Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? December 26 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good holiday.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My week was okay. I had a really hard time settling into being home, having unstructured time, and keeping myself busy. I know that I get depressed/anxious when I don't have enough to do, but I didn't do a good job making sure I was busy. So I binged a bunch of times - a couple days I wanted to make myself throw up, but didn't (I've never been good at purging). I finally settled into a better, more even-keeled place on Christmas Eve/ yesterday. So I feel good now.

I biked 2x and ran 8x (one double) for 24.5 miles bike and 54 miles running. Wednesday had 5 miles tempo; Thursday had 5k progressive (22 min total)
M - 9.3 mi run
T - 4 mi run + 12 mi bike + 4 mi run
W - 9 mi run
T - 9 mi run
F - 3.75 mi run + 12.5 mi bike
S - 6.1 mi run
S - 10.3 mi run + lift

Goals for this week = hip exercises 4x; lift 2x; swim 3x; ride 3x [running takes care of itself but 1 more run workout - did a 5k TT this AM]

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TC, I hope you never get "good at purging"--it's not something anyone should be good at.

After giving up on training in all three sports over the holidays, I had a good week. Ran 7 times to stay at 11/11 in the 100/100 run challenge. Also got some core work in. I have to hit the pool this week, as I'm starting a masters class next week. Even though I've already claimed a spot in the slowest lane, I would like to be able to keep up.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. But it's been a long time since I've wanted to be able to purge.
I think I am back on a more even spot... I have lots of stuff to do :-) PhD school applications. They are not fun but I'm doing it :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 runs, 1 bike, 1 swim done for the week. Proud of myself as it's harder to get to the pool when I'm away from school.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. I've been eating everything in sight, and unfortunately, none of it seems healthy for me.
Obviously, if you start to purge, you need to tell someone near you to watch you. That's not healthy. This is short term. Think of it that way, and start in on those PhD apps.
You are amazing. Take care of yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My daughters back from University, and my son is out of school. So that means I workout before they wake up and no doubles this week. Which means a lot of running and nothing else. but totally work having time w/ them

Monday - off
Tues 10 in a.m., 5 w/ my kids (slow) after work
Wed 5 in a.m.
Thursday 12 in a.m.
Friday 7 in a.m., 5 w/ my kids after work
Saturday 17
Sunday 7.5 before they woke up

total 68.5
Next week official start of training for the boston marathon. I'm going to try to keep my swimming at 2 -4 x and biking at 2 x a week as well, but I have a running coach, so we'll see how well that goes over.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Nancy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remembering that binging during the Christmas holiday is NORMAL may bring some relief from the anxiety of the season. I know that it helps me; I lessen the damage by having smaller portions,i.e. bites instead of full servings of the goodies.

3 swims ( I give thanks to having a masters' swim team at my new club in Las Vegas)
5 runs ( I discovered that my Achilles Tendon pain was from shoes that were too large and hitting me in the back of my foot-D'OH!) Fixed with smaller-sized shoes
2 bikes ( not so good - it's beautiful cycling country but it's been colder than I expected) Will improve and get up to 3 bikes by sitting in spin classes.

I ate too much, but had a long swim, bike, run session yesterday after a 3.5 hour flight and worked it off again. On course for a competitive Ironman St. George on May 5.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
( I discovered that my Achilles Tendon pain was from shoes that were too large and hitting me in the back of my foot-D'OH!) Fixed with smaller-sized shoes

Awesome news!!! I'm so glad it's not tendonitis.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once again, NAD your run mileage is impressive. Good work.

SSP, are you in Vegas? Red Rock Canyon was where I went to hide from the vulgarities of the strip when I was forced there for work. Great trail running, although the first time I ran there Vegas lights were far off in the distance at the end of the day, and the last time I was there the lights were almost up to the boundary of the park. :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Mine was great. Meet Harlie...not even 2 months old. She's a doll.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great photo . She looks pensive.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? December 26 Edition [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats! What a sweetie. Fun to spend a first holiday with her?

Quote Reply