Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you design a t-shirt?
Quote | Reply
Am I the only person in the universe who has never emblazoned words/designs onto a t-shirt?

My mom is really into calling herself "Ironmom" now. She gave me a plain white cotton t-shirt. I would like to put the word "Ironmom" onto the t-shirt, and perhaps some other creative design-y stuff, to make it pretty. But I don't know where to start.

Ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: How do you design a t-shirt? [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talk to Erika!!!!

Quote | Reply
Erika (of tribabe.com, or trailbait on here) is a great resource.

If you are going for easy, do it yourself quickly, I have had luck with the iron-on letters at craft stores (like Michaels), too. Pretty easy to use and stay on pretty well.

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Avery makes a iron-on transfer paper that you can print on an ink-jet printer and can be picked up at an OfficeMax or probably even Target. That's probably the easiest "Do-It-Yourself" option. Your other option is to take it to a local screen-printer and have them silk screen it for you. Silk screening isn't hard to learn, but if this is the only t-shirt you're likely to make, then it's probably more equipment/learning curve than you are going to want to take on.

There are also a score of digital printers like cafepress.com where you can create your design and have it printed, but they'd necessitate buying another t-shirt, so probably not what you are looking for...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had good luck using Zazzle.com You can upload pictures/images, and it has a large number of fonts and colors and whatnot, and you can do anything form a swetahirt to a tech t to a long sleeve t.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: How do you design a t-shirt? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for zazzle. I used them earlier this year for a complex design and the knocked it out. I've had great results from cafepress.com for simpler stuff.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply