Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is well. How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 3 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week less than or equal to 6 runs (2 done)I ran 7 times but the total mileage was a little under what I usually do in 6 runs... yes, I'm rationalising , 6 swims (2 done) done!, work at riding on rollers and/or trainer even better, rode outside

I am happy with how I mixed speed and shorter runs this week. I ran speed on M and Saturday and the other days were easy. I also had some variation in the mileage :-)

M: 8.5 mi run + 1200 yd swim
T: 7.5 mi run + 1500 yd swim
W: 7.1 mi run + 1400 yd swim
T: 6 mi run + 1800 yd swim
F: 8.5 mi run + 1550 yd swim
S: 6 mi run + 2000 yd swim
S: 5 mi run + 6 mi bike

totals 9450 yd swim, 6 mi bike, 48.6 mi run

goals for this week: 6 swims, 2 bikes, day off from running

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 3, 17 10:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it was a good week for you, TC. I was on travel for work. I still managed to get 4 runs and 2 trainer rides in. As long as I can keep work in its place this week, my goals are 3x swim, 6x run and 4x bike this week. Family member is getting major inpatient surgery next week, so this week's workouts will be particularly important.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens, I hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for getting us started tigerchik.

It wasn't a great week for training --I aimed for...
"daily p/rehab, 3 strength sessions, 2 pool swims, 2 trainer rides, 1 track session ... over the weekend, I'll do that bike/run brick I've been avoiding as well as a swim/bike brick."
... and I ended up with p/rehab 6 of 7 days, 2 days of strength, 1 pool swim, 2 trainer rides, 1 track sessions and 1 of the bricks. Not great but I was really tired all week and think it was the right call. Work has been higher stress than usual and I've had a few other personal things going one over the last few days. It's all fine just blegh.

I had a really, really fun time cheering and sherpaing at Oceanside. It was great to watch the pros and see so many friends hitting great times on that course. I had so much fun that I skipped my swim/bike brick and went to the beach -- I didn't even do my p/rehab that day which is very unusual for me. However, I'm happy to report that I did the bike/run brick I'd been avoiding and that went well -- probably the best I've felt running off the bike (road not tri).

This week, I'm sorta tapering for a 70.3 this weekend -- daily p/rehab, 2 days of strength, a swim, a run, a bike a drive north, a little prep, and then a race! This will be my second 70.3 and my goal for the race is just to put together 3 solid segments and treat it like a big, hard brick to give me experience and confidence for the Santa Rosa 70.3 in May. I will be riding my road bike (I'm not on my tri bike until I get sorted out) and I am hoping it allows me to run more comfortably off the bike without slowing me down too much. In my first 70.3, I had a mechanical, lost a water bottle, got a 5:00 penalty on the bike and then utterly imploded on the run in the heat, hills, and humidity -- Here's hoping I can get it together this time around :D

I hope everyone has a great week!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good gravy. How do you have time for all this??? Respect.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a work week last week! Two more weeks until my favorite day of the year... April 15th! Gah. This is the time of year when I kick myself for working out instead of doing my day job. Oh well. Time to get 'er done.

Last week:
Run x2
1/2 Marathon Trail Race, good enough for 2nd AG and 9th Female
76.4 hours of billable work

It was really nice to go outside for a few hours! (that's not me, I'm the one who took the pic)

This week:
Survive
Move body at least once for 2 minutes

I just need to take a deep breath and relax and not freak out that I'll lose all my fitness if I don't maintain my sweat time. So, back to work I go!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 3 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Good gravy. How do you have time for all this??? Respect.

I'm single and childless!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 3 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
76.4 hours of billable work

whoooaaa

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy April!!

I've been diligently counting calories and have lost 5 lbs of the "I'm having a baby so I should eat all the things" weight. Still have 13ish to go, but I'm starting to notice a difference which of course makes it easier to stick with the plan.

I've been running because it ticks the most boxes. I get outside, the dog gets her exercise and it doesn't take much time.

I've been running 3 days/week but I'm going to experiment with 4 or 5 days and see how I feel. My "long" run is 6km - I'm planning on getting that one to 10 with the other days being 4-6. Running is not my strong sport - it's been a pleasant surprise to enjoy it and feel like I'm progressing (in volume if not in speed).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 3 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe - Good work on the weight loss and the running!

SLOgoing - Congratulations on the race. Any funky prizes?

Last week: two indoor rides, first outdoor ride of the season (YAY) and one weights session. I really enjoyed the time away - The Post Hotel is one of my favourite places to visit. The club ride on Sunday was good, although a bit chilly at the start. I have never worn quite so many layers to go cycling (I even had tin foil in my shoes) but I was just thrilled to be outside. It was quite a slow ride (3 hours for 50miles) but I was pleased with how it went :D

This week: physio (done), another weights session, two indoor rides and one longer outdoor ride (weather dependent). I am in a course all weekend so not sure how much more I will have time for and I was hoping to get out with Dan for a long ride on Friday but the weather is looking dreadful.

Where has AP disappeared to? I don't recall her posting recently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check my Strava, er, I mean Time & Billing <pink>. Ha. I track every freaking detail! But for real, it is getting real at work!

Yeah, where is AP??? It has been many months!

Funky prize was race credit toward the next race entry fee. Pretty funky, but I dig it. Because I'll do it again next year.

And edbikebabe! Dang. I need a lesson. Most impressive. Meanwhile, I ate a break room muffin and unclaimed ice cream today. Grr.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply