Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
... started a day late ;-) Hope you all had a good week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 2 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 12 mi run
T - 7.8 mi run + 2000 yd swim
W - 8 mi run + 2650 yd swim
Th - 5.7 mi run + 2300 yd swim
F - 9.8 mi run + 1000 yd swim
S - 10.5 mi run + 1.25 mi walk
S - 10.5 mi run + lift

Totals: 8000 yd swim, 64.3 mi run, 1.25 mi walk, a bit of lifting
Run workouts were 5 x 800 (Mon.), mile repeats (Fri); threshold (Sat). They went well. I swam a threshold workout Wed., but did not swim a vo2 max or sprint workout. I also didn't get the bike ride in because I left my bike shoes at school ... I can really only ride on the weekend. Schoolwork - I did turn my thesis in :-)

Goals this week: 1 ride, 4 swims, running takes care of itself. I swam yesterday and today; I'm still not recovered from lifting Sunday...

And, I enter a new age group today! I am 25 :-)
the other good news: acceptances from 4 PhD programs and waiting on one more.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday marks one month of iron supplementation to recover from my anemia.

Saturday I decided to see how I was doing, running-wise. I have a loop I can adjust on the fly. I can make it 5.7 miles, 7 miles, 8 miles or 9 miles depending on which cut off I take. I wound up doing the whole 9, at a pace that was 2:10 per mile faster than when I was anemic. And it didn't feel like I was working that hard! I had a big stupid grin on my face the entire time. I was LOVING it!! Spent the rest of the day resting and relaxing.

Sunday was chilly, I decided to stay indoors and ride the computrainer to check out my numbers. Apparently not being anemic is good for a 40 watt increase in the average over the entire workout (including w/u & c/d). I felt so good! It was only an hour, becuase I'm trying to caution myself to build back up slowly... but oh man. I was working hard at times and it felt amazing.

Then there was last night in the pool at master's swimming. I swam a lane up and had no trouble keeping up. I am hoping to jump up one more lane so I can swim with my friend Kristin again... last swam with her in 2010.

The past two mornings I've even woke up without an alarm feeling refreshed and ready to start the day.

So I think after tonight's workout I think I need to sit down and write out my plan for gradually 'ramping' back up to my 'regular' workout load. If I don't write stuff down I'll jump into it instantly and that is probably not a good idea.

So this week's goal is to write up a schedule to ease gradually back into full tri training. I'm doing sprints and oly's this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced Leadman Triathlon with little training and performed poorly, as in disqualified for finishing the bike leg 7 minutes too late :-(

On the good side, I did some rhetorical heavy lifting to set all-time production records and finished in first place at work. Those records came at the expense of my training, and ironically my job is to train other people.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long week-- was at Oceanside 70.3 on Saturday...ended up missing the mid-run cutoff after barely making the bike cutoff. So a lot of off days this week.
Mon- run 2.3 miles treadmill
Tues- run 1.3 miles treadmill + trainer tuesday ride 1 hour
Wed- Swim 1000yds
Thurs- Run 1.8 miles
Fri- off, drove to Oceanside walked around expo
Sat- Oceanside 63.8, after flipping my bike on the way to T2...stupid plastic gear bags.
Sun- off, could barely move. massive chafing from wetsuit around the back of my neck...not fun.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 2 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad you feel better!
Sorry to hear others had rough racing weeks.

Quote Reply