Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to buy a new saddle
Quote | Reply
A piece of my current saddle was broken off in a recent race so I need a new one. That saddle came stock with my old bike (~2010) and since I never had any issues with it I transferred it to my new circa 2013. I'm sure the original is no longer in production. I am clueless what to look for, how to test it, where to buy, etc and would appreciate some direction from you seasoned ladies! If it matters, I ride my 112 miles on an aero road bike, not a TT bike.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: How to buy a new saddle [sbrrepeat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would measure the width of your old saddle in mm. Measure at the back area, the area where your sit bones go. Measure the length. Look for somewhere that has a very easy return policy. Look for something that looks similar to the one you liked. Or head to your LBS and see if they have demo saddles (call around).
I could tell pretty quickly if a saddle was comfy or not.
GOOD LUCK!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSports.com will rent demo saddles and credit you against the purchase (up to $150 I believe) if you can't find a local place that does demos. Haven't used them for this, but their CS has been super helpful for other things.

http://www.trisports.com/...-saddle-program.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What brand and model was the saddle that you had been using?
Quote Reply
Re: How to buy a new saddle [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the great advice. The shop was able to cut off and sand down the broken piece so I'm going to try to stick with my old saddle for now.
Quote Reply