Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a foolish thing last week and signed up for a tri in July. Luckily it's super short (slightly less than a sprint), but I'm already regretting it. The bike is pretty hilly, so I'm not so excited about that.

Kids sports (and coaching) sucks up most of my week until the end of June. Time to get creative and maximize my lunch hour (and possibly early morning trainer rides).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 hours of my VR exercise. I really need to swim, bike and walk but the VR stuff is too darned fun!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals this week
do things to make me faster - check
healthy coping skills 7/7 - nope, 4/7

totals last week 4 miles of swimming (5 swims), 20 mi indoor bike (1 ride), 36 mi run (I think, 5 run days). I lifted once.

I had a rough mental health day last week but the good news is the hard days are not as hard/bad as they've been before so that is progress.

I flew back to Maine on Tuesday. On Wednesday I had an appt with the surgeon who did my surgery last summer (long story short I had some pain in January, took time off, it got better but I still wanted to see him because I had some questions). I thought (because of other things he and his colleague said previously) the screw might be rubbing the tendon, but the surgeon doesn't think that it's in a position to do that, anatomically speaking, and the pain I had in January was regular old tendonitis. So that is really good news because it means the screw won't need to come out if I have pain again - rest/less invasive measures should take care of it.

We had a really good mother's day with my mom, some nice family moments. I'm enjoying being home, though my dad has covid so I am hoping I don't get it. We're all vaccinated, but this is a breakthrough case I guess.

Fri/Sat/Sun I have a lifeguard course so I can work at the summer camp I like to work at :-) I like how I've been doing lifeguard certifications/recerts since I was 15 (so 20 years) and still get anxious I won't pass, LOL.

So far this week: swam and lifted yesterday and resisted the obsessive-compulsive urge to run (I am trying to be careful w/ miles and days in a row and I ran long ish on Sunday). Today I resisted the urge to run junk miles (swim and run day). I had such a good run this AM, so this is all working... which doesn't mean the short/easy days and/or rest days are easy mentally.

Hope everyone is well!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent news about your foot. It sounds like you have an great summer lined up!

I had a great week of running, work, and volunteering last week. I did not get to ride over the weekend, but I think I can this coming Saturday.

I twisted my ankle about 1/8 mile into my run this morning. It crunched and was painful, and I’m so annoyed it happened. I noticed my ankle was loose and wobbly a few times yesterday on my run, and I should have been more careful today. I think it will be fine in a day or two. Grr
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 9 Edition [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope your ankle feels better really soon!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanky. I think it’s not bad at all. But it made tears shoot from my eyes and curse words fly from my mouth. No one was around. Phew!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rest day today. The goal is healthy coping skills!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
rest day today. The goal is healthy coping skills!

Mission accomplished! So proud of myself.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just singing a song in my head:

We're gonna have a good day
And all my homies gonna ride today
And all these mommies look fly today
And all we wanna do is get by today
Hey

🤪
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 9 Edition [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it!

Quote Reply