Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 16 Edition
Quote | Reply
How were your past two weeks?
Good luck to any STers running Boston today.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for this week:
3 swims
2 rides
let running take care of itself
finish thesis
finish portfolio

Last two weeks:
Week of April 2- 13.5 k swim, 62 mi run
Week of April 9 - 9.1 k swim, 62 mi run

and tons of schoolwork...

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got in all the SBR I was planning on, except my Saturday workout was cut short due to my poor planning and a visit from my sister.
swim for the week - 6500 yds, 150 min total
Bike for the week - 3.5 hours, 45 mins of which was a recovery ride, all else was intervals
Run - way down for the week because last Sunday my foot had an odd pain that I didn't think was good to run 10miles on... so run mileage is rather pitiful for this week.

Highlight of the week - finishing only about 15 feet behind my husband in yesterday's 5k! For a good mile stretch in the middle I was beating him! That has never happened before!!! Go iron supplements! I was about 35 seconds off my 5k PR on a course that had a pretty good hill in it.

This week: Add in one extra run. Have fun at the half marathon on Sunday (do as training, not racing!).
Next week: blood re-tested to check iron level, add in one more workout. I'm trying to build back up to my 'typical' training schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My grad school life is totally nuts right now, so I have mostly been running as it requires the smallest time commitment. Sometimes 40 miles a week, sometimes 80. But I am setting some goals to get in the pool and on the bike! And maybe more consistent run mileage.

M: 9 miles run at 7 min pace
T: track, 8 x 400 in 77 secs, 1 min rest. I was really hoping for faster, but damn I am allergic to the entire world right now.
W: run 5 miles at 8:30? pace. (really didn't sleep the night before!)
R: tempo run, 13 min warmup and then 5 miles alternating each mile with 6 min mile (10k road pace) with 6:20 (half marathon pace). I was supposed to do 6 miles of this, but did not feel up to the last mile. Walked home.
F: run 7 or so, appx 8 min pace
S: run 5 miles at 7:30 pace
S: run 9 at 6:45 pace (this hurt due to a massive hangover and it's just too darn hot generally)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition [darkhorsepick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you on a busy grad school life.
My portfolio is done :-) tomorrow I attack the thesis again

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had a hoot doing a local spring classic race - mud, rain, mud, single track, mud and good times! did i mention mud? there was mud.

race report here: illadvisedracing.blogspot.com/2012/04/paris-to-ancaster-60k-april-15th-2012.html

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thesis stuff done for the week. The ball is in my advisor's court now as far as approving the final edits ... then I can print and be done ...

1 swim done too :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistressk, was there mud? Looks like fun

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hee hee, just a bit! yeah it's a riot - hubby says he may come back for another shot at it with me next year :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
It was a test and rest week.
I established that I can swim around a 3 min/ 200 pace with about 15 secs of rest for 1600 yards, run about 6:35 for 4 miles (it got dark so I didn't keep going) and did a paltry 7x1 mile repeats at 18-21 mph on my rickety single speed raleigh. I was going to blow my local tri club out of the water with my fantasticness at their Thursday night track workout, but instead, since it was raining, I douched out and made zuchinni bread instead. A good week though.
Anyone here in the northwest US?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I don't even know where to begin:

ST Womens Camp at Xantusia. Even with the snow, I managed 3 runs and a swim, including a wicked goat-trail run in the blowing snow. Awesome. I went to camp too try and refind my passion for training, racing - to find my mojo, baby. I've really been struggling since I had my surgery to want to race and if I don't want to race, then I'm less likely to train. Plus I've put on ~10lbs so I have to watch the negative thinking about weight.

Then I bombed it to... JAPAN! I ran twice in Tokyo, once in Nagoya and once in Kyoto. One of my runs in Tokyo was at 5am, the streets were virtually empty - a complete contrast from how they would appear in ~2hrs. That was a great run, surreal. My run in Nagoya included a visit to the Nagoya Castle, and to "Central Park" which has a replica of the walk of stars from Hollywood - turns out Nagoya & LA are sister cities - but it was an odd experience. My run in Kyoto was along one of the main rivers, so a nice wide path beside the river, nice views - and I actually saw two joggers running while holding umbrellas!!! How do you do that, eh? ;-)

I am super jetlagged but happy to be home and... I signed up for Leadman 125 Bend, OR in Sept. So now I actually have to start training for something. I guess camp worked. ;-)

Next week:
------------------
Run 4x
Ride 2x (to work & back x2, if I can get in a 2-3hr road or MTB ride next weekend I'll add that)
Swim 1x.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply