Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you clean your sonicare?
Quote | Reply
Let's make this question Monday...

The inside of my sonicare toothbrush is, in a word, disgusting. I have yet never figured out a good way to get down inside to clean the crud out. I've tried an old toothbrush with a little bleach, which kind of works but not really. How do you all keep your clean or are they as gross as mine?
Quote Reply
Re: How do you clean your sonicare? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it you've had it longer than 6 months, replace the head. outside of that I would say stick it upside down into a cup of water and let it sit all day, then run hot hot water over it and use tweezers to pick out the nasty......but...I also like to do things the amazingly difficult way so hopefully others have better ideas...

on a side note, I heard you rock'd the FnP course on Saturday! Well Done!

Quote | Reply
Very simple: 24-48 hours upside down (bristles down) in a half glass of regular drugstore hydrogen peroxide. The crud between the bristles will all disappear.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you clean your sonicare? [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I replace the head regularly, it just down inside that gets all gnarly. I'll try the upside down in a glass of water/peroxide trick.

(I'm not sure if I would call it rockin' the course, but I didn't get a flat nor did I come in last. Not that there's anything wrong with coming in last...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love my sonicare, but i probably don't replace the heads as often as i should. every few weeks, i'll let the head soak in listerine for a while. another good tip somebody gave me which applys to all tooth brushes, after you're done and you rinse it off really well, put the bristles in your mouth and suck the excess water off of the brush. the dryer you can keep the brush, the less gunky it gets.

---------------------------------------------------
"Pops trippin'. He want me to ask for my bike back. You know i wouldn't trip."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very light bleach and water solution to clean out the inside and I'll soak the heads if the brush isn't warn out but don't put the brush part in the solution. Takes care of that gunk in about 2 minutes. Works great in funky water bottles as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband soaks his in a cup of Listerine.
Quote Reply