Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by 70Trigirl
Last edited by: 70Trigirl: Aug 21, 20 12:04
Re: How to adjust from full on Ironwoman to domestic/beginner homesteader [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can sort of relate-
Husband and I used to do trail races/backpacking almost every weekend. Then, we bought a house in the country!

He wanted the lifestyle change more than me- put in a huge garden, got chickens, geese started doing landscaping, cutting firewood,ect. Our outdoor time together was now all this. I resented it at first, the original idea was we would try to do both-spend time recreating and homesteading- didn't happen. He continued to focus on the house/land and I still wanted to do backpacking, races, and tris. Caused some problems.

we came to sort of an agreement-
that's what he wants to spend bulk of his time on, I probably do more swimming, biking and running than homesteading, but I am learning to like it better as I get older. You may find you have to devote more to one or the other.

wishing you well with your new life
Quote Reply
Re: How to adjust from full on Ironwoman to domestic/beginner homesteader [TricentralPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for you post :-)

It's a big lifestyle change for sure!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: How to adjust from full on Ironwoman to domestic/beginner homesteader [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you homesteading—entirely self-sustaining in terms of food and energy with no other source of support—or just living off-grid in a rural area? The two are very different. If you truly are homesteading I’m guessing there really isn’t goIng to be much space for recreation. Off-grid can be challenging but manageable. Are there animals involved? That really changes the equation as well. More info would help problem solvind

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would cut back on house cleaning.

God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live alone and have no kids. I don't clean - I hire someone to do it. Same with mowing the grass (actually, one of the other owners owns a landscaping business so they send their crew over to mow all 4 units tiny yards).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply