Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've been very anxious the past few days as this is a busy time of the school year - made busier by an invite to give a talk this Friday in Oregon. I'm excited to go but have a lot to do! Goals for the week are swim MTW at least, bike once, get in whatever I can.

Did the swims; didn't bike. Talk went really well. Am slightly less anxious - will feel better after Wed. is done.

M: 7.5 mi run + 625 yd swim
T: 8.1 mi run + 1925 yd swim
W: 7.5 mi run + 375 yd swim
T: off
F: 7.2 mi run + 2100 yd swim
S: 4 mi run
S: 7.3 mi run + 700 yd swim

totals 5725 yd swim and 41.6 mi run

goals for this week: swim MTWThSat, ride once

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Dec 11, 18 6:38
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna - I'm sad to see the illness is doing the rounds. Hope you stay healthy!
Dr TC - great to hear the talk went well; I hope this week is better for you.

I finally feel human again (mostly). I didn't have any goals for last week and managed 2 short aerobic endurance rides. I spent most of Sunday sleeping, not because I felt ill but because I was so relieved I could finally sleep again that my body decided to make the most of it! My great accomplishment for the week was surviving back to back Christmas parties on Friday & Saturday.

This week: still fuzzy on the goals, maybe 3 bikes (one done), 2 runs and 1 swim? I'll see how I feel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Dr. TC, I'm happy your talk went well! I hope you find a way to stay on the low anxiety side. Wednesday is so soon! Believe!

Anna, I hope everyone is feeling better, including you! Take care of yourself. This time of year is stressful enough as it is without the bodily stress of dealing with the colder weather. I'm glad St. Nick's day was a hit!

Last week's goal was to have an amazing half marathon with 15 of my girlfriends from around the country. We descended upon Kiawah Island, SC and rented a house for five days. I think I'm sorer from laughing so much for the weekend than actually running the half. The race itself was good- the nasty weather held off until we were all done, and I ended up running with or near four of my friends for most of the race. One of them snuck up on me and we ran together for about 5 miles until she faded. And here's where this get hilarious- this was a training run for me, in Z3. But I PRed the race. I haven't done a standalone HM in three years and I beat my standalone HIM run time by 3 minutes as well. I'll take it!

This week's goal: Recovery!

M- rest (travel home, which ugh, flights were delayed)
Tu- 1800yd swim (including 1000yd TT, LOL)
W- 60min Zwift
Th- 1600yd swim, 30min recovery run, and BIKE FIT!
F- 1 hour of yoga. I know, right?
Sa- 85min Zwift, also tri team brunch
Su- 12mi run

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens!

Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik, glad to hear you're feeling less anxious.
Anna S, get well soon!
Scheherazade, glad you're feeling better -- back-to-back parties sounds more exhausting than training.
Dr_Cupcake, congratulations on the PR!

Quote:
I'm racing a 70.3 on Sunday. I feel pretty good about the race, all things considered. Race day is bizarrely 6 months to the day since my surgeries, seems crazy right?

My race went well. It was a point-to-point race with a cold swim, a flat windy bike (PR bike split!), and a surprisingly punchy run course. I had lots of friends racing and cheering which made it fun and I cracked the top 20 overall amateur females.

This week, I'm on the road for work and prioritizing recovery so nothing scheduled.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great result So Cal! And Dr_Cupcake, how wonderful to PR. Hope you both enjoy your recovery weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. C - congrats on the PR; super neat that all fifteen of you ran it!

SoCal, congrats on your race too.

Anna I hope your family feels better!

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Dec 11, 18 22:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Being surrounded by the badass ladies definitely provided some race day magic :)

How are you doing today? What's your countdown?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your race! What a fantastic comeback from your surgeries 6 months ago!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 10 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good, the stress finally broke!

Quote Reply