Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Festivus ;-) and a merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate it.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goals had been 20k swim (only 16k - snow got in the way) and whatever else my hips/back would allow (having some SI joint issues). I am managing a bit of running again but still seeing the PT. The other goal was to feel more in control of food. That didn't go so well - I'd call it 50/50. There were definitely days last week I binged, and then yesterday I under-ate. I wish my mom would stop making Christmas cookies :-( actually, I don't, really, because they are part of Christmas... I am working on being more MINDFUL of eating a cookie or two and not half a batch. Overall home is awesome. I've been visiting with friends; both of my brothers are home (one is a SR in HS, the other lives in Salt Lake City) and I am sooo enjoying the family time.

M - 7000 yd swim
T - 5.5 mi walk + 4000 m swim
W - 2 mi walk + 5000 yd swim
T - 1 mi walk, 1 mi run
F - 4 mi run, 1 mi walk
S - 4 mi run, 70 min. stairmaster
S - 6.2 mi run + 4 mi walk

goals for this week - be MINDFUL with food. Exercise as hips/back and pool closures permit :P we've been pretty much stuck at home since Friday due to a lot of freezing rain/ice/snow.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
- Run x 2: FAIL. 1 only.
- Bike x 3: FAIL. 2 only.
- Core/strength x 4: WIN
- Rehab & foam roll x 4: WIN

Very busy all week and let the tattoo heal up until Saturday - got one run in before the ice storm has made it unsafe. Don't think I'll set any goals for this week - whatever I can get in will do.

Happy holidays to all!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas to you, Tigerchik!

In 2014, I resolve to chronicle my workouts, so that I can contribute to these threads. At this point, it's all I can do to complete the S, B, R workouts that my coaches write, much less report back as to how they went...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week I swam 2 days in a row. That's it. My coach sent me an email asking if I was ready to get started again to which I replied, Nope.

I'll get in a run or swim tomorrow, probably Christmas morning I'll do a run, then nothing solid is on my non-running schedule through the end of the year so it will be a good time to ramp back up. I gotta get my eating back on track too. Ugh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Merry Christmas TC and to all others who celebrate it. And Happy Holidays to every one who celebrates this time of the year.

I had a great week - but went into it w tired legs.
Bike x 4 for 6.5 hours, long bike was 3 hours.
Run x 5 for 42 miles, long run was 15 miles
Swim x 4
core x 2

This coming week is recovery.
no goals, do a little something each day, and watch the food intake cause it can get crazy this time of the year.

Be safe and have fun. Happy training.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, nice week!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. New coach is making me work. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skating and squats and weights and running. Working some of the week. Hoping to get some extra sleep these next few days. :-)

See y'all in 2014!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't normally play this one but I'm a bit happy about the fact that I set myself the goal of a monster bike week and got there.

The kid's been away with her dad, so I had a few days to myself to hammer it.. so I did.

Fri - 50km pre-breakfast in PERFECT warm calm conditions
Sat -175km with some good rolling climby bits
Sun - 63km riding tempo on the wheel of a bike beast (one of my mates). 1k swim in the morning to shake the legs out.
Mon - rained:-( 8.5k run with the dog & a 2k swim
Tues - 182km at a steady pace & a little 3k brick at the end.
Today - about to head out for the traditional Xmas Day ride & another 50-60

Might have a day off after that and then a bit of a run block at the back end of the week.

Merry Xmas gals, I've enjoyed your company and thoughtful conversations over the year!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome week. Well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy holidays all!

Last week, started with me eating way more XMAS cookies than I should have, but the workouts went well.

5 runs - only 4 - too much snow and ice and no access to treadmill to get the 5th one in. Trail running has been a mudfest and really slow! It is quite the strength workout!
3 swims - score! Learned about drag socks from masters swim coach and I HATE them. But I will learn how to kick with them.
2 bikes - Yes! Including first ride outside in over a month.
2 strengths - done!

This week, continue to build run volume
5 runs - 2 done
3 swims - 1 done
2 bikes
2 strength

Just finished making more XMAS cookies and a chocolate raspberry cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting. I hate to admit it but I licked that frosting bowl clean and it was good! I will have to ride the trainer for awhile tommorow to burn off all of those calories. Goal is to only eat one peice of that cake tommorow.

Happy holidays all!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are drag socks - are you just swimming with regular socks?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are evil, evil mesh skirts that you slip around your ankles. I call them the anti-fins or sinky socks bc they add so much resistance! Our coach made us do 12x25s on 1:00min and it was TOUGH bc I don't have much of a kick when i swim. I kick fine if all I have to do is kick and I pull just fine if all i have to do is pull. Ask me to do them together (aka "swim") and I forget to kick. These make you think about body position, engage that core and kick strongly or you are not getting across the pool! They definitely added some interesting variety to our workout!

We have a new masters coach who is really into turning us silly triathletes into real swimmers so he is really breaking things down for us. We are doing a kick focus right now and I have actually learned how to get some propulsion from my kick!

Here is a pair in action. We didn't do kick sets - we just did free.

http://www.goswim.tv/...s-kick-overload.html
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 23 Edition [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooh! Really interesting. Thanks for the video.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the link where you can find more information about DragSox: http://aquavolo.com/products
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good thing my high school coaches didn't know anything about drag sox, or we would have been wearing them during Hell Week. We already had to wear t-shirts, shorts, & nylons…one year we even had to wear shoes.
Late in posting, but here goes.
Last week- the last week of work before 2 weeks off (benefit of working in a school environment) 2 runs, 1 bike, 1 stretch class & 1 team tri party & 1 mechanic's b-day party. didn't swim due to eye infection, so just took it easy.

This week-off work so looking to get a few more workouts in- it was iffy on the swimming due to the eye infection, which is just now cleared.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply