Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 1
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 1 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't make goals but here's what I did - had access to a rock climbing "treadwall" (like a treadmill climbing wall) so I used that for something new/different/fun.

M – 7.7 mi run + 0:40 rock climb
T – 5.6 mi run + 3000 yd swim
W – 6.7 mi run + 0:30 rock climb
T – 14 mi run
F – 5 mi run + 2500 yd swim
S – off
S – 8.5 mi run + 17 mi bike

totals - 5500 yd swim, 17 mi bike, 46 mi run, 1:10 climb

eating - 5/7 (had lots of work stress :-( )

Goals for this week - 8k swim, 100 mi bike, 30 mi run

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Aug 1, 11 5:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals: 9 weeks to go til Marathon! => AWESOME WEEK. Running is feeling amazing now. 69k for the week, pretty stoked about that.
Mon thru Fri: Run 4x at lunch and Ride 4x to and from work. => DONE and then some. I ran 6 times during the week (2 doubles) and rode 4x to work & back. Finally feeling some pop in the legs!
Sat: Long run - 20-22k => DONE with dawg up and down one of my fave mtn trails
Sun: Optional anything, easy run or mtb or both or nothing! ;-)=> Rode a bit with the kids & dawg, then goofed off at the local outdoor pool.

This week: 8 weeks to go - vacation week. We're off to Whidbey Island with the kids and the dog, so I'm going to just try to run every day at least once. No doubles here. See if I can get the dog to beach run with me, off leash; should be an interesting experiment. ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 1 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, last week's goals I think were run 6 days, once on real trail.

Sort of....ran 5 days, and did some single track trail for about 1/2 hr after hill repeats. Not quite what I'd planned, but that's okay.

So this week: 6 days running....Friday off as a rest day. Last big week before my big trail run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals (back to business):
- 4 run: WIN, though no long run and nothing since thursday.
- 3 bike: WIN, on 3 different bikes!
- 3 swim: FAIL - 2 only, though technically i was in the water 2 more times (bobbing around in a hotel pool)
- 4 core/strength/rehab: WIN
- stop eating crap and boozing! FAIL. i was doing great up until my in-laws arrived on friday night, but it was a long, hot weekend with lots of restaurant meals and i finally caved and had a couple of drinks yesterday. oh well.

this week's goals:
- 4 runs, including 1 of at least 10k
- 2 bike
- 2 swim
- 3 core/strength

pretty small goals this week; the long weekend is gone with almost no training accomplished, and we're leaving on the motorcycles this coming weekend for a week-long tour culminating in a rally. pretty sure i shouldn't have signed up for that off-road tri at the end of the month, but what can you do?

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
You are all very inspirational! Way to go.
My week was ok, but my legs just dragged through the week.
I ended up w/ 3 bikes - not as far of long ride as I wanted, but good quality
4 runs. Achilles slowly, and I mean slowly, improving. I'm going to try for 5 runs this coming week.
I did get in 3 swims, but last swim was cut short by my daughter not wanting to be at the gym anymore (she's 18 -not a little kid). Kinda bummed me out. But oh well. I did succeed in getting to the pool.

Next week
5 runs
3 good bike rides ( I need long ride of 80)
3 good swims - hopefully 3500 each
Nutrition - always my downfall - but I keep trying
Redman 8 weeks away.

Happy training all.

Nancy
Quote Reply