Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? Do you have Valentine's Day plans?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week: swim M, T, F at least (M done) only swam M, T as was finishing slides for a talk on Friday morning ; run 6x done!; bike is a bonus nope
This week I fly out tomorrow to visit my brother in Salt Lake for one day/two nights, then to another interview for Thurs. evening / all of Friday. Another busy week :P
so, so good to see my brother!!!

M: 4.2 mi run + 2200 yd swim (Oregon)
T: 8.5 mi run + 550 yd swim (Oregon) + 3 mi walk (Salt Lake)
W: off (Salt Lake)
T: 4.5 mi run (Salt Lake)
F: 7.5 mi run (Oklahoma)
S: 10.2 mi run (Oklahoma)
S: 4 mi run (Oregon)

totals 38.9 mi run + 2750 yd swim

No job news yet but am hoping for some this week :-)
goals this week 6 runs, 6 swims, 2 bikes

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started tigerchik. Glad you had a nice visit, I'm wishing you good job news and safe travels. You, jet setter, you :)

Pretty boring week for me -- did exactly what I said I was going to do which was daily p/rehab, 3 strength sessions, 3 swims (6KY, crazy rain meant all pool for 6KY), 3 bikes (~100M, 2 trainer, 1 short outdoor) and 2 runs (~17M, 1 set of hill repeats, 1 long), and 1 glorious yoga class.

I'm back on my tri bike for my outdoor rides and that's good and the new fit seems to be working. I'll probably add a third run in the next few weeks, running twice doesn't feel like enough but anymore than three and I tend to have issues.

It's the same schedule for me this week: daily p/rehab, 3 strength sessions, 3 swims, 3 bikes, and 2 runs, 1 yoga class. Hoping to swim in the ocean this weekend but if the rain keeps me out again that's okay too -- all this green is pretty lovely.

I hope everyone has a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I've sort of had it with planes :P

nice job with all of your workouts!

Last edited by: tigerchik: Feb 13, 17 10:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC - how many of the 50 states have you run in?

I am finally feeling better. I pretty much lost a whole week of training but started feeling well enough for some light physio exercises (glute bridges, planks etc) around Thursday and managed one trainer ride on Sunday. Unfortunately I took the view that "wine is basically vitamins" so I'm rather fluffy around the mid-section after having lots of vitamins last week and from winging every meal instead of the usual planned suppers with leftovers for lunch.

Exciting things from last week:
New toilet! (The old one had become crazily unreliable - the rest of the bathroom will be reno'd later but we really needed the toilet upgrade now.)
New car! (Got rid of the unreliable lemon finally.)
New Pyrex! (In various sizes.)

This week: 5 rides, including 1 FTP test for a total of 8h30m. Strength: two sessions at the gym and three BW sessions at home.

No real Valentine's plans - we're not into it and it's Dan's birthday next week so that's our usual February celebration.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
TC - how many of the 50 states have you run in?

Hmmm, 11 I think

Maine, New Hampshire, Mass.
Utah, Colorado, Arizona
California, Oregon, Washington
Ohio, Nebraska

I've also swum in NV.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great week! Well... I didn't swim... boo. Gah, I need to get my act in gear.

Short Run x6
TrainerRoad Bike x2

That's it. And I've been eating so crappy. The weather was so beautiful over the weekend that I skipped out on my long run and my hubby and I went on a motorcycle ride. It was perfect.

But, have a lot of goodness ahead of me.

This upcoming week...
Run x7
Bike x2, bonus bike x1 possible
Swim x2, bonus swim x1 possible

Rock on, ladies....

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no climbing, just kinda hanging out with a bunch of friends and the dogs :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to answer my own Valentine Day question!! hee hee. I am having heart-shaped pizza for dinner!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, had my best training week in a while: 7 runs, 3 bikes, 2 swims. And PT. Unseasonably warm weather meant I got to ride outside, instead of the trainer, which was nice. As of yesterday I was 62 runs/61 days--the best I've ever done on the challenge. In spite of the steady run progress, I don't know if I can get up to the training volume I need for my late Spring 70.3. I'll make the call in 7-8 weeks.

TC, we're all rooting for you on the job search!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Valentine's Day womens! No big plans tonight - we're feeling a bit on the broke side after paying our 20% of my max dental benefits for the year (had 3 more fillings done last Thurs) plus more work to come for Tank, but we do have a couple of nice steaks & some asparagus to throw on the grill tonight so I get a night off from cooking! Probably just a walk together this evening; nothing fancy, but done with love.

My motorcycle is jealous of yours, SLOgoing! We had some mild weather on Saturday that would have made for decent riding but it was far too icy on the roads, then we got a big dump of snow on Sunday.

Last week's goals:
run x 5: win with 6
swim x 1: FAIL - between dental work & dangerous driving conditions it just wasn't happening.
bike x 1: win
core/strength x 4: win
..and I actually FOAM ROLLED!

Saturday was a fatass "race" at Huron Natural Area, put on by a friend as a fundraiser for the Mood Disorders Society of Canada. Clay started at 5am and ran until 5pm - I came in as the "afternoon shift" as a bunch of people were leaving, running from 1pm-5pm. Conditions were icy in spots with snow on top that got mushier as the day went by; it warmed up to about 4c/39f and the sun came out here and there, but the traction devices stayed on the whole time. I got 32.5k in (5 x 6.5km loop), which was more than I expected, but at the cost of tweaking my damaged ankle again and my left hip tightening up on me.

I did manage another hour-long run through the snow that fell on Sunday - ankle didn't feel great, but was in better shape afterward than it had been the day before despite postholing through some heavy, slushy snow where the trail runs beside a roadway and more snow on the trail itself.

At least none of it was quite as terrifying as last Wednesday evening. I set off as early as I could from the office to run down to my Mum's, having forgotten my headlamp AND my traction devices (though most of my route was on sidewalk). Got to the Cooksville Creek Trail and as I stepped onto the sharp downhill my feet nearly went out from under me - it was glare ice almost all the way down! I couldn't stop - just tried to control the sliding and keep from falling. No idea how I made it through, but I remained upright!

It went on like that for a few hundred metres until I got to the section that has some lights and gets winter maintenance, but even that was pretty dicey.

I was in the same area the next afternoon & couldn't resist going to have a peek in daylight. Figured it would all look quite tame in the sunshine and I'd feel silly for being so out-of-control and scared the prior evening.

Nope. Just left shaking my head wondering how the heck I survived.

This week's goals:
run x 5
swim x 1
bike x 1
core/strength x 4

Quote | Reply
This is a fun game! I've visited 49 of the 50 states and run in NY, NJ, MA, CT, VT, NH, DC, MD, PA, WV, VA, NC, GA, LA, TX, KS, FL, OH, IN, IL, MI, WI, IA, TN, CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, CO, HI, TX, ID, UT, MT, and WY. Regrettably, I was not running when I visited Alaska. It also seems strange I've never run in Maine but I haven't.

My list of swimming states is much smaller, I'm going to work on that :D

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep up the climbing Anna S! Glad you're having fun.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woah, you've travelled to a lot of states! Which is the one you have left?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 13 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade, just South Dakota. Eventually, I'm going to get there to see the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore but I love America's Mountain West so I keep going there instead of someplace new.

P.S. I just saw this list of the most popular running routes in the major metros. I've done a lot of these and the link is a good bookmark if you're on the road: http://www.runnersworld.com/...ggest-us-metro-areas

Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Feb 14, 17 10:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monday was a holiday for us here (Family Day) so a bit delayed in posting. :-)

Last week: 2.5 weeks until next meet...
- skate 3x - DONE-ish - the last session I had to end it early after a relay teammate gave me a really crappy push (exchange) and I crashed into the boards - the boards without the mats. :-(
- dryland/drills/cables 1x - DONE
- run 2x - DONE including one run as a snowshoe on the trails near work...
- ride... hmmm... we got hammered with snow all weekend, and are expecting more on Wed eve which will switch to freezing rain... then pouring warm rain all weekend long. Not much fun for riding. So I'll aim for 1 and call it good if I get it in. - DONE with 2 rides to & from work and a club ride on Monday morning (technically this week I know ut holiday!)
- if it's really that miserable all weekend, then swim 1x.- Nope. We all went to a local ski hill on Sunday which was way more fun.

This week:
- skate 2x (bailed on this morning as I was not feeling well, stomach-wise... nauseous, yuck, in fact I went home from the rink and straight to bed, booked a sick day)
- run 2x
- ride 1x - it's going to just POUR for the rest of the week.
- optional swim 1x.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply