Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How did you do? Nov 29
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a good holiday (well, those of us who had holidays).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for the Thanksgiving week:
5 runs (2 done)
2-3 swims (these will be harder to get in when I am on vacation and not really near a pool)
2 rides (1 done)
3x yoga

Academic goals: mail the Fellowship application next Monday. (It has to be postmarked by Dec 1 anyway). Mostly this involves working on my manuscript now.

work... on ... lit review...

Ran 6 times - 38.5 mi
Rode twice (1 h, 45 min total)
Yoga twice (1h 45 total)
Swam once (2600 y)

I, uh, will work on the fellowship stuff today.
I did write one sentence of my lit review :-)

goals for this week: 5 runs, 2 swims, hip exercises 3x, shoulder exercises 3x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Nov 29, 10 14:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No holiday for me, in fact I worked all weekend.

Last week: Base 2
Run: 4x (2 aerobic; 1 intervals - already DONE, and 1 hills) => DONE and feeling great!
Swim: 2x => 1x only so FAIL, trying to swim at lunch is difficult when work gets in the way. However on the plus side, the one swim I did felt great!
Ride: 1x mtn bike or trainer (~2hrs). => 2hr mtb ride DONE and awesome (mud, snow, dirt flying - wicked - took a thermomug of eggnog+coffee with me on the ride too haha)
Diet: get back on the portion control... DONE. I think I did really well on this last week.

This week: Base 3

Run: 6x - the December running challenge starts this week! 3 ez with dawg; 1 intervals; 1 hills; 1 longer + steady.
Swim: 2x - this will be tough (tough work sked this week)
Bike: Likely none.
Other: Office Xmas party on Sat, try to watch the booze intake ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 3 runs, including a trail run: WIN!
- 1 or 2 bike: FAIL. zero.
- 2 core/strength: WIN!
- 1 or 2 swims: WIN - 1 swim.
- continue p.i.w.: WIN
- get to the guelph farmers' market on saturday: WIN, but they didn't really have what we were after. got some nice produce and some grass-fed lamb that made awesome curry, though :)

this week's goals:
- 3 runs
- 1 or 2 bike incl. put tri bike on trainer now that livingroom is re-arranged
- 1 or 2 swim
- 2 core/strength
- hit kitchener market saturday

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Swim 2x - DONE
Run 2x - DONE (Sunday night run I whined the whole way but... I got it done.. Yay!! I feel sorry for the BF.. haha)
Trainer 3x - DONE
Strength 3x - 2.5 ( I only got halfway through my 3rd set and had to quit.. ran out of time)
Yoga or Zumba 1x - DONE (I did the Arc Trainer which feels like your cross country skiing...)

THIS WEEK!!
Swim 2x
Run 2x
Strength 4x (2x with weights)
Trainer 3x
Arc 1x

I know this sounds terrible but I need to put on another pound this week weight wise... I did my half ironman and dropped down to 108 lbs on a 5'6" frame in September. I'm now up to probably 113lbs but Coming from a family where my father was always on my mom about being thin engrained in my mind that the only way to be pretty is to be thin. Well... I got thin alright and not by trying just came from training so much and also all the loss that i suffered this year. I figured I would let people in on my battle. I quit getting on the scale about a month ago because I knew that I wasn't at a healthy weight and have been trying to fight to get my weight up but its a struggle in the mind that is very hard to overcome. I plan on doing 2 or 3 half Ironmans in 2011 and know that I have to have weight on before I start training for them in January. I think I'm depressed knowing I have to gain the weight along with many other stresses is making getting up in the morning very hard. I just don't know how to overcome this battle that I have everyday in my head knowing that i need to gain and that its good for me... Yes I do see a psychologist and he helps me out but I know i have to take control of this if I want to place in my age group next year in any of my races.. I'm just FRUSTRATED...
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [tayjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I empathize. Having to gain sucks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Ran 6 times - 385 mi

Good gracious, TC, I really hope you just forgot a period there. ;) Making me feel like a real slacker.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see...

Last week:
Not planning much, visiting relatives and all. No bike, no pool. :(
hips x2 - DONE
abs x3 - DONE
yoga/pilates x1 - DONE
run x2 - ONLY 1. Just a mile, felt fine, but then my knee started hurting a few hours later (and the next day after Black Friday shopping also), so I skipped the 2nd run. Stupid. I may actually have to go in and see someone about this, and that's just dumb. :(
gain <3 lbs :) - FAIL. Gained 3.5. Heehee, oops. That would be the MIL's fault and her stupid, delicious cooking. Mmmmm...

This week:
Flying to Providence for the research project I work on, staying in a nice hotel w/ pool and gym, so that should be fun!
1. try to run x2
2. hips/abs x2
3. yoga x2
4. swim x2
5. drop the 3 lbs

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops.

Fellowship application and manuscript PRINTED! I am waiting on contact info from one reference and then I can mail it.

Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you mean 100/100 or the Dec 200 runs/200 beers challenge?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mon- 2000 yd swim
tues - tempo run: 15 min warm-up, 30 min of 1/4 mile bursts at 80% effort. 30 miles on the bike in big chain ring.
wed - 20 mile bike immed. followed with 5 mile run
thurs. 5 mile race. 44:54 . my pace is getting faster.
fri. weights , then 2000 yd continuous swim- no stopping. unexpected breakthrough: it just felt so easy.
sat- 10 mile run at sub 10 min pace, last 3 miles were the fastest.
sun- 50 mile bike ride. my legs felt tired at the beginning. the headwind was tough on the way to the turn-around but rode the big chain ring for the last half and flew.
still can't make up my mind about the big chain ring. my legs are tired after I use it ( maybe more training needed but I'm worried about running in a race after the big ring ) but it's so much faster.
A swim on wed. would have been nice. Other than that, I'm happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latter ;-)

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [Nola Joe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice week!

Quote Reply
Re: How did you do? Nov 29 [Nola Joe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! re: big ring, do lots of big ring work and your legs will adapt (I used to ride a 55T and put out some of my best bike splits - it did take some work to get my run back inform after riding that beast tho)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rough holiday around our house, which included a brief but brutal bout of a stomach bug. As a results, goals were so/so:

Last week's goals:
Bike 2x - Done
Run 5x - Only 2x, but decent time for the 10K turkey trot
Swim 1x - Nope
Strength 2x - Done

This week's goals:
Bike 4x (all spin classes that I teach), don't overdo it tomorrow & Friday
Run 4x & FINISH my 50 miler. I'm nervous!!

That's it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week's goals:

Mon-Ran 3 miles, 1/2 core
Tue-Swam 1 mile
Wed-Ran 3 miles, 1/2 core
Thu-Zumba, 1/2 core
Fri-Run 3 miles, then as a reward shoot basketball hoops for 20 minutes
Sat-Swim 1 mile
Sun-Swim 1 mile