Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Labor Day to womens in the US. How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week:
healthy coping check! currently on day 31 of healthy coping
foam rolling and hip exercises check
less running, more cycling kind of on the running. I did ride more, but I ended up swapping swim time for it. I still took a day off from running so I'm okay with this

totals
swim 6x 11,483 yards (some swims in the meter pool)
bike 3x 75.4 mi
run 6x 48.8 mi

I'm okay - I'm struggling a lot with anxiety and feeling depressed. I'm very, very introverted but am finding that I miss some (not all) of the little bit of workplace socializing. That sort of filled my social needs out here. I wish my university would go online (we have a 13.63% positivity rate and are doing in person school, it's nuts) so I could go back to Maine and be with my family.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

TC-Yeah, the lack of an ability to choose to go virtual and the high test rates are really alarming at your school. The situation wouldn't fly here. We'd be closed (SUNY oneonta, which is just up the road, closed because of around 100 cases, AND they weren't all in person). I'm so sorry. I also was watching this recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyeeuDjVr5A&t=13s&ab_channel=NetflixIsAJoke. Anyway, it's not surprising if you're feeling anxious and I wish you the best for remembering those healthy coping skills.

For me, I did everything I was supposed to last week, on the days that I was supposed to do them. That's unusual at this point. This week is my A race woot! It's a century ride. I went and did some recon over the weekend and took some time to prepare. It was a nice treat, just to focus on sport for a day or two and not worry about everything else. I'm not entirely sure that I'll make it 100 miles, but I AM sure that it feels like a vacation from the onslaught of 2020 to be in race week, so yay for that.

Good luck to everyone.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eat enough and drink enough, and you'll be fine for 100miles. You can totally do this!

Dr TC - sorry things are causing you anxiety - I hope you switch to remote teaching soon!

Here I'm trucking along with a run focus. Just started week 8 and I think the consistency is paying off? We had our last swim at the outdoor pool on Saturday. There's been a sign saying there was a service dog that was not to be disturbed but the dog was never there; UNTIL that last swim. I was very proud of myself for actually obeying the sign.

I've pushed the reset button on the nutrition front and am "dry for now". Also trying to be more mindful of how much added sugar I'm having - the pastry/dessert/ice-cream/something sweet habit was very much becoming a habit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that they've postponed your football game. Important things first in Oklahoma!

I actually rode the bike multiple times last week and got to the gym twice. Now to get back in the pool. Working from home means I get in front of the computer and then don't get much else done.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I see that they've postponed your football game. Important things first in Oklahoma!

I actually rode the bike multiple times last week and got to the gym twice. Now to get back in the pool. Working from home means I get in front of the computer and then don't get much else done.

Nice on the cycling and gym-ming.

Yeah, a lot of Tulsa's football players have COVID so they postponed it a week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

Nice on the cycling and gym-ming.

Yeah, a lot of Tulsa's football players have COVID so they postponed it a week.

Lots of players with Covid and they are only postponing for a week? Crazy. No wonder you are stressed about teaching. :(
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping it's a "postpone a week at a time" thing. They are trying to maintain the public image of "we didn't cancel football!" because it is such a huge part of the culture, I think. So postponing it a week buys some time. We'll see what happens. Unfortunately, what happens will probably be a game on the 19th.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I'm hoping it's a "postpone a week at a time" thing. They are trying to maintain the public image of "we didn't cancel football!" because it is such a huge part of the culture, I think. So postponing it a week buys some time. We'll see what happens. Unfortunately, what happens will probably be a game on the 19th.

That makes sense. I've never lived where the town "lives and dies" by it's sports teams - only seen it on tv/movies.

I saw kids playing/practicing football while I was out last night. I didn't think that team sports were back up and running - it really surprised me. Clearly I have no idea of what's happening in my own city.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Sept. 7 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That makes sense. I've never lived where the town "lives and dies" by it's sports teams - only seen it on tv/movies.

I saw kids playing/practicing football while I was out last night. I didn't think that team sports were back up and running - it really surprised me. Clearly I have no idea of what's happening in my own city.

The school spirit is a lot of fun in normal times. I've become a fan of ESPN gameday because the signs are hilarious!

Quote Reply