Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 23 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week? What are you doing for Thanksgiving (if American or celebrating it for some other reason)?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 23 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my goals were mental health (doing ok, just 1 bad day in the past two weeks!) and train smart (I kinda did that)

M - 7.4 mi run + 2200m swim
T - 14 mi run
W - 21.3 mi bike + 4.5 m run
T - 8.3 mi run + 600m swim
F - 7.5 mi run + 1300m swim
S - 21.7 mi bike + 3.1 mi run
S - 21.7 mi bike + 4.5 mi run

This week is "students' fall break", so things have quieted down a tiny bit. I still have a bunch of work to do. I've been plugging away at my research a tiny bit.

I'll zoom with my parents and one sibling for Thanksgiving. The other one is rafting the grand canyon. I'm excited for him.
I hope all the womens are well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 23 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done on staying on top of the mental health stuff Dr TC. Keep up the good work!

I had a good week last week. It was the last week of my run block and I decided to go for a 10k PR. Dan paced me to a 5+ minute PR so I'm pretty pleased. I was going to take a few days off running this week but I've just seen that I'm around 20 miles away from my third consecutive 100 mile (or more) month so I'm taking today off and then will run this week. Maybe I'll have a few days off once it's December.

The other thing I'm looking forward to this week is a swim analysis session. It's been a while since I had anybody look at my stroke so I'm hoping for some useful info.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey 'yall

Congrats on healthy mechanisms TC, and enjoy the break and the family Zooms.

Scheherezade, meine Götte, that's a crazy PR! Congrats, and good luck with the 100 mi. goal!

I'm fine. My university went remote again, so the pool closed and, long story short, after spending too much time trying to figure out where else to swim, I gave up and missed a workout last week. Other than that, I'm on top of things... Psych, not really. My shit's kinda crazy right now and I just want this semester to end. For Thansgiving, I'm cooking at least one dish from each branch of the distant family for the dinner, Zooming with people, and hatching unusual plans to make it look like Santa is barfing all over my house to combat the lack of family time this year.

My week:
Mon: Run and leg strength (check!)
Tue: REst (Nailing it!)
We: short spin
Thur: Turkey Trot (which went virtual but I'm meeting up with some friends and looking forward to that)
Fri: ride and strength
Sat: Long run and strength
Su: Long ride

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply