Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 11
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 11 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for the coming week: s/b/r 3/2/6. Lift 2x (it's so important for bone density and I'm starting to enjoy it), shoulders + hips 3x.

I lifted twice and I did shoulders/hip exercises 3x each. Win on most of the goals and almost all of the runs were quite fast, which was cool. However, bad week for eating :-( two very rough days. I need to think of some specific strategies over today to make the week better. My calendar is looking devoid of stickers :-(
Week breakdown was like this -

M: 7.7 mi run, 20 mi bike
T: 7 mi run, lift (had planned to swim this morning but the lifeguard didn't show.)
W: 8.5 mi run, 1500 yd swim
T: 0:30 trainer, 10k run
F: 8.6 mi, lift
S: 4 mi
S: off

Goals for this week: make poster for grad expo (it's a big, fancy, printed poster, not some fifth grade poster board thing ;-); write final History of Math paper (I have most of the articles I need - researched yesterday). Run 6x, bike 2x, swim 2x, hip + shoulders 3x. Real goal = balance out all the running; I feel like a runner who dabbles in tri, not a triathlete right now.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 11, 11 1:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals (last week):

6 runs - FAIL - 5 runs
3 bike - WIN
3 swim - WIN
1 yoga - FAIL

all in, did 1:48 of running, 2:45 cycling on the trainer and 6600 yds in the pool

THIS WEEK:

Goals:
6 runs
3 bike
3 swim

my work-travel schedule is really picking up so i'm trying to stay consistent with the workout schedule despite the increased work-hours.

also, lost 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks - WIN

... and it finally feels like spring here in Boston. double WIN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs incl. final build run for the marathon on may 1st: WIN. the long run was tough as it suddenly got hot out yesterday, but it's done!
- 3 bike: WIN, including an awesome 50 mile ride in gorgeous weather on saturday!
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout. srsly.: WIN. finally!
- 3 swim: WIN

completely owned my training goals last week, and actually put in 8hrs of training in 2 days (sat & sun). think i may take an easier day today..

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 3 bike (including race sunday)
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout
- 3 swims (may be tough since i won't be able to do sunday morning)
- don't hurt myself doing the paris to ancaster 60km off-road cycling race on sunday
- get tanker's new saddle and bar tape on asap so he can test them before P2A

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week:
- Run 5x => FAIL, only got 4 in, but they were pretty good.
- Lift 2x (weights in gym at new work!) => FAIL, only got 1x in, was stuck in seminars almost all week!
- Get settled in the new job! => WIN ;-)

Bonus: Managed to get in 2 rides!!! Yay!

This week:
- Run 5x (3x aerobic with strides 35-45min each; 1x intervals [4' on; 2' off]; 1x long)
- Lift 2x.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals last wk: Yoga 1x; Lift 1x; Swim: 6x= 17,000yds; Run:4x= {3x=9mi+50k race}=40mi. Also making it a goal to ice bath after the 50k.
Accomplished: Yoga0x; Lift 1x; Swim: 4x=12,400yds; Run:4x= (12mi)+ 50k trail race=43mi. Iced after and took a cold bath.

After struggling with hip pain for ~1year I finally did a good long distance run race injury free. 17'' slower than PR. This is exciting and I signed up for another, in June. But first, Masters swim nats:

Goals for this week: Swim: 6-7x=18,000yds; Run:completely optional. Lift 1x. Swim focus. Practice relay starts.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey-o!

Goals for last week: Swim x3, Run (actually walk-jog as I'm coming back from an injury) x 3, Bike x 3, yoga x 1

With the exception of one abandoned ride (too much traffic in a new city and didn't know the heck where I was going so I figured I was a hazard to myself and drivers) and having to shorten a swim due to lightning, I did pretty well.

Monday: Swim (1200 meters, shorted due to lightening); Power-walk/jog 5.4 miles

Tuesday: Attempted bike ride....called fiance and had him pick me up. We drove to some routes so I could see them by car and the next day I was all set to ride (We just moved to Austin). So I ended up with 5.1 miles walk/jog and 15 minutes strength training

Wednesday: Bike 30 miles (Austin is HILLY)

Thursday: Swim 2000 meters; Power-walk/jog 4.8 miles

Friday: Bike 30 miles

Saturday: Bike 28 miles

Sunday: Power-walk/jog 6 miles with hills

No yoga. Boo.

Signed up for a sprint triathlon to kick off my season. Something small and local in a couple of months when I have more swimming and running under my belt. Yippee skippy.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 11 [Tri_Dietitian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL "Austin is hilly" - I love Austin, but you want hilly, come see me ;-)

BTW: I *love* Austin. We did the 1/2 marathon last Feb and loved it. I'd love to do the full there.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good week for me. Lost 3 pounds. Trained 10:30. Logged my food every day. This week is going to be tough. Headed to NOLA with the BF for the weekend. Just hoping to not gain this week.... Will try to run every day I'm there. There will be no shortage of triathletes around.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 11 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've heard great things of the local marathon and half. Plus this is a triathlon training mecca so no shortage of triathlons around here. Where do you live? I was considering sprucing up my Specialized road bike to do most of my riding on because I'm never in my aero bars for long on the rides around here with all the hills.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 11 [Tri_Dietitian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in Vancouver BC. LOTS of awesome hills here for your climbing pleasure. Definitely have a roadie (slack set-up) for the bulk of your riding until you get used to the hills, you will be more comfy and log more miles that way.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! I love Vancouver and am from Canada (Toronto, ON) myself. I plan to get the Specialized ready to go. I was out again today on my TT bike on the hills and kept thinking how much lighter my rode bike is....but then I thought of "AndyPants" even harder hills and decided to "harden up Sally and get 'er done!" ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worked a lot.

Got my NEW BIKE!

Rode 50 miles...longest ride in ages. Bonked.

Physical therapy appt. where he was thrilled with my knee/quad strength but has me no lifting weights x 2 weeks for an old shoulder injury which has flared up.

This week:

Mon. Work 10 hours and have big insurance audit which we did great on.

Tue. Work probably 10 hours again (still here at 7PM), go home and finish packing, go to bed and....

Wed. DRIVE TO XANTUSIA FOR 5 DAYS OF BIKE RIDING!!! Can't wait to see Monty and Dan and the doggies and horses and Sally and her training partner who arrive Thursday!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: had a big crash yesterday on my bike while riding home from work. At least I followed rule #1 in bike crashes: NEVER EVER put your hands out. I kept them on the brifters, and took about 90% of the brunt on my left shoulder. I was so worried that I had broken a collarbone, but I think it's just a lot of muscle trauma. The bike is fine, but I will NOT be running for the rest of the week and there will be no lifting of any sort - but will do the mini SunRun (2.5k) with my 7yo daughter on Sunday instead.

:-(

AP

PS: Yes, the bike is fine ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP, sorry to hear about the crash. Glad you & bike are relatively ok.

xoxo
tc

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that! Heal up and maybe get the shoulder checked out just to be safe?? I will be extra cautious now as these instances are warnings of how much more attentive and alert we all must be when riding.

<<<Healing vibes>>>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dangit, crashing sucks! hope you heal up quickly!

cheers!

-mistress k