Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 16
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 16 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week: mental health, train smart.

I can finally write some wins. I have a 6-day streak of healthy coping (today will be day 7), and I put together a very decent high-volume week.

M: 12 mi run + 1300m swim
T: 46.5 mi bike
W: 14.5 mi run
T: 46.5 mi bike
F: 11 mi run + 1050m swim
S: 7.5 mi run + 1900m swim
S: 62.5 mi bike

This is my last week of teaching in person for the term :-)

goals for this week are the same as last: mental health, train smart

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo, everyone,

TC-7 days! What delicious news. High five!

I'm fine. Burning out for the semester, and trying to muster the motivation to finish up the mountains of grading, get a funding application in, keep a few additional administrative projects going, manage a few publication projects etc. I'm, like, watching Netflix instead of answering emails and dreading the next Zoom meeting. We're breaking completely next week though, and that will be welcome.

The big training news is that I impulse purchased Normatecs! I ain't even sorry, they're like the most amazing thing as I continue to be stuck at home on the computer all day and will be for the remainder of the academic year. Other than that, last week was crazy at work and I had a bad period. I missed a couple days of workouts, and had to put off my FTP test. But because of the break, my workouts felt better, and the beginning of runner's knee seems to have diminished.

This week:
M: run and strength (check! Zero knee discomfort)
T: rest (Dubba CHECK!)
W: FTP test boo.
Th: run and strength.
Fr: swim
Sa: longish run with some intensity
Su: longish trainer ride.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good new TC! And Bing - Normatecs, nice!!!

I did something every day last week (trainer, gym x 3, yoga, walk), so I'm happy with that. I now have 3 gravel bike races on the calendar for 2021, so I need to sit down and plan a training program. Hopefully they will all actually happen.

Since we are working from home at least until the first of the year, I'll just keep plugging away at a basic week - gym at least twice, yoga once, ride the bike the rest of the time. The pool has limited hours since they are short of lifeguards to keep the pool open and the masters team also has limited hours that I can't (or don't want to) go to. Like no, I am not getting in the pool at 6AM. I'll try to get there when I can, but riding the bike is more of an importance.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply