Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
So what was the intended use of the "big bowl?"

glad you asked, I was wondering too ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Met on our cycling team. He was there first, Ironclm and I joined the team in 2007."

Hope you didn't steal him away from her. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [ivanova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our parents are friends so I've known her my entire life. They moved around a lot though. They decided to settle in my town when I was 23 and had just ended a relationship, she was 19 and was also single. Sparks flew and the rest is history. Been together for 15 years now.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Apr 26, 14 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [ivanova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work. I used to redline his drawings and annoy the heck out of him. But we had very similar personalities, and had always got along well. We had been work buddies for ~5years when we kinda figured it out. We've been together 8+, no plans to EVER get married. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never say never
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure that ain't gonna happen - I've already been married twice, him once. Our theory: why get married -- so we can get divorced? (kinda grim I know)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've told this story many times but never written it, so bear with me, i had just got to Japan in November 97, and one of the guys from the ship convinced me to go with him to Tokyo for News Years Eve. If you have never been to Japan they don't have capacity laws, anyways it's NYE and the bars are FULL. You can't walk, you just get moved around with the flow of the bar, better get a drink when you are near the bar or its going to be a while before you get another chance type of FULL. At 11:30 they more or less lock the doors to keep the people out. At that time I was at near the bar when two Japanese girls walked up the stairs and I knew I had to go talk to one of them which turned out to be my future. We hit it off and spent time together that night but got separated later on.

It was getting close to dawn and the trains were going to start running again, I told my buddy to hang on, I have to go find that girl. I went back into the first bar and it was just as packed as several hours before, and it was like the parting of the Red Sea, at least in my mind, as I was several or a lot of drinks into the evening, but the crowd parted and she was on the other side of the bar and I quickly made my way over to her. We have been together ever since. Married in 2001 with 2 boys.

Before we left Japan, I asked her father for permission to marry her. At the time I didn't speak enough Japanese to be able to articulate what I was trying to say, so I ended up singing "dum dum dee dum, dum dum dee dum" he got the idea of what I was trying to say after that. Smile

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [RAswim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Match.com! I was only a runner when I met him but after watching him train for his first Ironman, I was ready to try it for myself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moved to San Jose for work. Ended up making a wrong turn on a Sunday morning and wound up in the parking lot of a local church, so went in. Hanging out in the balcony, watching people, and this woman walked into the next row with the most dazzling smile for her friends there- first thought that went through my head was "I wonder if I'm going to marry her"- very weird thought, dismissed it immediately. Mutual friend introduced us a few months later, heard she had a BF at the time, so I was "ok, cool, we'll just get to know each other." Took her to see some friends dance with a local company-'supposed to be a group thing, no one else showed up (turned out she discouraged 'em). Thought it was weird that she never mentioned her BF- 11 months later we were married. 21 years ago now. Still think she's the most remarkable human being I've ever known...
Quote Reply
Re: How did you meet your other half and how long have you been together? [lam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 that's funny, I met my wife on a dating site ,too (https://kovla.com/datings/us/brooklyn). I was about to give up my search, but suddenly I saw a pic of a pretty lady with a bike. Her beauty struck me as a storm. the beauty of the bike struck me as well, so that was my choice. I fell in love with both of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We both worked in the same Renaissance Faire group. I still can't say that with a straight face. Knew him for a year as friends. Came back the next summer for Faire in Novato, CA (for the ren fair dorks who know where that was). Grabbed his butt and kissed him on a Sunday afternoon, had coffee on the next Thursday, didn't make it home for a couple of days after that. We watched Hard Boiled, with Chow Yun Fat, on our first date.

This July will be 17 years since the fateful butt grabbing, married for 13 years, and our daughter is turning three in May.
Quote Reply

Prev Next