Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How did you do? Sept 13
Quote | Reply
My goals were 3,3,6 swim bike run and 2 lifting sessions. 3 rides (1h40, :50, 1h15), 2 swims (2k + 5k), 6 runs (48.8 mi), 2 lifting sessions. BAM.

Not sure about this week, I'll post goals tomorrow. Really busy schoolweek. I'm giving my first guest lecture on Thursday!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Sept 13 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
- 3x runs - DONE
- 1x swim - NOT DONE - pools closed for 2 more weeks
- 1x LSD ride on w/end - 2 rides (1 paceline intervals; 1 hill repeats).

This week:
- 4x runs (2 easy aerobic with dog; 1 hill quad killer - already done; 1 intervals of 4x[4min at 10k RP+2min recovery])
- 1 LSD ride on Sunday
- 2 core/upper bod weights sessions OR spin class

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This week:
swim: 1 pool, 1 OW (first time in Lake Monona - hope it isn't too nasty...)
bike: 2 short
run: 2 short
Let's see, what else this week? Oh, yeah, RACE IRONMAN!! Thank goodness, I am starting to get really bored with this taper. :D

Race goals:
1). Finish. This will happen.
2). Under 15 hrs. This is probable. (Well, I hope anyway, I guess I honestly have no clue, this being my first... I feel like I'm jinxing myself writing this.)
3). 13.5 hrs. If everything goes absolutely perfectly, I think I can do this. Again, no real clue...
4). Make sure my family has a good time visiting and spectating. Yeah, no real control over this, but I'm a pleaser. :P

Did all my taper workouts of course, as well as the race! It went really well I thought, I'll post a rr at some point, right now I have to go ice my legs while catching up on the butt-ton of reading for class tomorrow that I didn't get done in the pre-race excitement.

But the important stuff:
Swim: 77/110 AG, 1:26:04, 2:16/100m
T1: 9:56
Bike: 58/110 AG, 6:59:59, 16.0 mph
-40, 2:26:14, 16.40
-43, 2:41:53, 15.94
-29, 1:51:52, 15.55
T2: 5:36
Run: 49/110 AG, 5:07:43, 11:45/mile
-6.35, 1:08:33, 10:47
-6.65, 1:21:39, 12:16
-6.23, 1:14:19, 11:55
-6.97, 1:21:11, 11:56

TOTAL: 13:49:17, 50/110 AG, 1500/2500 starters, 2398 finishers

This week:
Yeah, I have no goals. Other than I guess rest and get that huge pile of stinky sweaty gear cleaned up.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Last edited by: FeltLikeTriing: Sep 13, 10 16:42
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Sept 13 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations. I would love to read your RR when you get a chance.
Recover well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

My name is Jean and I have been reading this thread with interest for quite a while. I would very much like to post my work out here as well. I just did my first ever sprint triathlon few weeks ago and I had so much fun. My goal for this week is:

Swim for one mile 4 times in the pool - did 2 sessions, 2 more sessions to go.
Bike 50 miles - did that today.
Do a spin class (for the first time), then 50 dips, 50 push-ups, & 100 sit-ups: I will do that tomorrow.

Goal for next week is:
3 sessions of one mile swims in the pool.
a 3 mile run (hopefully)
bike for 30 minutes in the gym or a spin class, then dips/push-ups/sit-ups.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Sept 13 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome! We are happy to have you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Sept 13 [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Jean! :)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for saying hello!

I had to getup extra early today to do the spin/strengthening exercise that I had said that I was going to do yesterday. If I had not posted that yesterday, then I don't think that I would have done it... hehe...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AWESOME! I knew you could do it ;-)

Now relax and enjoy the time off!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there, I'm new here, been on ST a while and didnt notice a Woman's Forum! Cool!

Well, after a summer of freaky injuries (fractured ankle, nerve entrapment and broken toes) it seems I am back to training consistently. I was off running for a total of almost 4 months! Yikes! The past few weeks I have been able to get in 3x swim, 3x bike and 3x run. Just starting to think about some fall races here in AZ. My longest run was 5 miles last week. Already did a 5.5 miles this week and hope for a "long" run of 6 miles this weekend.
Next up for me will be a local Tour (70 miles) on Oct 3rd, my first bike race so any advice would be appreciated!
Quote Reply