Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 2 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals were 5 swims (done), day off from running (done), bike more miles than I run (close - about 4 mi shy). I am pleased with my week. The biggest project was submitting a conference paper that I'd been working on for awhile, and I was glad to have that done :-) anyway, 41.3 mi running, 37.1 mi biking, and about a mile and a half of swimming.

goal for this week (work goal) is to get a revise-and-resubmit paper resubmitted. This is from my dissertation.
sports goals: 5 swims, at least two rides, bike more miles than I run, day off from running

Tomorrow is my birthday and I think I have the day cleared so I can work from home for most of it... some work, that is, and some relaxing and holding the couch down ;-)

Hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday, Dr TC! Good luck with the re-submit.

I did one little swim, a couple of bikes and a run that ended poorly. While I was running down a gravel road, this man opened his truck door and set his dog on me. The dog broke my skin with a deep scratch--enough that it had to be reported as a potential rabies case to the Health Dept.

I got his license plate, which I gave to animal control. Eventually they were able to track him and the dog down. That means I don't have to get FOUR rabies shots. I did have to get a tetanus booster, and I have to keep the area clean and keep an eye out for infection. I'm staying out of the pool until it has healed over a bit.

Just basically sucks in so many ways. I'm looking forward to a better go at it this week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Apr 2, 18 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy (almost) Birthday Dr. Tigerchik and thanks for getting us started. Good work last week and good luck with the re-submit.

Tri3, I am so sorry that happened to you and hope for quick, complete healing.

My goals last week were:

all the normal things -- 3 bikes, 3 swims, 3 runs, some yoga and a lot of talking to my coach (and the other coaches) about what's next now that I'm back in action.
I ended up running 4 times (once quick just to help pace a friend) and while I technically swam 3 times, only 2 are worth writing about, my bikes were all good and I feel totally recovered from my very big week at camp. In general, I feel good -- I miss my strength work but I think PT is paying off and my runs are starting to feel like real runs again -- I've even run a a few miles starting with the right digit.

I've talked to my coach, other coaches, and athletes I trust about next steps -- I'm now leaning toward finding an Olympic in April or May, racing Victoria 70.3, and then finding a later season 70.3 to be my "A."

This week, it's 3 bikes, 3 swims, 3 runs, PT and yoga plus a weekend of cheering at Oceanside. If you're going to be there, let me know and I'll make you a sign :D

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Calamityjane88 [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? April 2 Edition [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw, thanks for the hugs!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy moly, Tri3! How freaking crazy! Geez. I don't even know how I would have reacted. WOW. Life is crazy and unexpected. I hope you heal fast - mentally, emotionally, and physically! I'm traumatized and it didn't even happen to me.

Pretty good week last week. I'm in the final throws of tax season and it has taken its toll on me this year. I'm fatter, slower, and unhealthier than I've been in a long time and I'm over it. 14 more days... trying to stay healthy these last two weeks. It is so hard when I sit like a statue for 70+ hours per week and the firm throws food at everybody daily (and it doesn't meet my standard of "healthy"). I don't even touch the poptarts and crap, but it is essentially eating out 2x per day, which is way too many calories for a statue.

Swim x1
Bike x3
Run x1

Lame. I did do the new Zwift mountain and had my ass handed to me. I was pissed off and decided to pedal it away and it worked. Not much pissed-off-ness left after that mountain.

I'm just trying to do last minute training on the bike for Wildflower (long course). I'm good for the swim, okay for the bike, and I'm going on a 13.1 mile hike at the end. I was out there this last weekend and it was already HOT - probably 91 degrees. We have more rain coming this week. I'm hoping we don't have a scorcher this year. I'm not up for that.

In other news, my blind athlete did a write up of our race together :-). https://www.mymindisnotblind.com/...mts-sprint-triathlon

Rock on Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 2 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I did one little swim, a couple of bikes and a run that ended poorly. While I was running down a gravel road, this man opened his truck door and set his dog on me. The dog broke my skin with a deep scratch--enough that it had to be reported as a potential rabies case to the Health Dept.

I got his license plate, which I gave to animal control. Eventually they were able to track him and the dog down. That means I don't have to get FOUR rabies shots. I did have to get a tetanus booster, and I have to keep the area clean and keep an eye out for infection. I'm staying out of the pool until it has healed over a bit.

Just basically sucks in so many ways. I'm looking forward to a better go at it this week.

OMG. The man should face some sort of consequences. What type of person would do that?! I am so sorry. I hope it heals really quickly and that you're not in pain.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my Tri3 - that is terrible; I'm so glad you got the plate number. I don't understand why people are such a**h****. Will there be any repercussions for the dog owner?

I appear to have skipped a week but I'm now on the last week of my base phase (still haven't plonked down the money for the race this would be in aid of).

Good things in the last couple of weeks:
- I treated myself to a power meter for my TT bike - it is an absolute indulgence and I am very excited.
- Dan and I had a great Easter weekend away. I ate and drank like a champ but also cross country skied and got my speedwork in.
- I ran a kids firefighting camp for the first time. Fifteen 8-12 year olds for a whole day. I'm now full of ideas for how I can change things up a bit and run more in the summer.

Bad things:
- After a few outdoor runs we're back into winter. Currently the temperature is -20C/-3F so I'm still stuck training indoors. I am so so so ready for winter to be over.
- I now have to FTP test with the new power meter.

In the preschools for work this week so hoping to stay crud free. Wish me luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG Tri3! I can't believe that someone intentionally sicced their dog on you! I'm so glad you had the presence of mind to get his license plate number and that animal control was able to track him down. How awful! I hope you are doing better physically and emotionally -- ugh, that sounds rough.

Happy birthday, Dr. Tigerchik!

I actually had a pretty good training week last week with almost 8.5 hours, which is a lot for me lately. Most of that was easy biking and PT, a decent chunk of that on Friday, a much-appreciated day off for me. (Followed by three straight days of mainlining cupcakes.) I had a rough go in the pool, getting short of breath as soon as I tried to kick up the pace. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't all anxiety but maybe I am having a reaction to the chlorine when I breathe too hard. I have been tested for oxygen in the blood before but never a lung function test or anything like that. I feel like with everything else going on with my knee and thyroid, why not add breathing issues to the mix? Holy moly!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply