Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 4 Edition
Quote | Reply
May the fourth be with you, if you're a star wars fan. :-)
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

goals for this week:
- reach out and talk to people when I need to
- journal
- PT exercises every day!
done, done, not done

I rode my bike a bunch. Turns out you can overdo that too ;-) rest day today to take care of a small niggle I felt this morning.

Goals this week are the same as last. I will try to join the zoom hangout if we're having one; by Thursday night I was too tired of zooming.

I was, once again, tired of being on zoom. This week I have a school board meeting on zoom on Thursday, then may hop on if there is one.

I did ok last week w/ healthy coping: 5/7 days. Going for 7/7 this week.

I did a good job taking a day off!

I am finally able to run very easily for short distances!

M: off
T: 52 mi bike
W: 37 mi bike + 0.5 mi run
T: 50 mi bike
F: 37 mi bike + 1 mi run
S: 58 mi bike
S: 21 mi bike + 2.5 mi run

goal this week is not to be dumb and run too much. My pool is open again, so I got to swim this morning. It felt so, so good. I'm really grateful to have that and did my best to not spread germs: wore a mask that I didn't take off until I was ready to put my cap/goggles on, didn't even take a shower there.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: May 4, 20 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 4 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So jealous your pool is open. Pools/rec centers/gyms are going to be the last things to open here. Maybe by September?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, Ladies.

Dr. TC- I'm selfishly bummed that we missed you again last week, but hopefully one of those weeks you'll be able to join :) Also, your pool is open? Holy shit. That is...making me jealous but also massively anxious. There's no way ours are opening maybe for the rest of this year at the rate things are going.

Last week was supposed to be a build week for Eagleman. Well, even BEFORE Eagleman was officially canceled on Thursday I called a fuckitYOLO audible and signed up for VR5, which was a half-iron distance duathlon. It took a bit of mental swerving to get into "race mode", but I went through all the motions- laid out my kit the night before, chalked out a start and finish line, and even set up an aid station at the end of my driveway. The first 5k run felt nice and light and freeing, and then I jumped on Zwift to lead my tri team. That was mostly okay, but since we do our Saturday rides tethered, and people that are slower than me on the bike were all lined up to be led through 56 miles, I ended up working hard to go slower than reality. Then the half marathon on the end of that was HOT. It hasn't been has hot as it was on that run since, um, October. So I flailed a lot but got it done. It felt so refreshing and validating that I actually crossed a finish line of a long course event. I don't even care that it was made out chalk.

This week- recover a bit and then back to it

M- long walk and foam rolling. Check, and I honestly feel back to normal. We'll see about the deep-set fatigue on Wednesday
Tu- Tri team dry land workout
W- 90min team Zwift ride
Th- tri team dry land workout and a walk if it's not crappy out
F- 45min bike ride and 20min run brick
Sa- 2hr team virtual ride and 10min run brick
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good, bad, worse.

I'm doing a 6 week challenge for steps (StepBet) since I need some sort of goal and the weather is nice. My goal is 7,300 steps 4 x for the week and 9,300 steps twice with one day off if you want. Last week was week 3 and I hit all the targets. I also did strength twice - man, I really miss the gym!

And, I got a dog but after having 3 asthma attacks and having almost go to urgent care at 3AM, I had to return him to the foster so the end of the week was a big bummer. Then Saturday night at midnight I woke up and for the next 18 hours was really sick. Emailing with my doc yesterday morning, he thinks it was another bout of gastroenteritis. That's twice in two months. I'm kind of over this. So Sunday was spend either in bed or dozing on the couch.

I did get out Saturday afternoon to do a very short bike ride to see how the asthma was. It was nice to actually be outside in the heat and sunshine. We have a greenway along the river but it was full of people so I rode on the streets in the business park next to it. Only 2 other cyclists on the other side of the divided road and one walker. And then, Sunday night we had a huge storm (torrential rain, straight line winds of 70 mph). We are so over spring 2020 in Nashville! Rain again last night and more on the way and cold weather again (like down in the 30s).

For this week: Walk daily; get on the bike; strength twice.

Things WILL get better!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 4 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh jeez ironclm - sorry the week ended how it did. Hope this one is better!
Dr C - nice work on the virtual race. I loved your social media posts about it!
Dr TC - echoing the jealousy that your pool is open. Please do a few laps for me.

Last week turned out to be a lot of fun. Deferring IMC was the right decision, and it meant that I shenanigan'd with no pangs of "I should just stick to my training plan". I went strava segment hunting (it's mine now!), ran a route to hit up streets that spelt out "parkrun", cycled alongside Dan as he did his "alphabeti spaghetti" run, planned two very different cycling routes, and found a 30+% grade on one of them (YIKES). It was an awesome week and I feel content.

This week is trying to figure out what I'm doing to keep the structure but still having fun. I think the plan will be two structured trainerroad rides during the week, plus 1 or 2 rides at the weekend. I'm going to aim for 4 runs/week for the next few weeks, cutting back my long run, keeping my "hard" run, and adding another easy, short one. And keep up the core/strength.

I tried to add an image that made me LOL, but it didn't seem to work. Or did it?
Last edited by: Scheherazade: May 5, 20 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 4 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clm I am SO SORRY about your week. Your luck lately has been on the stormy side for sure. But, storms eventually run out of rain. I hope this week starts looking up for you and there's a rainbow somewhere out there for you!!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply