to cart two different sneakers around, because the difference in height is so vast that I wear a Hoka with the air cast and one of my Brooks with the cast shoe... sigh.

But I'm told I can now safely walk on the pool deck, so hoping to hit the pool tomorrow after PT for a gentle pull. I also can try to clip in now, since my shoes are so stiff, and see how that goes on the trainer. I'll probably just leave my shoe attached to my bike.

My leg feels very weak. I didn't think it was that bad, but it is, in fact, that bad. It isn't a complete loss, so hopefully it will come back quickly with increased activity.

STILL having issues with CRPS, though. That's not very encouraging, but hopefully it will resolve itself. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 16/17 edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am happy for you!!! Have a good swim :-)

Quote Reply