Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
Happy New Year - what did you do for NYE?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year Dr TC and all the womens!

We saw in the new year with some friends at their house. Crab legs, fondue, seeing people we don't see very often and some puzzles/games. We were back home and asleep by 1am and that felt super late to us!

My goal for the week was to get over my cold. I'm not 100% yet but I'm sleeping better and the extreme fatigue has passed so I might hop on the trainer for a short z2 ride. The advantage of being asleep/with no appetite for the better part of the last 10 days means I am down a few pounds and have hardly been drinking. Good preparation for the No Alcohol January challenge on the main page.

This week: ease back into workouts. I'm going to say 2 each of s/b/r/strength. Lengths/intensity tbd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year to all the womens!

We had a quiet evening at home--all the better to start the new year off today with two short runs. Legs are starting to get conditioned. I was able to pick up the pace a little bit. Of course, it helped that I could do both runs in daylight. Met my goal of 8 runs, but only got in one bike. Will try again this week for 8 runs and three bikes.

Hope you feel much better soon, Scherezade.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy new year, ladies! Signed up for a Zwift trial, really liking it... 4x cycling in the past week. Have also been logging some km on the treadmill (it's been minus a zillion all week... bummer). Managed a skate ski on xmas eve, but have been holed up indoors most of the holidays. Unfortunately took a spectacular wipeout on the treadmill last week, so trying to get the nasty belt-sanded area on my knee to scab over before going back in the pool (on advice of pharmacist).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies:
Happy New Year to all. Wishing you all good health and contentment in 18.
Was in bed by 10 last night like usual. Nice indoor bike today. It's -20 C here.
Made a training schedule today for the next few months so I guess its time for "off season" to end. Maybe see some of you out there this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Happy new year!

I was in Kansas from the 23rd until the 27th, then back to Nashville and Southwest ground baggage somehow drug my bag and shredded it like a lion had attacked it. The bag is ruined and some of my clothes are ruined, and my make up, plus one shoe and some clothes were totally lost, including my most favorite workout pants ever (2 pairs of Vuori pants). Over $500 worth of stuff including the LL Bean bag. They are having LL Bean send me a new bag and they cut me a check on the spot for $250 but I’m going to have to submit additional claims for the rest. Huge pain in my butt! Not to mention all my dirty underwear somewhere strewn about the baggage bowels of BNA. On the bright side, due to the power of Twitter, Vuori is going to send me replacement pants!

Workouts last week were very limited and I only got in the strength workout on Saturday and a trainer ride on Sunday. Have a new smart trainer (Tacx Neo) so I’m trying out all of the online systems. I like Zwift, but I’m also checking out TrainerRoad, sufferfest, and FulGaz (which has beautifully shot videos like you’re actually riding along on those roads). Probably end up using a mixture of them.

For New Year’s Eve, three friends came over and we picked up some pizza and drank some wine and they left by 8 o’clock since I had to get up at 3 AM to catch a 5:15 AM flight this morning to Las Vegas. I’m here until Wednesday to go to the hockey game tomorrow night and I will get to see Sally! And there’s about a 60° temperature difference which is very nice.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jan 2, 18 6:37
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ack! Bummer about the luggage.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [niagirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has been really cold in Maine, too. It's -5 right now up from -27 when I woke up (F).

I didn't set goals last week as I went to VT for a few days to see my brother, his GF, and her family. I had a really fun time! We did the Ben and Jerry's Factory tour, which was shorter than I thought it would be (I guess I envisioned watching people dream up new flavours LOL) but fun.

M: 1.5 mi showshoe
T: 6.2 mi run + 1125 yd swim
W: 8.5 mi run
T: 10 mi run + goofed around in hotel pool
F: 6.2 mi run
S: 4 mi run + 1225 yd swim
S: 12 mi run + some yoga

goals this week - 5 swims at least one day off from running (1 done as I took yesterday off), structure run week to make me faster!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ladies and Happy New Year! Been lurking on ST, with an occasional post, for a little while; but figured the first of the year would be a good time to jump in feet first.

After coming off a busy CX race season, I was all about enjoying the holidays and getting some R&R in. Got waylaid by a cold last week, so spent the long weekend curled up with a book or watching movies. Not to the point of feeling up to doing anything yet, but hope to start to put in some easy work by the end of the week.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [N+1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
welcome! I like your screen name ! Hope you feel better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, all. I had last week off work and it was glorious. I rode my trainer three times, did a barre class, and even made it to the pool. I slept in a little, saw a lot of family and friends, read, and generally relaxed.

It has been bitter cold here in Detroit too (feels like -3 F currently) and we had plans to spend NYE with a friend, but as it got closer to the time to leave the idea of bundling up, braving the cold, finding parking, walking to his apartment, etc. seemed less and less appealing so we stayed in and watched the ball drop on TV. Super lame but at least we were warm. Haha.

ironclm, super bummer about the luggage!!! Was your bag dragged behind the luggage cart thing they drive from the plane to baggage claim? Ugh - what a pain.

It's more of the same this week: I hope to do a few trainer rides, maybe barre, maybe swim. Barre is working well with my knee so I'm going with it and bought a bunch more classes. I also start PT tonight and am a bit nervous but also looking forward to learning a bit more about what is going on and how to rehab.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year Womens -- wishing you health and happiness in 2018. Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik!

The night before New Year's Eve, we celebrated my sisters birthday in New York. I flew back the next day and kicked off 2018 with a sunrise hike back in LA. I'm not much for resolutions but did spend some time thinking about my 2018 goals within triathlon and my SO is interested in getting healthy (eating better, exercising, etc.) so I'm going to be fully supportive of that.

It was very cold and windy at my folk's. My goals were to: run in the snow and lift but I'm hopeful to sneak in a little yoga. I only ran once in the snow but twice on the treadmill. I did three strength sessions but no yoga.

I haven't done yoga in three weeks -- I will fix that this week. I'll also run three times (or maybe four which would be bananas for me), bike three times, swim three times, lift twice, and do my daily p/rehab.

ironclm, I am so sorry for the hassle you dealt with on your travels. I hope it's resolved promptly.

welcome, N+1 -- love your handle!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Women! Welcome N+1. :-)

A pretty mixed week for me. Mum died Friday morning last week (not a surprise, but still not easy to handle). Moral of her story is to live life to the fullest and don't smoke. So, that's my goal. Live life to the fullest and no way will I ever smoke! So, I'm driving to SLC UT tomorrow for her memorial, family gathering, and such. I'll stop in St George on my way for a mid-day lap swim and then end the day with 60 minutes on the bike trainer (I'm lugging it along with me). I'm hoping to keep up on training - it has been a great coping mechanism.

Last week, otherwise, was a good training week. I fell a couple runs behind Tri3 in the 100/100 challenge with two days off while remodeling a kitchen (for 12 hours each day) for a family member. Almost finished it! But, I'm going to catch up. One more run this evening and then a double on Friday should put me back at +2 on the days (which I think still puts me behind Tri3!). I did need those two days off to expunge a few niggles.

Last week:

Swim x0 (I really really wanted to do the 10k swim challenge thrown down, but got derailed with Mum's passing... life won out).
Bike x0
Run x7

This week I'm aiming for:
Swim x3
Bike x3
Run x8
Downhill Ski x2 (because, Utah!)

I'll miss my favorite trail race on Saturday with my travels, so I'll have to do something interesting in Utah to make up for it.

Rock on, Women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about your mom. :(

I hope the family gathering is comforting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry for your loss SLO. Condolences to you and your family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
despite getting the very less than effective flu shot (10-30% effective this year) I got the flu. Visited my brother over Christmas and he had it. He also got a flu shot so I knew it was likely I'd get it. At the first sign of a tickle in my throat I got Tamiflu. Today is day 6 and I'm starting to feel better. Going to try to go to work tomorrow. Watched a lot of "Suits" over the weekend.

I'm writing this week off and starting my new year on Saturday.

*this is not a commentary of flu vaccines. I get mine and know they don't always work :-)
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Jan 2, 18 12:27
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you feel better, GhiaGirl.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing, I am so sorry about your mom.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My condolences to you and yours, SLO.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey SLO, I was wondering what happened to you. Safe travels, and I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

PS I've found that runs are a great reason to get some "space" during stressful family events. Just sayin.... Take care of yourself.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum, Hillary. All the best to you and your family in what's bound to be a difficult time, even if it wasn't a surprise. Hugs to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear your sad news Hillary. I hope the gatherings allow some time to share good memories. Also, hope the training allows the time and space for grieving and healing in time.
Last edited by: niagirl: Jan 3, 18 10:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are really cold temps. Are you doing all that running outside? Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 1 Edition [niagirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Those are really cold temps. Are you doing all that running outside? Wow.

Treadmill for me, but I know some of the tougher womens like MistressK run outside in the super cold.

Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jan 3, 18 7:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So sorry to hear about your mom. Please take care of yourself during this time. We are sending you love and light.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next