Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 13 edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Valentine's Day in advance to the womens <3

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great week. Quality running and I stumbled upon a swim meet yesterday and I did well. My goal was 10k swim - done - and eat less candy - not done.

M - 5.5 mi run + 1600 yd swim
T - 6.7 mi run + 2300 yd swim
W - 11.5 mi run + 4300 yd swim
Th - 7 mi run + 1500 yd swim
F - 8.7 mi run
S - 9+ mile run
S - 3000 yd swim (w/ 1650 race 21:10 = 1:17/100) + 7 mi run (50:59) + lifted

Totals: 55+ miles running, 12.7k swimming

goal this week = no more than 1 serving of candy a day and that candy needs to be dark chocolate. Sugar is my downfall. Workout goal = 10k swim everything else will take care of itself

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good week for you!!
Well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met workout goals for the week except for Wednesday due to a long day at work that was not expected.
Plan for this Wednesday - make sure I work out BEFORE work not plan on afterwards. This will be a major struggle for me. I have a 30 min commute on Wed. until the end of April and they will be busy tough days.

Saturday's long run was a HUGE accomplishment - given that we had single digit wind chills when I started and it really didn't warm up much over the day, and footing was bad - 3" of snow and the wind was making drifts. Found that the decision to do some of the later miles on the treadmill (ran to and from the gym) was a good idea.
Glad I hadn't planned anything else much for Saturday... a hot shower and long nap was the thing after my run.
so this past week:
mon- ran & swam
tues - bike & run
wed - nada, exhausted, gone 12 hrs for work ugh.
thurs - run
sat - long run (18)
sun - short swim and bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week was horrible. I swam monday, but felt bad, so only swam 2300. THen ran a VERY slow 8 on Tuesday and got horribly sick by Wednesday. In bed Thursday Friday and saturday. Managed a 5 mile run yesterday followed by an hour ride on my trainer at the slowest pace I've ever done.

But the good news is I'm slowly getting better. And feeling like I can re-dedicate myself to training. I'm taking last week as a sign that I was just worn out, and needed a rest week (didn't need that much rest - but ok).

Anyway - we'll see what this week brings.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're feeling better. A couple of my friends had that flu too.

I had a day w/o candy yesterday :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nad, feel better soon, and take it easy. If it was the true flu, you'll be draggy for a while.

Low run week for me last week, ending with a short race. Got a 2 minute PR and third in AG! And my swimming is going, well, just swimmingly! Bike, not so much. Just can't seem to get back in the saddle. This week is my last high mileage week before my marathon next month, so I'll be able to start adding in more bike soon.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a training standpoint, an absolute train wreck :-(

From a work standpoint, very promising with a pending promotion. I work for a healthy way of life company, but finding my balance versus what they want to pay me for is difficult. Apparently, they want to pay me to train OTHER people at the expense of MY training time and I'm a little ashamed to say that I'm doing what they ask.

I'd like to be training for IronMans, but I only have training time for Sprints and it makes me sad.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a 2 minute PR and third in AG!

AWESOME!!! Way to race.

What marathon are you running?
Last edited by: nad: Feb 14, 12 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

From a work standpoint, very promising with a pending promotion. I work for a healthy way of life company, but finding my balance versus what they want to pay me for is difficult. Apparently, they want to pay me to train OTHER people at the expense of MY training time and I'm a little ashamed to say that I'm doing what they ask.

I'd like to be training for IronMans, but I only have training time for Sprints and it makes me sad.

Sprints will make you faster, but I understand if you like the long stuff ( I do too.).
What's the long term plan? Do you see a time when you will have more time to do your stuff? Maybe getting fast now, and adding length later will be a blessing in disguise?
Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nad wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Sprints will make you faster, but I understand if you like the long stuff ( I do too.).
What's the long term plan? Do you see a time when you will have more time to do your stuff? Maybe getting fast now, and adding length later will be a blessing in disguise?
Good luck.

Gosh, I hope work will even out; basically being too busy during the New Year's Resolution season allows you to not starve 6 months later when people are on vacation. My work is taking too much of my time, pure and simple. No, I don't care for not having enough time to train me, but I appreciate the sentiment about short distance. The unfortunate reality is that because I'm so tired, I'm not improving my short course speed either. It's just where my life is right now. I look forward to the Womens Camp, as it will be my first break since January!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap, I'm sick and it's peak training week for my marathon. Every public place I've been has been a cesspool of URIs, so it was only a matter of time, but still.... I'm sitting here forcing myself to abstain from running because that would be a very stupid thing to do right now.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Crap, I'm sick and it's peak training week for my marathon. Every public place I've been has been a cesspool of URIs, so it was only a matter of time, but still.... I'm sitting here forcing myself to abstain from running because that would be a very stupid thing to do right now.

Don't want to sound like an imbecile, but what are URIs, so I can avoid them too?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
upper respiratory tract infections--I've been surrounded by people coughing, hacking, sneezing,wheezing etc and warded off the bad germs until now. :-(

Quote Reply