Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 18
Quote | Reply
Last week's original goals:
- Run 5x (3x aerobic with strides 35-45min each; 1x intervals [4' on; 2' off]; 1x long)
- Lift 2x.

Turned into "survive the bike crash from Tuesday"

Ended up with 3x Run, 1x ride, 1x Kid's fun run (2.5k) with my DD. I ran yesterday and the shoulder is ok, not great obviously, but ok. It really sucks on the downhills - too much jarring. the 1/2 marathon I am supposed to do in 2 weeks has a very long downhill section so I will have to see how this week goes before deciding to switch to the flat 8k or not.

This week:
- Run 5x
- Ride 2x (yes)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 18 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Turned into Survive The Bike Crash" . . . . . . . . . .

So much for taking it easy and slowing down a bit after IMNZ! Hopefully not too much damage done.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 18 [WappidWojj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's stiff for sure, but the more I move - gently and the more I stretch - gently - the better it feels. I reckon another solid week to be able to assess if there's any underlying issues left... :-(

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5.
- 3 bike (including race sunday): WIN.
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout: FAIL. 4 only, no full workout.
- 3 swims (may be tough since i won't be able to do sunday morning): WIN. replaced sunday AM with saturday PM.
- get tanker's new saddle and bar tape on asap so he can test them before P2A: WIN, and he got to test it on some trail riding with me on wednesday. he`s very happy with both, even after 3+hrs on horrible surfaces yesterday.
- don't hurt myself doing the paris to ancaster 60km off-road cycling race on sunday: WIN - i didn`t even tip over, let alone crash! actually rather impressed with my bike handling in nasty mud and (at times) blinding snow. had fun, got some photos that make me giggle, and finished. poor tanker DNF`d due to a broken rear derailleur hanger :(

this week`s goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike incl. getting my mountain bike out for the first time since being re-cabled
- 3 swims
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Have you gotten adjusted after your crash? That may help with the healing time. When you're out of alignment the muscles don't heal as fast (or so the chiro says...)

Goals for last week: Swim: 6-7x=18,000yds; Run:completely optional. Lift 1x. Swim focus. Practice relay starts.
Accomplished: Swim 7x=18,300yds, no running, no lifting. Took ~5 days to recover from 50k. My relay starts suck, can't get the arm circle timing down- more practice this week!

Goals this week: swim 5-6x=16,000yrds, Run=2-3x=10-12mi, Lift 2x.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 18 [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, I'm not a big chiro person to begin with and with changing jobs my benefits are on hiatus. So.... will give it a bit more time to see if there's an imbalance (or not).

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a good week. Goals were 2/2/5 and I met them :-)

M - 6.3 mi + 0:51 trainer
T - 6.3 mi + 1200 yd swim
W - 8.5 mi + 3200 yds
T - 6.5 mi + 2000 yds
F - 9 mi + 1500 yds
S - off
S - 7.3 mi + 22 mi bike

Eating went pretty well; 6/7.

This coming week - taking a lifeguarding course MTW so swimming is whatever I feel like (I feel pretty water logged after today already). 2 bikes, 5 runs.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey-o ladies!

I had a good week of training last week now that I am back into some easy running...slowly but surely.

My goals: 3x swim, 3x bike, 4x run, 1 x yoga. WIN!

Monday: Swim 2500 meters w/ drills, Run 3.2 miles

Tuesday: Bike 30 miles (hilly route)

Wednesday: Swim 1650 meters, Run 3.3 miles

Thursday: Bike 24 miles, Yoga 60 minutes

Friday: Swim 2000 meters, Run 3.2 miles

Saturday: Bike 30 hilly miles

Friday: Run 6.2 miles

I'd like to start incorporating more yoga as this seems to be helping me with easing back into running but the days are too short and my wish to do so may be too optimistic :)

Train on...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week was pretty poor on my part. dropped my tri bike at the shop to be re-cabled, forgot to take the trainer skewer out so couldn't ride all week! hard to fit quality outdoor rides in during the week without it getting dark...

last week's goals:
6 runs WIN
3 bike - FAIL - only 1 bike (with my new cycling club though, woohoo!)
3 swim - FAIL - only 2 swim

this week:
going away for easter so going to be hard to get quality work in
6 runs
2 bike
1 swim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two 10 hour work days, then 5 days of riding my bike in the desert. Ended up with +13 hours of riding, all at altitude and all hard riding, either up or down. Nutrition was pretty good considering we had Monty catering and an unending supply of wine and beer.

Down 14.5 pounds and over 2% body fat since the beginning of the year.

This week: Racing tonight at the velodrome and then two crit races this weekend. Goal will be to get enough rest!

c

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 18 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Jealous! ;-)

Would you say the drop in weight/BF is due to you riding more again, or some other change?

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Nice! Jealous! ;-)

Would you say the drop in weight/BF is due to you riding more again, or some other change?

AP

Thanks.

Lifting weights and revamping the nutrition. Cutting back on starches and sugars and upping my protein mostly and eating a little less more often. Less bread, pasta, crap like that, unless it's after a workout. Plus, just being more aware of what and why I eat.

I have to thank Monty for taking my Costco request list and sticking to it while I was there. Made things a lot easier. Even just one Brownie Bite per day! Well, maybe two on the day I rode 4 hours.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 18 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice... yeah I found I was slipping back to old/bad habits during the post-IMNZ vacation (which is natural I guess), but now I gotta be better than I have been for the last 6 weeks ;-) It's so true about the comment you make of "being aware of what and why eat". I am a subconscious eater, so if food's around, I'll just eat it without even thinking. Well, I've improved there - being aware of that habit makes it easer to control right?

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply