Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? 1/10/11
Quote | Reply
Good week here.
Goals were:
4 swims -- done! 9.6k, with a meet (6:34 in the 500 and 22:24 in the 1650 which I am happy with for a relative lack of swimming in the past couple months)
5 runs -- took one day off, doubled on 2 days, = 8 runs (42.3 mi)
Thesis stuff --- finished the compiling and started on the next step. I had hoped to have that step finished; I don't.
This will be day 12 of doing well with eating / "symptom free." Yeah!!! journaling is really helping. I had 2 days in which I ate a little more candy than a normal person munching-on-candy but it was not bingeing... just a-little-more-than-normal (I have trouble settling with anything less than perfect ;-)

for this coming week:
5 swims
6 runs
Shoulder and hip exercises 5x
Finish the next step with thesis data
Be on day 19 by next week ;-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week: Run 7x (got 6 in, including my longest run ever), 3 bike rides (done), pilates x3 (not done), core x3 (done), and if my shoulder holds up, 3 very short swims (damn shoulder still hurts 2 months after injuring it, but it's slowly getting better)

This week: Run 7x, 3 bike, pilates x3, core x5, 3 very short swims

I have had the head cold that never ends. Three weeks later and I'm still drippy. Makes it hard to sleep, which in turn makes it hard to get up in time for pilates class. Will try again this week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Workouts:

1 run.

That's it, unless I get to count walking the dogs.

I have bronchitis. :( The one run I did caused a 75 minute coughing/asthma attack. Stupid bronchitis.

I did get a coach though! He's a running coach, I've talked with him before about various trails etc in the province and really liked him. He's got a lot of experience and I'm very happy to be working with him.

I think my bronchitis is starting to get better thanks to the inhalers but I'm not supposed to do much until I see my dr. tomorrow and get dr. approval to do proper workouts again.

Eating:

Pretty good! No binging, lost a very small amount of weight, which is better than nothing especially since I wasn't working out. I need to properly start a diet though and once I'm well start working out again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did have a good week! Nicely done!

last week: Build 1 - bike focus
Run 4X (2 ez, 1 intervals, 1 hills) => DONE and felt great, some of my faster times, guess all that running in Dec is paying off!
Swim 2X (1 intervals + drills; 1 steady) => DONE and also felt great, 2nd swim ended up being 3000m (1000m free; broken 1500 as 500/400/300/200/100 desc.; 10x50s on 1:00 - great workout!)
Ride 4X (to+from work twice; 1 trainer; 1 mtn bike or lsd ride) =>Small "d" done; 2x riding to & from work and a great 4hr road ride yesterday.
Limit carb consumption esp. alcohol, juices, fruits (high GI stuff) => Hm, still not doing well here.

This week: build 2 - bike focus
Run 4x, keep the hard runs hard
Swim 2x
Ride 4x (to & from work as much as realistic, one long ride on weekend).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First crit in over a year yesterday. I felt pretty good at the end since I was able to hang in the entire race with not a lot of road fitness.  I'm very happy since my goals for the race were (1) get through the race without losing my nerve and (2) not get dropped.  So, a win, win.

8.5 hours of training last week. Gradually starting to ramp things up.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great week! I am a month out from the Rocky Raccoon 100 miler and had a key workout - back to back 30 mile runs on Saturday/Sunday. Finished both and still felt pretty good. I am starting to believe I may have a shot at finishing this thing! Plus I got in all of my other 3 runs and totaled out with almost 80 miles for the week (my biggest week ever). One more semi-big week this week and then its time to taper for the race.

Goals this week: finish all runs and think good thoughts about a successful finish at RR100.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeow, quite the run weekend for you.

clm, good job in the race.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My week was great!
my goal was just to start running after baby

ran for 23 minutes on friday and 45 minutes on sunday.
And it still felt pretty quick. I am one happy girl :)

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [tri_2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic. How is the baby? Are you getting enough sleep and stuff?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs - WIN, including a longer run than i've done lately. this is a good thing.
- 2 bike - WIN. none were very long, but i actually did 3.
- 2 core/strength - WIN
- 1 swim - WIN
- try not to get sick, despite every single person in my office coming in to work with nasty colds, some of which have lasted 3 weeks or more. - more or less WIN, though i'm not feeling great today. something i ate is disagreeing with me, and i have a bit of a sniffle & sore throat.

this week's goals:
- 3 runs
- 2 bike
- 2 core/strength
- 2 swims

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Jacob is great thanks. growing fast.. 16 pounds already and long..he's going to be tall.

he loves the running stroller! how are you doing?/

Lana

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stuck exactly to mile 50k training program, completing 5 runs--longest 24 on Sunday. This was good, I suppose, but I miss biking and swimming. So, goals this week include adding in 2 bikes and 1 swim and also join my sister for a zumba class which I've never experienced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad Jacob is well.

I am doing well - back to school as of yesterday and busy already. This is a big semester for my THESIS!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good.
Run x6 - done
Core x6 - done
Swim x4 - did 3
Plyo x1- fail

This week... Hmmm... I'm traveling again for the RAship, and just ate the most delicious, most enormous, Philly cheesesteak (yep, I'm in Philly). So I guess one goal is to not gain weight this week. The pool at the hotel sucks, not even big enough for drills, so I am not going to bother with it. If I get in once, great, but whatever. Ok, the real goals:

Run x6
Core x6
Plyo x1

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UGH. Panic attack just set in: I have 7 weeks til IMNZ. OH MAN I'M SO SCREWED.

Better go ride more!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is close.

I am almost done the "coding" of my current thesis data. Two subsections to do and I will finish it tomorrow; I did 2 today and I am just NOT motivated right now. I'm tired (and having sugar cravings to boot).

Skipped swimming the past two days. Tired yesterday and today I ran 8.5 miles and was hypoglycemic after for some reason; didn't have any gels or anything to rescue myself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals acheived + underwent lasix eye surgery, healing okay but no swimming as of yet.

this week:
Mon- 3 mile run
Tue- 3 mile run
Wed- 1/2 hour stationary bike
Thur- 3 mile run or 1/2 hour stationary bike, depending on ankle
Fri- 3 mile run or 1/2 hour stationary bike, depending on ankle
Sat- 1/2 hour stationary bike
Sun- 1/2 hour stationary bike
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
am at 2 weeks now of no symptoms... no bingeing or restricting... not restricting is stressing me out but I am proud of my 2 weeks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be proud, that's great!

I got cleared by my doc to run (after a week of doing jack, the meds suddenly kicked in - yay!) and so started running again.

-did easy runs last 2 days, today is a rest day
-run Friday plus some light strength training
-light spin on Saturday
-light long run (90 minutes easy) Sunday.

We're keeping things light (obviously) until I'm 100%.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 1/10/11 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got 4th swim in today

finished what I was working on for my thesis --- hit another "milestone" is the best way to describe it I think

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't remember what my goals were for last week.... but my boyfriend started his Ironman training with his coach. I've promised him that I will do my best to keep him motivated as I will need his help next year to keep me motivated for my Ironman in 2012. We have been doing good even with plowing messing up our sleep scheduling

This week....
Mon - Run and Lift - DONE!
Tue - Off - DONE!
Wed - Bike - DONE!
Thur - Swim and Run (Hard Run... I think I almost killed him since running is my strength :) hahaha.) DONE!
Fri - Lift and Yoga - Lift is done... Now we just gotta do the trainer...
Sat - Long Trainer
Sun - Long Run and Swim

All is going well and the doc says my body is doing pretty well....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unproductive!!!
only one 30 minute run and 8 hours of walking. (Jacob is a horrible sleeper ).

This week I will run more (turn the walks into runs) and try and hop on the trainer if Jacob ever decides to sleep in his bed.

Lana

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not bad walking time though. Hope Jacob sleeps better this week.

Quote Reply