Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread
Quote | Reply
It's December!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking! How was yours?

My goals were runx6 (managed 4), bike x 3 (managed 2) and swim x 3 (done!). Not going to be too hard about not making the goals because a) my mom was here and I haven't seen her since April (and likely won't see her again until next May) and b) it snowed. A lot. So I did a ton of shovelling instead.

Goals for this week are run x 6, bike x 4, swim x 3. Skipping the ski racing today because I feel like I'm coming down with something so hoping a rest day today will mean the rest of the week isn't derailed.

Also, signed up for my first 70.3 - Calgary on July 26th. Alternating between excitement and a "how/why did I land up doing that?" feeling.

Christmas party season starts this weekend so time to be mindful of what I eat/drink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: swim 5-6 times only four , take at least a day off from running nope, ride more than I run! I was close... The holiday should result in more bike time for me... other goal is no food issues. I'm not really anticipating any as I am staying here for Thanksgiving, so while I may do a "friends giving" there is no travel or anything... food went ok. Some issues yesterday

Really enjoyed cycling the past four days.

M: 9 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T: 6.2 mi run + 3600 yd swim
W: 8 mi run + 1200 yd swim
T: 6.5 mi run + 12 mi bike
F: 12 mi run + 8 mi bike
S: 25 mi bike + 9 mi run + 1100 yd swim
S: 7.5 mi run + 6 mi bike

totals 7,900 yd swim, 51 mi bike, 58 mi run

goal for this week: swim 16k ... goal of 63,000 yards this month and I want to do a bunch this week as I have easier pool access. I fly home next week :-) bike goal at least 60 miles, and TAKE AT LEAST A DAY OFF FROM RUNNING, and no food issues

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Dec 1, 14 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in all hoped for workouts - except one bike ride. Including 6 runs and my November long long run - mainly due to really warm temps for the area on Sunday afternoon. I just kept going.
I just couldn't get going early enough on the one day to get the run and bike workout in.

Had a great fun holiday and saw the Nutcracker - and it was a good one, in that it made me laugh a few times and didn't drag.

Had a good dr visit too. This one's interested in finding out WHY I keep being anemic. I'll go get blood drawn Tuesday (tomorrow).

This week more of the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Really enjoyed cycling the past four days.

YAY!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing my PT exercises for my hip/TFL.

2x30 minutes on the bike trainer
2x35 minutes on the bike trainer
1x50 minute outdoor ride yesterday (66F - had to get out!)

A little stiff today, but not bad. New treadmill will be delivered this week!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would call this week less than successful.

Pluses:

* Did my workout with my personal trainer on Monday.
* Went to barre class Thanksgiving morning.
* Bought a package of more barre classes during their Black Friday promo.

Minuses:

* Those are the only two structured workouts I did last week.
* My knee is really bothering me.

I did an extra day at the shelter since they had someone out because of the holiday. It was insanely busy and I spend the day doing physical labor. Reorganizing humane traps in storage, restocking the canned food, reorganizing the carriers, etc. I was exhausted when I got home. I also set up my Christmas decorations on Friday which inspired a big purge and reorganization of my second bedroom. More physical labor.

Olive was NOT pleased that I found the decorations: http://t.co/Zx0p3lwtVA

But, today is another day, another week AND another month. Another opportunity to hit my goals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh boy, she is indeed glaring at you in that photo!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Layoffs last week sucked. Mood was miserable. I got a call at 9:45 from my boss: "can you come up to my office for 5min?" uh oh, am I getting an envelope? Nope - a promotion. Still not easy to take considering some of my fave peeps/peers were let go.

Last week:
- get thru work week :-( DONE
- skate 4x including my 2nd short track meet (Sat) in which I am determined to crush my last times... :-) (it's a low bar here folks!) DONE I set 3 PBS. :-)
- run 3x DONE
- ride maybe once, maybe twice. DONE

This week:
- big audit week so super busy at work
- skate 4x including my next ST meet in Kelowna with K ;-)
- run 3x
- ride 2x

Pretty excited about racing with K and the opportunity to set s'more PBs :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Dec 1, 14 20:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 5 (missed last night because of dangerous, damaging windstorm): WIN
Bike x 3: WIN with 4 including an outdoor ride!
Swim x 4: WIN
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Get nutrition back on track: WIN. Sunday was a bit of a blowout day but I am fine with that - did a ton of training on the weekend anyway so could use the calories and overall things were back to normal. Got the last of the crap food out of the house, too, by making nachos with the last of the Daiya cheddar shreds!

This week's goals:
Run x 6
Bike x 3
Swim x 4
Core/strength x 4

Signed up yesterday to do the off-road tri in July at which I've had a 66% completion rate (1 broken wrist) as a relay with my husband - he wanted to see the bike course that broke me! So that will be our relay for 2015, but they have annoyingly changed the routing on the bike so I have no idea if he'll actually even see the bone-breaking rock garden. Oh well - will still be fun.

Also found out an ultra I wanted to do has changed dates from early April to 1 week after the off-road tri. Sub-optimal.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week was a relax week, did that, check!

Dream job is a no go, so I'm a bit bummed today. I finally got my road bike out of the garage and got my trainer set up going so I'm super excited for my bike workouts this week.

Goals for this week
Swim x 2 (one down this morning)
Bike X 3
Run X 3
Strength X 1 (check!)
Yoga X 1
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exciting news about Calgary!! I hope you have a good race.

FyreHaar - sorry about the job, that's a bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, test results back from the iron. I have some low numbers.
iron level, iron binding capacity, and percent transferrin level were all low (out of their listed 'normal' range).
Ferritin level was in range but at the lower end (me about 22, range 6-150)
Hematocrit and hemoglobin were within the listed 'normal' range.
Dr's note with my test results advised to take a supplement, which I already do, so I messaged back to see if he'd like me to increase to 2x per day.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 1 Thread [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
enjoying the warm trend here in Michigan, riding my Specialized fatboy pro with hardly no winter gear on.
Quote Reply